I have the pleasure to introduce to you Waila (What Am I Looking At). Waila is an extension for NEI. It will show in the tooltip what mod an item is from. Since the tooltip contains the mod name, you can also easly parse items per mods.
But that's not all ! Leveraging an extended NEI HUD, it is also capable of showing the name of blocks and mods ingame, right on top of your screen.
And if this is not enough, it comes with a few integrated modules to show internal information of some specific blocks. For now, BC tanks have been implemented (shows the content, capacity and amount of fluid) and IC2 machines (shows the In/out voltage).
- Check if raytrace is null. This bug never happened before so it would be nice to have someone suffering from this bug post a list of mods they are using.
- Added a getSide() to the accessor, so Waila can return different strings depending on the side.
- Delayed field casting for ETB to fix some loading problems.
- IC2 has been rewrote from scratch. Shows more stuff and doesn't silently crash on load.
- Data provider lookup is now cached. Should provide a small performance increase.
- Too much to list. Check the Waila page on top of this blog
- Fixed the P:R orientation bug when using plates in the E/W orientation.
- Fixed IC2 module to work again
- Netherland translation (Many thanks to @V3lcio).
+ More stuff. I'm not out of ideas yet
+ Make sure you get the latest version of NEI (minimum v18.104.22.168) from ChickenBones' Thread and install it as usual (in the coremods folder for 1.5.2, in the mods folder for 1.6.2 and above).
+ You will need the latest forge build if you are getting an error from ChickenCore when you are starting the game.
+ Grab Waila using the above link, and drop it in your mods folder.
Not much to say here. Tooltips should work out of the box in the NEI interface.
There are 2 keybindings you want to check. [Waila] Config menu will allow you to setup which key pop up the menu (default to numpad0) while [Waila] Show/Hide will control (default numpad1) show/hide of the tooltip (will also be used for the maintened mode).
Check around the config menu, lot of things can be turned on/off.
Run around, enjoy.
Best way to get it touch with me is either here, on twitter (@ProfMobius) or via IRC (#mcp-modding on irc.esper.net).
If you want to support this mod and its author (namely me ), don't hesitate to chip in. I will be eternally grateful and might even put easter eggs for You !