I have the pleasure to introduce to you Waila (What Am I Looking At). Waila is an extension for NEI. It will show in the tooltip what mod an item is from. Since the tooltip contains the mod name, you can also easly parse items per mods.
But that's not all ! Leveraging an extended NEI HUD, it is also capable of showing the name of blocks and mods ingame, right on top of your screen.
And if this is not enough, it comes with a few integrated modules to show internal information of some specific blocks. For now, BC tanks have been implemented (shows the content, capacity and amount of fluid) and IC2 machines (shows the In/out voltage).
- Ported to 1.7.2
- Key tagging is off if NEK is present.
This is a client side update. It is compatible with 1.5.1
- Fixed eye height while morphed
- Fixed some crops showing the growth twice
- Fixed Thaumcraft module not showing advanced aspects
- Added support for TT & Kami to the Thaumcraft module
This is a client side update. It is compatible with 1.5.0
- Fixed age old OGL constants bleeding. Should solve a lot of rendering issues (like the sky changing color).
- Heart display for entities is fixed.
- NBT crash on SSP fixed.
- Max number of hearts per line can be setup in the config file (default = 20).
- Threshold HP value to switch from icon to text display can be setup in the config file (default = 40).
- New General module config. Contains the "Show growth" and "Show entities hp" general configs.
- Thaumcraft : When wearing goggles of revealing, blocks that store aspects will show what aspects they hold.
- Agriculture : Display crop growth.
- Added Steve's cart module using the Entity API
- Added hidden Secret Doors
- Added hidden Carpenter's doors
- Added Harvestcraft crop support
- Added MagicalCrop crop support
- Added Statues support
- Added a "Sneak to see" config option. Data will be hidden unless you sneak.
- Fixed Project:Red overlay and FMP bugs.
- Config file is generated at start when the modules are loaded instead of when the options are changed.
- Config file is separated into 3 sections. General, modules and server_forcing
- Config can be enforced by the server to a given value by setting the corresponding key in server_forcing to true.
- All parts of the tooltip, besides the actual rendering, is now done outside the rendering tick. Should solve the latest slowdowns
- Tooltips now support some form of column based display and Left/Right justification
- Tooltips can now support displaying icons (the set is limited right now but will be extended)
- Waila API is now a @API, so other mods shouldn't be able to mess it up when wrongly implemented.
- New entity API. It works like the Block API, with its own dedicated provider and accessor. The registration is done the same way too.
- New FMP API.
- Deprecated quite a few registration methods to be 1.7 ready.
- NBT syncing is not automatic anymore. You have to register the keys you want or "*" to register the whole tag tree. The command is IWailaRegistrar.registerSyncedNBTKey()
- Fixed a few bugs in the handling of providers.
+ More stuff. I'm not out of ideas yet
All the releases
+ Make sure you get the latest version of NEI (minimum v18.104.22.168) from ChickenBones' Thread and install it as usual (in the coremods folder for 1.5.2, in the mods folder for 1.6.2 and above).
+ You will need the latest forge build if you are getting an error from ChickenCore when you are starting the game.
+ Grab Waila using the above link, and drop it in your mods folder.
Not much to say here. Tooltips should work out of the box in the NEI interface.
There are 2 keybindings you want to check. [Waila] Config menu will allow you to setup which key pop up the menu (default to numpad0) while [Waila] Show/Hide will control (default numpad1) show/hide of the tooltip (will also be used for the maintened mode).
Check around the config menu, lot of things can be turned on/off.
Run around, enjoy.
Waila (and all my mods) is distributed under the Apache 2.0 license. It has been for a while. This license means that you can do whatever you want with it (more or less). Also, FTB got a blanket license to include Waila and all my mods in their packs.
Stop asking me if you can include it, YES YOU CAN. That's what the permissive license is for.
Just do the usual link back to this thread or my blog and everything is cool.
Best way to get it touch with me is either here, on twitter (@ProfMobius) or via IRC (#mcp-modding on irc.esper.net).
If you want to support this mod and its author (namely me ), don't hesitate to chip in. I will be eternally grateful and might even put easter eggs for You !
ProfMobius on Patreon