Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts
  • Minecraft: Alblaka, obviously...

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

POPULAR

If you want to use this mod for anything else then playing it, read the Copyright at the end of this post!

Return (String) System.getMostRecentPieceOfValuableInformation();
Amusingly, there are, after a whole month, still people who didn't cought the various, explicite hints left by countless people and myself...
Seriously, just click this and read my blog post.
IC is down, IC² is upcoming ^^

View PostAlblaka, on 28 July 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

I hereby officially declare the full-stop of IC's developement!
Sorry, but an upcoming project will take all time ned for IC. You can read more details at my blog (Linked further down the OP, obviously).

Thread will be left open for support questions. Unless people start spamming/flaming, then i'll lock it, period.

Fix v8.55_02
-Test-fix for RStone Doors
-Increased Luminator Threshhold to maximum possible without recoding
-Fix for the Memory Hogging Bugs.

First Contest Entry:
Regarding Sprites
http://www.minecraft...-10-more/#items
and
http://www.minecraft...errain-sprites/
are known to me and i've already said i would implement it, stop bugging me already!

View PostGogaGG3, on 24 July 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

Сool teleport and field. My video, how to use them, and much more.

Serious awesomeness.
Deadline for win: 2th August 16:08 of my time (GMT+1).

Update v8.50
Long promised, now finally arrived: AudioMod support :D
-Nuke and ITNT now will properly explodes upon gettign redstone'd
-Fixed punching people with tools (SMP) resulted in duplication of said tools
-Fixed WaterMills eating buckets.. in SMP
-Removed the annoying "Store Called" Console print
-Fix for WindMills crashing upon rightclick in SMP
-Nuclear Reactors won't fake client-sided explosions in SMP anymore.
-Included the LagSpikeOfDeath fix for the IC-world-file. It reduces the amount of autosaves which caused severe lag to some people.
-AUDIOMOD SUPPORT! Read the installation instructions on how to enable IC sounds.

As well, feel free to suggest and link new or more appropriate sounds for different machines. You may suggest any file of any length, i'm capable of cutting and slightly mixing soundfiles via Audacity by myself.
However, please ensure the sound file is Free-To-Use according to it's copyright! PReferable, link me to the site you got the file from.

Patch v8.28
Spoiler:

Hotfix v8.10
Spoiler:

Wanna hold a small epicness contest:
Spoiler:

And here goes the big one:
UPDATE v8.00

Spoiler:
More detailed information regarding new content until the wiki pages are updated accordingly:
Spoiler:

Previous Patchnotes:
Spoiler:

Check my new Blog Word of Alblaka Industrial BlaBla for the most recent news on any stuff you want to know...
http://www.industrial-craft.net/

Please do not report already known bugs or you WILL be ignored:
Feel free to check http://icpad.titanpad.com/1 for a buglist anyone can work on.
-MFE's display their energy level wrong in SMP, as well their storage amount
-Item-O-Mats won't display price and item sold in the GUI, same goes for the other Mat's
-There are currently no (correctly) working char-messages given by items at all
-Punching people with electric tools can cause... interesting stuff
-Using different config settings server/client wise can cause bugs like unmineable new-ores or disconnecting issues
-Various "Backpacks" and other special parts, namely NanoSuit, JEtpack and Batpack do not work properly in SMP and have their crafting disabled on servers

As well, keep in mind to ALWAYS post an error log upon encountering a crash! In doubt, read this thread to learn how to properly retrieve an error log.

For any bug report goes: Please as well note your currently used IC version, don't forget to state whether the error occured in SSP or SMP, as well.

INDUSTRIAL CRAFT
Version 8.55

If you want to use this mod for anything else then playing it, read the Copyright at the end of this post!

Posted Image
Support the developement of IndustrialCraft by donating money for buying student food and other useless things :D

Posted Image
If you got any questions/suggestions/dunno's regarding CONTENT of this mod, consider clicking the banner above and reading through the one and only official IndustrialCraft wiki.

As well, you may want to check out the most awesomely guide of jpralyea:
<!-- m -->http://www.mediafire... ... 0Guide.pdf<!-- m -->

Play SMP on the big, healthy and surely well-handled
Posted Image

Sponsor'd by:
Posted Image

List of other (public) IC SMP servers:
PM (posts will be ignored) me your IP to get it put into this list
Spoiler:

What's this?
Now, Minecraft has three Elements.
Mine, mine and craft.
1. mine = it's YOUR world
2. mine = mine ressources
3. craft = craft things
Which one is the major point is left open for discussion. However, for ME the main point is MINING and CRAFTING.
Therefore, i created a mod that enhanches both:
Industrial Crafts adds various new blocks, items and devices, supposed to advance the industrial aspect of Minecraft to the next level. You get better Furnances, new fuels, electric energy and some more stuff further explained below.
All new add-ons are supposed to be balanced and should usually be balanced, as well. If you think some parts of the mod are just overpowered, post it here, discuss it and it will may be changed.
Please take note, that this is a Tier 2 Mod. Tier 2 means, quite all new blocks/items/recipes are not useable right at the start of a new world, but take quite a decent amount of ressources. You can, of course, start a new world, but if you want to test the new thingies right away, i recommend loading a advanced world (where you already possess some ressources).
However, keep in mind that a loaded world will be modified and cannot be used without the mod anymore (make some Backups). As well, you will need to explore new chunks and build new mines to find Tin/Copper Ore, as it needs new chunks to be generated.

What do I need?
First of all, this mod uses:
a ) Risugami's ModLoader (duh! which good mod doesn't use it?!)
b ) SDK's ModLoader MP
Due to the incosistency of SDK-updates, this mod is now primaryly running on Flan's ModLoaderMP. I do not guarantue for it to work with SDK's one.
So, if you want to install this mod, ensure you have all requirement mods installed with the most recent version as well.
EXSPECIALLY ensure they have the correct version. You know, 90% of "OMG YOUR MOD IS NOT WORKING"-errors are caused by people mixing up wrong version'd files.
IMPORTANT: You need to install ModLoader first, THEN you install ModLoaderMP on top of it.
c ) ModSaver, but since i'm it's creator you can always exspect the most current version to be in the IndustrialCraft download, by default.
d ) You can, optionally Install Risugami's AudioMod to enable Custum ModSounds for your Minecraft.

How to install this mod?
Now, since you already got the both 2 mods above installed, i don't need to give any installation instructions here, do i?
Just extract the archive you downloaded, drop the content of the "minecraft" folder into your minecraft.jar with WinRar or something similar and don't forget to delete this frikkin annoying META-INF folder.
If you want custum sounds (and installed AudioMod), drag the ressources folder of the download into your .minecraft folder. You can accept all "override" requests, it will merely add new files into the correct subfolder.
If you dislike some of the sounds, feel free to delete/replace files, it can't cause any severe errors, as long as you stick with the ogg-format.
The download as well includes two txt-files:
IndustrialRecipes.txt has no direct influence on the program, but contains a list of all crafting recipes.
IndustrialCraftConfig.txt is the config file  used by my mod. If you place it in the .minecraft folder (NOT into the minecraft.jar), it will be read and change some standard settings. The file is not required to run IndustrialCraft, it will run fine without them.
You can override the standard IDs with those specified in the file. Take note that Modifying the ID values causes your own "version" of the mod to become unique modified, meaning savefiles created with a special ID configuration can only be loaded with that special ID configuration. Means, if you start with ID configuration A, create a new world, play some hours, then switch to ID configuration B, your world will cause Minecraft to crash, most likely.

The "Experimental Nanosuit" is an additional feature you CAN enable. However, consider following:
-To use the full features of the Nanosuit, you will need to copy the fd.class from the Experimental folder into your minecraft.jar. This however, is a base modification and could cause incompatibility with a couple of mods.
-The nanosuit isn't only experimental, but the code is as well. Exspect bugs and funny stuff (try super-bunnyhopping, it rocks)
-The nanosuit is probably imba.
Further instructions of how to enable the nanosuit can be found in the Config. If you only copy the new file into your jar WITHOUT enabling the nanosuit in the config, exspect crashes.

As well, there's a folder "Industrially Improved Pickaxe".
If you inject the file of the folder into your minecraft.jar, and enable the new setting in the config file, normal pickaxes will be capable to harvest new ores on normal speed.
If you use the file without setting the config, nothing will change, however, using the new file can cause incompatibility with ToolUtil and other mods.
Activating the option in the config file WITHOUT adding the new file will cause Minecraft to crash, as usual.

The folder "server" can be ignored, unless you want to install IndustrialCraft on your own server.
To do this, first install the SDK MP ModLoader Server (or patch your minecraft_server.jar to become one). You need the server-sided ModLoader MP, don't try the one you downloaded for your client!
Then just drop all content of the "sever" folder into your minecraft_server.jar.

If you have installing/crash errors, plese read this part, before posting! It contains all casual erros and the ways to fix it.
Problem: You are missing the following mods: mod_IndustrialCraft x.xx
Solution: Either you or the server are using an outdated / incorrectly installed version of IndustrialCraft. Fix the install to continue.

Problem: If i put stuff in the crafting window, it displays the item, but i can't take it from the slot.
Solution: The server you're playing one is not (properly) modified. Ask the server admin to check the installation instructions.

Problem: ClassNotFoundException
Solution: You've forgot one or more files, probably a prequesite mod.

Problem: After modifying the minecraft.jar, nothing changes. I can't use new recipes and don't find any new ore.
Solution: You probably forgot to install ModLoader as well. No ModLoader, no mod being loaded.

Problem: I've loaded a savefile, but can't find any of the new ores. I can craft stuff of the mod (like the Iron Furnace), though.
Solution: You can't find the new ores on chunks that were generated before installing the mod. Either start a new world or explore new parts of your world, these will contain new ore.

Problem: Minecraft crashes if i rightclick on an already placed machine.
Solution: You're using an incompatible version of ModLoader. Check the descriptions above to see which version is ned for this mod.

Problem: Upon loading, Minecraft stops and gives me an error: "Slot xxx is already used".
Solution: One of the other mods you've installed does have an item/block with the same ID as my mod. Use the config file of IndustrialCraft, to replace the double-used ID with any other ID that's free.
Block IDs are 0-255, Item IDs are 256-32000.

Problem: The sprites aren't correctly displayed. They look messy / white / pink-square.
or Problem: Upon loading, Minecraft stops and gives me an error: "couldn't load image on index 0" (or similar)
Solution: Some kind of HD-mod/patch is intereferring with correct sprite display. IndustrialCraft is not and won't be compatible with anything besides 16x16 solution.

Problem: Upon loading, Minecraft stops and gives me an error: "No further terrain/sprite indices left"
Solution: You over-modded your minecraft.jar, the game can't handle that many new item sprites / bock textures. Consider removing some mods / setting up a fresh vanilla minecraft.jar .

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

Secondary Download for 1.6.6 compatible version IC v7.20

FAQ:
If you dare to ask anything already answered here, you WILL be ignored.
Q: Bukkit?
A: No, stop bugging me already!

Q: Somebody made X but it doesn't work!
A: I'm NOT responsible for ANY stuff OTHER people create, not even if it's in direct relation to this mod. This includes config-setup programs, texturepacks, modified versions, tutorials, videos and quite everything else.
If you use stuff of other people, ask THEM if somethign isn't correctly working.

Q: Where do i place the config file?
A: This seems to be quite complicated. In relation to your OS and probably in relation to Java settings, the config needs to be either placed:
- in the .minecraft - folder
- in the .minecraft/bin - folder
- in your minecraft.jar
I can't predict which location is ned for your MC, just try them out.

Q: My game crashes upon equipping armor.
A: You installed the nanosuit file without enabling in the config.

Q: Can i install this mod with a (TFCs) Mod Manager?
A: Nope.

Q: Jetpack isn't working, HELP!
A: First ensure you rightclick with a Jetpack equipped to activate it.
As well, take note, that OPTIMINE will disable the code necessary for Jetpacks.

Q: I've installed the nanosuit file, but minecraft crashes.
A: You forgot to enable the nanosuit in the config file.

Q: Is this mod compatible with X?
A: Can't tell you. This mod should be compatible with everything that's ModLoader-compatible.
If you get ID match's just use the ID Config added in v1.30 .
Exception: If you are using the Nanosuit expansion, this mod can cause incompatibilitys with other mods modifying the fd.class !

Q: I has blackscreen, you mod sucks, fix UP!
A: Either you forgot to delete the META-INF, though i already stated you have to delete it numerous times. Like everyone else around the forum.
OR you used incompatible versions. Keep in mind, not everything is compatible with everything else! This exspecially applies to ModLoader, which is required for this mod.

Q: Mod X is incompatible with your mod, fix it!
A: As my mod is a clean mod running via ModLoader, any incompatibility is quite unlikely. And if it occurs, it's most likely due to Mod X.
NOTE: ID duplications may occur with some mods. For now you can only hope the other mod to have an ID config file, i will add one to this mod soon, though. ID Duplications can be fixed with the IndustrialCraft ID config txt file

Q: Which IDs does your mod use?
A: Check the IndustrialCraftIDs.txt in the download ^^

Q: Can we have cars?
A: NO

Q:Why does it take so long to mine copper/tin or I Can't mine copper/tin
A:Enable the industrialpixaxe class/config file or you have another mod that adds tools that is not compatible 

