• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

invite friends to play on single player map

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

megaman0122

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:08 AM

yeah me and my friend love this game except for one thing... we can't play together without having to  join a server with other people on it... we don't like all the swearing and the griefers and the thiefs and random noobs destroying our stuff and running amok all over X_X so why not add a simple invite friend to game button? I want to show him my single player stuff but can't and I can't help him build stuff and fend off bad guys... and minecraft would be so much cooler if real people could occupy the stuff your making.

yes what I am saying is multiplayer on our single player maps. but without all the unwanted people who make playing this game a pain, and no need to join a public server.

thieves drive me nuts! :VV:   :Notch:  :VV:

otherwise I love this game!  :iapprove:
Minecraft needs a private multiplayer...
or firefighters...

Register or log in to remove.

yoshi9048

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

1) Copy your favorite single player map into the multiplayer server's map.
2) Give your friends your IP
3) ???
4) Profit
Posted Image

Bean Delphiki

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

Well without starting your own server, which is complicated sometimes, you can do what I did. My friend and I made a world where I build a little, then store the save on a usb, and give him the usb next time i see him. then he works for a while, saves on the usb, gives it back to me, etc. Minecraft saves are found (at least on my computer) under local disc (c:) > Users > (Your Computer username) > App data > roaming > minecraft > saves.

Its pretty buried in there, but once you get used to it, you and your friend can keep trading the usb back and forth, building on the world.
Boom. Headshot.

megaman0122

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:18 AM

well I do not have a server... :D I want to be able to play at the same time as him... hmmm maybe I should look into building a server... but I really don't wanna spend the money... lol
or firefighters...

megaman0122

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

yoshi9048 said:

1) Copy your favorite single player map into the multiplayer server's map.
2) Give your friends your IP
3) ???
4) Profit
  I do not know how to do that... and how would I do that without my own server???
I really know little to nothing about computers :S
or firefighters...

fighterman481
  • Minecraft: fighterman481

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

To have a server(Assuming for friends only, not a huge 25- person-500 person one.):
1: Obtain the software
2: Set it up, following directions on the site.
3: Set IP, give to friends
4: Profit.
Act with honor, and honor will aid you.
- Brandon Sanderson

DoubleDongle
  • Minecraft: DoubleDongle

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Megaman, I believe I read somewhere that this is a planned feature exactly as you described it.  Notch wants to unify the single-player and server software, letting you make a single-player game become a multiplayer game on a whim.
Notch loves you.  Notch labors for your fun.  Believe in Notch, and let his Game relieve your boredom.
How to not die in a cave

Frjam
    Frjam

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

fighterman481 said:

To have a server(Assuming for friends only, not a huge 25- person-500 person one.):
1: Obtain the software
2: Set it up, following directions on the site.
3: Set IP, give to friends
4: Profit.

Yeah, this is exactly what I did. I created a few maps on SSP (using the new seed system and my friend's names) and put them all into my small 6 person SMP server. Now we just rotate maps every week or so to keep things fresh.

The only pain was setting up port forwarding, but there are plenty of helpful guides for that.

fighterman481

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

Is it working?
- Brandon Sanderson

megaman0122

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

Hey guys thanks for the ideas! i think getting the server software sounds easy enough untill Notch makes what I was describing. I was going to save some money to build a good computer this summer sounds like a minecraft server would be a good thing to run on it!
or firefighters...

fighterman481

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

megaman0122 said:

Hey guys thanks for the ideas! i think getting the server software sounds easy enough untill Notch makes what I was describing. I was going to save some money to build a good computer this summer sounds like a minecraft server would be a good thing to run on it!

It would be, you need a good computer if you wish to run one well. You can without, but not terribly well.
- Brandon Sanderson

Madoni
    Madoni

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

I really want this too! xD

tehftw
    tehftw

Full Stack

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Minecraft: tehftw

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

If u want to have private server for 2 people:
a)Set Server_online=false(only if you are both on LAN or hamachi/tunngle)
b)Change port(then your friend must type in multiplayer window [server_ip]:[port]
Posted Image

The Wraith

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Ooooor you could just copy your map and make an SMP server with a whitelist for them.
Feel the frosty chill of your doom...

Greenwindu
    Greenwindu

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4341 posts
  • Minecraft: Greenwindu

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

I hope Notch reads this because this is a feature I know many people will like. Good job! Sooo hope this gets added to game! Fingers crossed!
Posted Image

PalisadesMiner

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

I also really would enjoy this. Me and my friend Skype screen share to show each other our worlds :/ wish he could come see and interact in my world.

Notch, Christmas is coming and we want a big gift! this matter being included...

morshu9001
    morshu9001

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

View Postmegaman0122, on 28 February 2011 - 02:18 AM, said:

well I do not have a server... :D I want to be able to play at the same time as him... hmmm maybe I should look into building a server... but I really don't wanna spend the money... lol
You're suggesting........a server. It already exists, just use your PC as one.

View PostGreenwindu, on 20 April 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

I hope Notch reads this because this is a feature I know many people will like. Good job! Sooo hope this gets added to game! Fingers crossed!
It's already a feature, but you got scared away by the word "server".
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. I am a server admin. I only play MP and do NOT install SP mods.
Support shields replacing parrying here! (Click it)

popperthepenguin123

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

View Postmegaman0122, on 01 March 2011 - 04:31 AM, said:

hey ill tell you how to make a minecraft server all u need is to google hamichi download and then you download that and follow direcitions on hamichi so next go to www.minecraft.net them click on downloads and scroll down to server software then u click minecraftserver.exe i reomend you use google chrom if you dont have that google how to download google chrom and find a link any ways you download that then you put it on your desktop next you create a folder by right clicking then click new then click folder name it minecraft server folder then you drag the minecraftserver.exe into the minecraft server folder dubble click the minecraftserver.exe and click run then you run that it wont work the 1st time so dont go asking it ont work when it genarates the files dleet world and go to %appdata% then .minecraft the saves folder then open worlds then drag the world you want your server to be into the minecraft server folder now back to hamichi click network then create a network name it anything you want then make a pass word now your friends have to have this informaition to get on your server so tell all your friends your hamichi id and pass now there you go good luck  :SSSS: :Diamond:  :Pig:

XnolimitsZzSs

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

In order to play singleplayer with friends you will need to play on Lan match that is the only way I know but you can make your own private server and invite your friends using the ip address

Launchercrafter123
  • Minecraft: Launchercraft123

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

No support!

Posted Image