• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP] [1.7.X] [Forge] How To Train Your Minecraft Dragon- The mod based off the movie: How To Train Your Dragon

how to train your dragon (wip) minecraft mod forge dragons 1.7.x

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

To answer some of the questions being asked:

-Are you still working on the mod? Yes

-When will the mod be released? We don't know. There is still a lot of work to do.

-Where is the download? The mod is not finished and there is no download yet.

-Will dragons have more than one skin available? Yes

-Can I beta test when the mod is released? We will think about who will beta test but it wont be released for a while so no applications to be accepted yet.

-Will you include dragons from HTTYD 2? Yes

NPC's:
Spoiler:

Dragons:
Spoiler:

Boss Mobs:
Spoiler:

Weapons And Armour:
Spoiler:

Foods And Dragon Foods:
Spoiler:

Others:
Spoiler:

Modding Team:
Spoiler:

Notes:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Here is an early version of Berk Island. It will be updated and made better in the future. I'll also make sure to add in a viking village including Gobbers blacksmith, the great hall and the training arena.

http://lacy99.devian...10%3A1371575399

Thanks again everyone!

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

http://lacy99.devian...10%3A1371499478

Ok everyone! Here's the Night Fury so far. It will look better once it is textured because i'm pretty sure that is the way that the ender dragon's wings were done. Hope you like it. I'll try to begin texturing it over the next couple of days but i'm a bit buried in homework at the moment. Sorry!

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

http://lacy99.devian...10%3A1371500173

Ok, here's the viking fully textured. Hopefully in the future, I will make more skins for this model to make the mod seem more realistic.
So thats all I have so far really everyone. I'll continue to finish of the night fury and work on texturing it. I'm gonna need to learn some more advanced code though for this to work. I need all the support I can get on this mod so that I can make it happen. Also let me know what you think and what you want me to change or improve on to make this mod better.

Thanks again!

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I've been practicing using worldpainter to make berk island. I'm not sure whether to make the berk island from the film or make berk from the Wild Skies game. Let me know which one you would like to have more.

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hey everyone, if any of you have any ideas that you would like in the mod such as weapons armour or new dragons, tell me and i'll see what I can do. Also, i'm currently working on the texture for the night fury and at the moment, it's looking promising.

XxSilentFangxX

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

This sounds and looks awesome! Cant wait to play this when it comes out!!! I was hoping someone would make a HTTYD mod. I love the texture of the viking and the night furry model!! Posted Image Posted Image

PaleoBird

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

Looks cool... I doubt it will ever be finished... you could borrow the code from the open-source dragon mounts mod to make it go faster....

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostPaleoBird, on 19 June 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

Looks cool... I doubt it will ever be finished... you could borrow the code from the open-source dragon mounts mod to make it go faster....

Aww come on have some faith in me! ;) And yeah thats not a bad idea actually. Thanks, i'll look into it and see what I can do. I'm still learning code so that will help

Thanks again.

View PostXxSilentFangxX, on 19 June 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

This sounds and looks awesome! Cant wait to play this when it comes out!!! I was hoping someone would make a HTTYD mod. I love the texture of the viking and the night furry model!! Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks for the support! I've now finished the Night Fury model and i'm nearly done texturing it. I'll hopefully have it done by tonight.

XxSilentFangxX

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostLacy99, on 19 June 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Thanks for the support! I've now finished the Night Fury model and i'm nearly done texturing it. I'll hopefully have it done by tonight.

Your welcome! Good luck!

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

The Night Fury model is done!!!!!

I think i'd better start doing some coding now though. Posted Image
I'm probably going to make the Night Fury, Nadder, Gronkle, Zippleback, Monstrous Nightmare and the Terrible Terror first as they were the main 5 in the movie. Also, since these dragons share pretty much the same code, it may not take me long to finish the first 5 once I have done the Night Fury code.

If you have any ideas for the mod, be sure to put them in the comments!

PaleoBird

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Im glad.... how will one "train" the dragons.... Stealing the egg or feeding an adult.... baby dragons are cute... maybe egg snatching could be cool?

Coolman24sand

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

berk from da movie

FlamingNightFury

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

Dude this mod is awesome because i am really fan of how to train your dragon

Good Luck Dude

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostPaleoBird, on 20 June 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Im glad.... how will one "train" the dragons.... Stealing the egg or feeding an adult.... baby dragons are cute... maybe egg snatching could be cool?

Glad you changed your mind about the mod. Posted Image
I like the idea of stealing the eggs. I may go for taming adults aswell though. I think it would be good to also add in items such as honeycomb and crabs to make the taming system similar to the wild skies game. Thanks for the suggestion, I really do appreciate that people are liking this mod already. If it's okay with you, i'll add in your ideas now.
Thanks

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostFlamingNightFury, on 21 June 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Dude this mod is awesome because i am really fan of how to train your dragon

Good Luck Dude

Glad you like it. I noticed that nobody (as far as I could tell) was making a mod for HTTYD and I thought it would be cool. Plus I had already made some dragon models using Google Sketchup but they wern't very good so I decided to make them with again with Techne and then I felt it would be a waste of time to make them and do nothing with them... so, here we are! Posted Image Plus I really like the HTTYD movie, cartoon and movie shorts.

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Ooops. Sorry about the images not showing up. I didn't know that they would do that. They're fixed now anyway...

Also, quick update: I've been making code for the night fury over the last couple of days and I am learning to code (although very slowly) thanks to the internet and youtube. Posted Image I have done pretty much all of the code except for the movment/animation part which is the most difficult. It may be a while yet until I finnish the code because i'm having a lot of problems that i'm trying to sort out. I will try to get it fixed ASAP

Walmarine
  • Minecraft: Walmarine_X

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Man your mod is AWESOME,the texture of the nights fury is simply perfect!!i cant wait for the complete version ;) oh and i have a suggestion:make the tamed dragons just like the wolfs,an angry face when wild and a cute one when tamed.and good luck in the mod

Lacy99
    Lacy99

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostWalmarine, on 21 June 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Man your mod is AWESOME,the texture of the nights fury is simply perfect!!i cant wait for the complete version Posted Image oh and i have a suggestion:make the tamed dragons just like the wolfs,an angry face when wild and a cute one when tamed.and good luck in the mod

Wow thanks! I can't believe the reception for this mod already. Thanks for the suggestion aswell, thats a great idea. If I can get some of the codes from the wolves once I at least have the dragons in the game, i'll be sure to put that in. Also, remind me if I forget. ;) Theres a lot going in my head at the moment so I apoligise if I forget.

Thanks again for the support and the suggestion!

Walmarine
  • Minecraft: Walmarine_X

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

of course ill remember it to you, and ill think some new ideas so the mod will get better Posted Image

ps:im from brazil so i may type some words wrong