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, CREDITS
First of all, many thanks to the entire MCP team. Without their compiler, i couldn't have even started the mod.
As well, many thanks to Risugami, as his ModLoader is the most essential tool for anyone wanting to create clean modifications.
As well, i would like to thank personally...
Feanturi - for being this mod's prime spriter
Bamboori - for spriting whenever this mod's prime spriter (won't call names here) is going lazy
ZeuX - for helping me when i was to stupid to understand the MCP-Readme
Risugami, Shockah, 303, SoundManiac - for helping me to grasp the incredible functions the ModLoader awards to the knowing user
TehKrush - Helped me implementing my first new Block and his PlasticCraft mod was used as a reference by me, quite often (Take note: I did not copy any of his code, though (besides the one he sent me XD))
OrangeAngel - for his small, but awesomely effective tutorial on how to implement new ores into chunk generation
Flan - for the idea to add the treetap as an easy-obtainable, but very-uneffective way of gaining rubber
Seronis - Pointed me towards the lines of code i ned to complete my Solar Panel
303 - Prevented me from modifying a baseclass and showed me a different solution, when i wanted to implement the Mine Drill
CrazyErik - Made some neat screenshots of some crafting recipes while i was too lazy busy to make them, as well as providing the sprite for the Reinforced Stone Door
Jamy - Sprite for the Jetpack
Axor`dm - for prowiding some of the crafting pics
SmallDeadGuy, BlackMoon - for providing/developing the (idea of a) code to reduce Luminator-lags.
Sorha2 - A couple of neat tricks to fix some SMP GUI-issues
FindSounds.com & www.pacdv.com - Providing a few free sound samples i've used
Thanks ya all guys, you helped quite alot!

Mod Saver
You may download the tool "Mod Saver" seperately from IndustrialCraft to include it in your own mod.
Copyright restrictions, documentation and instructions are located in a readme in the download.
http://www.mediafire...76em6nghiz25hmf

Any other mod creator is free to use this copyright text, as well
COPYRIGHT:
IMS-License (It's my stuff!)
Everything seen on this website/thread and directly related to the content of this post is copyright'd by the respective author of this mod (me, Alblaka). Any sort of files associated with this content (= the Download) may only be used for it's actual purpouse (installing and playing IndustrialCraft). You may modify any or all of the content, but are NOT allowed to public any of it.
As well, noone besides the author and persons elected by the author are allowed to provide any download links. Everyone else is NOT allowed to public any sort of download, though he/she may hand out links to this website/thread instead.
Exspecially it is EXPLICITELY NOT allowed for anyone besides the author to earn any money by using this content's existence. This includes adfly, site advertisment and donations.
Any of the limitations above can be nullified by an explicite permission of the author.

Addition to the copyright:
You are free to use this mod for creating tutorial/let's play videos and publish them on YouTube.

Currently, Feanturi/IndustrialCraft wiki is the only exception for providing a direct download link for IC.
All other limitations still apply.
Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
You want to have your own special mod? Commission me!

Register or log in to remove.

shinichi31
  • Minecraft: shinichi31

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:05 PM

it'll be nice if you add some pictures fast :P this sounds cool and neat though :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

shinichi31 said:

it'll be nice if you add some pictures fast :P this sounds cool and neat though :D

Uhm, just for the protocol:
I've worked the past 2 hours to add ~20 Screenshots in there.
Can't you see them? (Check whether you're auto-blocking tinypic.com, it's the imagehost i'm using)

Lockstock

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

Looks pretty awesome! I can see the pics, but ingame Screenies would be nice!

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Lockstock said:

Looks pretty awesome! I can see the pics, but ingame Screenies would be nice!
These ARE ingame screens (i deleted everything around the crafting window, though, as otherwise the pics would be to big).
Guess it was a stupid idea to only post the craft instructions, as there are way to much fakes craft-screens either way...

Gimme 10 min, i will add some in-game screens ^^

edit: Done

Lockstock

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

- Insert stupid commentary here -

Tiramo
    Tiramo

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 969 posts
  • Minecraft: Tiramo

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

WOW!!!
THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! :iapprove:
Maybe you could make electrical wires that work just like redstone but then you can place them on walls!
A lot of  :cobblestone: 's to you!!!
downloading...

EDIT: OR EVEN SOMETHING BETTER!!!:
A CELLPHONE!
A little menu on which you can see your stats, how many rescources you've collected, how many mobs you have killed, how many food you have eaten etc. AND how long you've been playing in your world AND it'll display time!
It can also be connection between players in multiplayer!
And that the talking bar will be removed for the cellphon and you can only use the talking bar if players are close to eichother.

Please tell me if you're gonna add this!!! :cobblestone:
Censorship is telling a man he can't eat steak, just because a baby can't chew it.

