• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4 Forge SSP, SMP, LAN] TuxWeapons 1.1d - Readded mod support!

mod forge smp tux tuxcraft tuxweapons weapons awesome mod compatibility 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

TuxCraft
    TuxCraft

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 121 posts
  • Minecraft: TuxCraft42

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

TuxWeapons

TuxWeapons, created by TuxCraft, adds many new and awesome weapons, enchantments, potions, and other tools to the game Minecraft. Each weapon supports a different and unique fighting style and with a new weakness / resistance system that affords a unique experience whenever you play. Not only that, but TuxWeapons is the first and only weapons mod to come with complete support for some of your other favorite mods that add their own tool types to the game. Now for the first time you can get a unique and amazing fighting experience no matter what mods you have installed. Now, enough blabbing. Let's show you what I mean...

Posted Image

Info & Images

Spoiler:

Changelog & Downloads

Spoiler:

Permissions

Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD DeltaCore (REQUIRED)
DOWNLOAD TuxWeapons

also try my ModJam Dual Wielding mod
DOWNLOAD OOH

I am currently working on a new large project to be announced soon, in the meantime I need your opinion on the following mod (it will be included in this new project). Currently it only adds some metals and new ways to process them, tell me how intuitive you think it is. Also, Tuxweapons supports it, ofc.
DOWNLOAD Essential Alloys

Register or log in to remove.

Put_Name_Here_Pl0x

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Really cool mod, but no different from Balkons Weapons mod. Literally exactly the same... Add 3d models maybe?

TuxCraft
    TuxCraft

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostPut_Name_Here_Pl0x, on 15 June 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Really cool mod, but no different from Balkons Weapons mod. Literally exactly the same... Add 3d models maybe?

The Fire Charge Cannon and cross bow have their own custom renders.

Blfngl
    Blfngl

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 464 posts
  • Minecraft: blfngl
  • Xbox:blfngl

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hehe, this looks bau5! The crossbow and cannon are my favorite.
However, are those the textures from Balkon's weapon mod?
Posted Image

WhuzzaBuzz

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

I am going to make a mod review on this!
Posted Image

MinecraftLover1998

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Here's to the future!
Posted Image

luigilord222
  • Minecraft: Luigilord222

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

What do you mean exactly by "complete support for some of your other favorite mods?"
Jesus approves.
Posted Image

bloomii
    bloomii

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Minecraft: bloom50

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

I wish I could use this with balkon's weapon mod...but...some of the crafting recipes are the same and..yeah...same weapons. Cool mod though. I hope you find a way to overcome this so I can use this mod! I really want too...

TuxCraft
    TuxCraft

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

Hehe, this looks bau5! The crossbow and cannon are my favorite.
However, are those the textures from Balkon's weapon mod?
Thanks =D. The textures are completely custom, I made all of them.

What do you mean exactly by "complete support for some of your other favorite mods?"
As I contact mod authors and get there permission to add support all of the weapons will then be able to be crafted with ores, gems, or metals from that mod, so for example if you have the aether installed with TuxWeapons you'll get holystone weapons, zanite weapons, and all of the other ores added by the mod.

I wish I could use this with balkon's weapon mod...but...some of the crafting recipes are the same and..yeah...same weapons. Cool mod though. I hope you find a way to overcome this so I can use this mod! I really want too...
0.2 will be coming out soon with bug fixes and stuff. I'll make sure to add in an alternate crafting recipes option into the config just for you =P

Sp47p
    Sp47p

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

I play ic2 a lot, perhaps you could add bronze versions of the weapons?

bloomii
    bloomii

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'll switch out Balkon's mod for this so I can give it a test run though. Weee~ New world let'sa go!

