• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I add music to my resourse pack?

music resourse pack texture pack snapshot max raabe stuff n new things help custom records records custom

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ellthan
    Ellthan

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

So, how do I use the new resource pack system? I want to implement custom music but I don't know, from what I understand about the new resource pack system replaces texture packs with simple texture to a new file with similar traits to the ''jar'' than runs the game (hence the mod api), but music isn't stored there, so how do I do it?

In short, how do add records to my pack??

Register or log in to remove.

Lorcus
    Lorcus

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 88 posts
  • Minecraft: Lorcusite
  • Xbox:Lorcus

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

Maybe you should wait a while. Its brand a new feature. Give it a few days and people will find out how to do it and will then be able to tell you how to do it. People were asking how do I do this or that minutes after the snapshot was released.

Posted Image

I thought I had made a mistake once but I was mistaken.

DazJW
    DazJW

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Instructions in this post.

For sounds/music you mirror the .minecraft/assets/ folders in the same way as you mirrored the minecraft.jar for textures.

Puredarkness

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

View PostDazJW, on 15 June 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Instructions in this post.

For sounds/music you mirror the .minecraft/assets/ folders in the same way as you mirrored the minecraft.jar for textures.

so you just put the sound files in? what type of file or sound thing does it have to be?
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.
Spoiler: Random fact

DazJW
    DazJW

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostPuredarkness, on 15 June 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

so you just put the sound files in? what type of file or sound thing does it have to be?
You put them in the same folder as the thing you want to overwrite, so if you're overwriting the cat record you put it in the records folder, call it cat and make it the same file type as whatever cat is.  I think all the audio files are .ogg.

Puredarkness

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostDazJW, on 15 June 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

You put them in the same folder as the thing you want to overwrite, so if you're overwriting the cat record you put it in the records folder, call it cat and make it the same file type as whatever cat is.  I think all the audio files are .ogg.

I'm assuming you just rename the sound to .ogg, right?
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.

ThatCrazyMinecrafter

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Didn't it just come out

Ellthan
    Ellthan

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

But the records are in a different folder than the jar.

Puredarkness

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostEllthan, on 15 June 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

But the records are in a different folder than the jar.

yeah, they're in resources. probably to make resource packs possible.

I'm trying to make a resource pack that changes all records to the troll song, except for 13, which will be "never gonna give you up" by rick astley. when I release it, well, have fun with that.

DazJW
    DazJW

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostPuredarkness, on 15 June 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

I'm assuming you just rename the sound to .ogg, right?

I haven't tried that but I doubt it, you should convert to .ogg with software like Audacity.

Puredarkness

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostDazJW, on 15 June 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I haven't tried that but I doubt it, you should convert to .ogg with software like Audacity.

just tried, it works for me.

Ellthan
    Ellthan

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Can someone post here a

Do this > then this > then this> and then this

guide here please?