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

Tiramo said:

Maybe you could make electrical wires that work just like redstone but then you can place them on walls!

Now...
I think that would surely be something useful, though it could may somewhat hard to implement.
Added it to the todo-list, but i can't guarantuee whether i'm capable of coding it, or not.

gdscei
    gdscei

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2013 posts
  • Minecraft: gdscei

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

That is a LOT of new items.
Pl@netCraft new survival server looking for builders! http://www.minecraft...-economy-towns/
Posted Image

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

gdscei said:

That is a LOT of new items.
I've just counted them in my sourcecode, it are 72 added ID entrys.
Though, as a player you will may only notice ~40 of them (f.e. each Furnace has 2 IDs (on/off)).

Tiramo said:

A CELLPHONE!
A little menu on which you can see your stats, how many rescources you've collected, how many mobs you have killed, how many food you have eaten etc. AND how long you've been playing in your world AND it'll display time!
It can also be connection between players in multiplayer!
And that the talking bar will be removed for the cellphon and you can only use the talking bar if players are close to eichother.

Sry, this is quite impossible.
The idea isn't bad, but i would need to majorly rewrite entire chunks of code... and i mean REALLY many chunks, as in 30% of the entire source code of Minecraft (and you know, Minecraft has a helllot of source code...)
Exspecially the multiplayer part is impossible (for me), as i've not yet read anything about modifying SMP, yet.

Sry, mate ^^'

Reavurr
    Reavurr

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:03 PM

HAYO! haha. Awesome mod and GENIUS presentation, made me laugh. For you:  :D  :(  :(  :(  :)

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Reavurr said:

HAYO! haha. Awesome mod and GENIUS presentation, made me laugh. For you:  :D  :D  :D  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

Thanks a lot :D
Took me quite a few hours to write that thread... though, i've usually written it while being tired and incapable of modding XD

NinjaPope
  • Minecraft: NinjaPope

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

This is a very silly mod.
I am a Wizard, I haven't got to explain anything to some mundane asking 'Why' or 'How'. Have fun being a fish with legs.
My Pathfinder Campaign for the denizens of MCF: http://www.minecraft...r-campaign-ooc/

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:25 PM

NinjaPope said:

This is a very silly mod.

You mind reasoning why it is?
Sure, it's not some ueber-awesome notch-will-buy-it mod of godlikelyness + 9001.
But i wouldn't call it plainly "silly", would i?
Actually i would even dare to say it's superior to some of the spammy MakeMyBlock-mods out there...

(Though it can't reach the level of stuff like Mo's creature mod or SDK-guns yet... but hey, it's a firstie ^^)

DantetheDemon

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

I have to say, im definitely liking the way this mod looks, however I do not understand how to craft some of the items. If you made a little recipe to each item, I'd enjoy it a bit more. But still, looks great and thanks for spending your time making it ^^

ModPacker

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

When I saw the title first thing i thought Ahh ! Industrial ages :DBlock: I knew this mod will be good.
Posted Image
911:Hello?
????:SssSss
911:Your reporting a SsssSss crime ?
????:SssSss
911:On SssSss?
????:(BOOM)
911:On the address BOOM ?
I know your going to sig this sig

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

DantetheDemon said:

I have to say, im definitely liking the way this mod looks, however I do not understand how to craft some of the items. If you made a little recipe to each item, I'd enjoy it a bit more. But still, looks great and thanks for spending your time making it ^^

ALL (public) recipes you can use are given in my post (even with screens).
As well (thx for reminding me, forgot to add that), most of the recipes are included as "Recipes.txt" in the downloaded archive, as well.

LeonBlade
    LeonBlade

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 127 posts
  • Minecraft: LeonBlade

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:41 PM

HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO
What the hell does HAYO mean... holy shit was that annoying to read... in fact I didn't even read it all.
I do like how you tried to make the items seem like they had more of a "story" to them how ever.
Not sure if I'll download the mod, but I support your efforts.
There's no place like ~/

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

LeonBlade said:

HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO HAYO
What the hell does HAYO mean... holy shit was that annoying to read... in fact I didn't even read it all.
I do like how you tried to make the items seem like they had more of a "story" to them how ever.
Not sure if I'll download the mod, but I support your efforts.

XD
Now, i just felt like imitating Mickey Cantor (kudos to you if you know him).
I always add detailed descriptions to all my mods (PM me if you're interedted in CivIII, Red Alert 2 or LF2 modifications) and for this one i thought some "funny" text would be better then plain instructions...

willsage

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

Thats Pretty Cool!