boondockArtist
  • Minecraft: boondockArtist

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Alright, hey, I wanna throw in my little two cents.
See, this mod seems like it could be good, with the Fire Charge Canon, as well as the Shields (which, I should mention, I do not see a recipe for this in the recipes section, unless these are uncraftable) and the Harpoon.
But, one thing that I'll have to point out. It does indeed look like you took the images for the spear, hammer, and some others look like you've just ripped them from Balkan's Weapons (as others have mentioned). Maybe make different sprites for them? Also maybe change the recipes, like making a harpoon head that you'd have to attach to a stick, or a hammer head and etc. (to increase compatibility with other mods, also to make it more customizable, like say, a double sided hammerhead, where one side could be spikey, and deal more damage and you could switch the side you want to use using the "Use Item" button, or adding splash potion effects to them to make specialized weapons, like say, a poison blade, that inflicts a low poison effect on mobs that it is used on, but it only has a limited amount of uses before you have to refill it. Then again, I'm not sure how far you can go with modding minecraft, so this may not be possible.
Edit: Expanding on the weapon head things, maybe make mold like things that you can make out of some material, and you could press the material into the mold and make like, say, you wanted a Steeleaf (Twilight forest) harpoon, you'd arrange the Steeleaf into the mold shape and then you'd get a Steeleaf Harpoon Head)
Plus, maybe make some more other weapons that you've not seen others make much of, like..maybe lances, and other things.

Edit:
Lances, well, they're melee weapons that are made for swift, longer ranged attacks. You'd be able to take a few steps back from like, say a creeper that wants to come up to you and explode, and swing the lance at it from a safe, non-explodey range and slay it. Of course, the weapons' strength would depend on the material. You'd have to make a lance head, a recipe in example would be a wooden lance head here:
[_W_]
|_W_|
[WWW]
Where wood=W and _=empty
And then attach that to a stick.

I hope this mod goes well though! Also by rip i just meant the sprites looked really similar is all, not saying   you're trying to copy BalWeaps

RS_OP_DRAGON

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Wow. This is pretty nice.

I noticed you used a couple images and took some inspiration from some other mods.

The hammer is a bit too similar, with the ability it has. Maybe change that for a "Has chance of Knocking a Mob or Player unconscious (Paralysis)

I do have a suggestion, A sheath, which you can craft and place your sword (may or may not have other sheaths for different weapons. We already know bows have one) You can place it on your Chest slot or Leg Slot, and with the press of a key it switches you to that, while at the same time freeing an inventory slot. Original, because I haven't seen it from others, besides bows.

Will edit with more ideas later*
Posted Image

Bockwurst
  • Minecraft: germanPorkchop

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Wow. you can see how much effort you put in that mod just by looking at the topic! Posted Image
I don´t get all these "Balkons-Weaponmod-Copy-Comments", cause you can clearly see there are a lot of other and new ideas. I mean sure there are mods out there that are the same in some ways, I mean there are like 100 ore mods, xray mods, food mods whatever but this guy definetly not seems like he wants to rip-off the Balkons Weaponmod in any way, just because his mod deals with the same topic!
I just see an awesome made mod here, with good textures, ideas and mechanics!

I´m eager to see how this mod evolves and to see some new weapons Posted Image

Edit: Love the maces! The random aspect of it, awesome! ;)

Posted Image

Andrea_Bello

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Here is a mod overview

bloomii
    bloomii

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

So here I am again...Iron,Gold,and Diamond harpoon textures F-ed up for me? Any reason. I do have optifine.

TuxCraft
    TuxCraft

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Thank you for all of your feedback! I really appreciate it. I do plan to add more weapons for later updates such as a lance for jousting when we get horses in 1.6. I do like the sheath idea so I will try to add that in the next update, no promises though, I'm still pretty new to java. The harpoon I know is a bit buggy and that will be fixed for sure in the next update, as for the harpoon textures they are messed up because just before I released I thought about changing the harpoon to a grappling hook and in the code the textures are referenced as grappling hook, that was a silly mistake on my part and I apologize for it. Optifine has nothing to do with it =P

I will consider changing the hammer too, I personally consider it a little too OP and a rip off of balkon's, so in the future look forward to a new hammer mechanic.

Also to get your favorite mods compatible faster comment in their threads and tell them to talk to me. I have currently messaged the aether 2, thaumcraft, and twilight forest mod authors. Industrial craft 2 has not been updated for 1.5 yet so even if I did have compatibility you couldn't install ic2, sorry Sp47p I tried. Don't forget to ask if you want to see one of your favorite mods compatible.

The_Nanobots
  • Minecraft: Shadow_Darkrai

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Here's a challenge. Try to add compatibility with DivineRPG.
The_Nanobots Law: If it doesn't make sense then it probably works.
Posted Image

TuxCraft
    TuxCraft

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostThe_Nanobots, on 17 June 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Here's a challenge. Try to add compatibility with DivineRPG.

Challenge excepted. I have permission to put in compatibility, once the 1.5 update comes out I'll be all over it.

WhuzzaBuzz

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

I made a mod review here (fell free to post this to the thread) -
Posted Image