Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Skeleton Spawner in the Nether?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ultimate88t
  • Minecraft: ultimate88t

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I play on a server and the admin likes to spawn in stuff and try to keep it a secret and will deny he every cheated.

So the situation is that I found a skeleton spawner in the nether fortress under the floor.

I am just wondering if this is even possible. I searched for it and I could not find anything. I have a singleplayer world of the map we use and there is not one on that.

So my only guess is there is a small chance one will appear despite having the same seed.

If anybody is good at looking at the code and could confirm/deny that it is possible to have a naturally spawning skeleton spawner in nether that would be greatly apprectiated.

Thanks.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

IronMagus

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Nope, not possible.  Well, I mean, clearly it's possible since it's there, but it isn't natural.  Someone put it there, on purpose.  Someone with powers above and beyond those of the lowly "Player."
Village Mechanics: A not-so-brief guide - Update for 1.4! Added subsection on iron farming to the iron golems section. Only ten villagers required to spawn golems (down from sixteen)! Put to rest the "facing doors cancel each other" myth!

View PostTechdolphin, on 30 September 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

If you say plz because it is shorter than please, I will say no because it is shorter than yes.

MistGoose

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

That's one cheaty admin.
Hello there.

ultimate88t
  • Minecraft: ultimate88t

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

That is exactly what I thought, just needed confirmation. Thanks, and he still continues to deny it even though he is the only one who has the powers... *sigh* This isn't the first time....

Posted Image

ausador
    ausador

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1550 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Skeleton spawners only appear in dungeons in the Overworld, they do not appear at all in the Nether or the End.

Skeletons do appear in the Nether because they sometimes spawn in place of Wither Skeletons, this happens 20% of the time.

But, no, Skeleton spawning in the Nether does not require a spawner and blaze spawners are the only type of spawners ever found in the Nether in vanilla minecraft.