• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[QUESTION] What is seeds for the world generator?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Autobulb
    Autobulb

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

So, with the new beta out, I generated a new world (mostly because my old ones needed converting) and I noticed two things. The first one: you can rename your worlds (that isn't on topic, i just noticed since I haven't looked through the patch notes). The second one: "Seed for the world generator".

Thats what I am asking about, what is that? I tried writing "River" but it didn't seem to work (I got a big-ass lake instead). Now I am asking the lovely Forum about it.

Here's what I want to know:
What is it? What does it do?
How do I use it the proper way?

That's about it. Thankful for answers!

:(
If a laugh, I loose.
Challenge accepted.

Register or log in to remove.

Holylifestar

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Autobulb said:

So, with the new beta out, I generated a new world (mostly because my old ones needed converting) and I noticed two things. The first one: you can rename your worlds (that isn't on topic, i just noticed since I haven't looked through the patch notes). The second one: "Seed for the world generator".

Thats what I am asking about, what is that? I tried writing "River" but it didn't seem to work (I got a big-ass lake instead). Now I am asking the lovely Forum about it.

Here's what I want to know:
What is it? What does it do?
How do I use it the proper way?

That's about it. Thankful for answers!

:)
Its a system where you type in a number or word, the work if you used a word would convert into the number format.Once you type in a seed say Glacier (The best one ever :D) you get sent to that world which is the same if someone ELSE types in Glacier into theres so yall would be playing ssp but you all would have the same map.
Type a number or word into it anything.(A is diff from a and so forth)And If you type in a number or word try not to go over 32.
Also go to Beta Survival Mode theres a whole forum for this.
(Also if you enter 3+ 1s it makes it snowy usaully as the biome

Steves
    Steves

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1720 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

There are lots of threads here about seeds, some fully explaining what they are and how they work.

Would it have hurt you to at least search before posting?