Craft and create your own ship... And sail it across the seven seas!
- Read before posting
- Bugs & To-do
- Old versions
Archimedes' Ships v1.5.2 for Minecraft 1.7.2
Archimedes' Ships v1.4.5 for Minecraft 1.6
Curse.com Mod Page (Mirror)
- Requires Minecraft Forge, so install that first.
- Move the downloaded ArchimedesShips-*.jar to the %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/ folder.
- (Optional) Edit the configuration file for custom block and item IDs and other settings. (.minecraft/config/ArchimedesShips.cfg)
Before you post, make sure you read the whole topic carefully, especially the FAQ section.
If you get an error screen, please post the appeared error. Bugs and crashes are not excluded.
Ideas, videos and other support are always welcome.
Blocks and items
Ship's Helm (Ship marker)
The ship's helm, previously called the ship marker, is the main block to create ships.
Right click the block to create a ship out of connected blocks and mount it. See Features:Ship for information about the ship blocks.
The basic gauge block consist of two functional indicators.
One gauge acts like a compass and will always point to the north, the other indicates the speed of the ship it is attached to. A whole circle equals 80 kilometres per hour.
It will look like this:
The extended gauge block is specialized for air ships and contains two additional gauges, once indicating the current vertical velocity, the other indicating the height by
using two pointers. One pointer that indicates 10 blocks per whole circle, a second pointer indicating 100 blocks per whole circle.
It will look like this:
Please note: The floater is not an essential part of the ship!
It is simply a very lightweight block, that gives ships the ability to float heigher and not sinking too deep. The more floaters you include in your ship, the higher it will
be on the water.
The balloon is the essential block to build air ships. 40% of the blocks on a ship should be a balloon in order to give the ship the ability to fly. This percentage is
adjustable in the config file.
Balloons will get the same colour as the wool it is crafted with.
This block allows other players to join you on your ship.
If a ship contains a seat, players can interact with the ship by right clicking it and will automatically be assigned to a seat.
A simple block that will never attach to ships.
Compile a ship
To create a ship, simply build it as you build everything in Minecraft.
Then it needs a ship helm, which is the main block of the ship and the pilot seat at the same time.
Right clicking the helm opens up a GUI:
- Rename: Allows you to rename the ship. Press Enter or the same button again to confirm.
- Compile: Finds all connecting blocks and shows the latest results on the screen. The compiled ship will be stored in the Helm block.
- Undo: Reverts to the previous compilation, in case the current compilation failed. For now, this can only be done once.
- Mount: Creates an entity out of the compiled blocks and lets you mount the ship.
When compiling, none of the following blocks will be considered part of the ship by default:
Decompiling a ship will overwrite the following blocks by default:
Sail a ship
The ship can be steered with the movement keys, where left and right change the direction of the ship and forward and backward change the forward velocity of the ship, no matter where you're looking at.
Through the configuration file you can enable the old vanilla control, by setting the control_type property to 0.
- Ascend - X : Makes the ship ascend, if it is an airship.
- Descend - Z : Makes the ship descend, if it is an airship.
- Brake - C : The ship will quickly come to a full stop.
- Align - = (equals): The ship will align and rotate to the world grid without rejoining with the world blocks.
- Decompile - \ (backslash): The ship will align and the blocks will rejoin with the world. This enables you to edit the ship.
- Open GUI - K : Opens a GUI screen, it does not contain many functions yet.
Command a ship
- /as OR /ashelp OR /as?
Lists all Archimedes' Ships mod commands.
Shows information about the ship you're currently sailing.
- /asdismount [overwrite]
Dismount the current ship, even when it can not decompile. If the "overwrite" parameter is added, the ship will decompile anyways and overwrite existing world blocks in the process if any.
- /asdestroy [range]
Destroys the nearest ship in a given range. If the range is not indicated, a range of 16 blocks is used.
The Yogscast using Archimedes' Ships:
A mod showcase by UnspeakableGaming:
The funniest mod showcase ever by XerainGaming:
A mod showcase by MineBlade:
A mod showcase by CosmicCop:
If you like the mod and want to support it, paste this code in your signature:
- Will players be able to walk around ships while sailing?
The way the mod is currently shaped, this is quite impossible. Because of the ships' smooth motion, small synchronization errors between (integrated) server and client occur, making it impossible to do proper collision resolution.
- Will it be possible for other entities to attach to ships?
This is a planned feature, but I have no idea yet how it is going to work out.
Bugs & To-do