- rewritten from scratch to be a FML Coremod for Minecraft 1.4.2, requires Forge
- boosted efficiency A LOT, I'm positive it cannot be done any better now :3
- Dynamic Lights is now modular! See readme!
- configuration files for Dynamic Light modules can now be found at /config/
- global toggle Button can now be configured via Controls Menu
For those of you that don't know what FML Coremod means...
DRAG AND DROP INSTALL, YE GODS
I'll just put the readme here. Marvel at it's glory.
And you know the best part about this update?
Its already available. Just re-download off the 1.4.2 Forge link :3
This modification makes 'shining' items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if
1) the player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
2) they are dropped on the ground
3) another player has them equipped in Multiplayer
On top of that, burning Entities shine light, and Creepers about to explode light up!
You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items!
Toggle button ingame:
The key is "L". You can turn all dynamic Lights on/off with it. The button can be rebound using the ingame options.
There is no limit to the number of lights you can create, note however they are fairly FPS-costly. You can disable modules to obtain better FPS!
I recommend using Optifine for replacing Notch's funky render code with slightly less funky rendering code.
The mod works in Multiplayer, yet is clientside, it cannot lag servers. Note however 'dropped' light sources will not necessarily prevent Mobs from Spawning, and neither will your handheld light.
Note: DO NOT INSTALL THE COREMOD ON SERVERS! It will crash on load.
See readme in your downloaded file.
Downloads moved to:
On Merged classes/mods and sourcecode:
FML Coremod! Will not need merges <3 <3 <3
To other modders: See sourcecode. Adding your own Dynamic Lights is easy.
My other mods: