Latest News Article

Strawberry Jam - CTM Building Jam.

ctm jam building map maps

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
606 replies to this topic

shaymin_rocks

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

The Strawberry Jam
Welcome to the Strawberry Jam, a 48 hour building jam with the goal of making a CTM mini-map in a weekend. So let's get started!

Posted Image News Posted Image
None.

Posted Image The Goal Posted Image

Build a CTM minimap of at minimum 3 objectives (more are encouraged) in a single weekend. Put in as much detail and game-play as you can before the time runs out!

Posted ImageThe Rules Posted Image

1) There will be a general theme that your map should incorporate in some way. Some examples are: The Great Unknown, The Future, Opposites Collide.

2) You would have 48 hours to complete the map (one weekend). It should be noted that you are not expected to spend the full 48 hours on the map, as I know many of you will find it hard to get the time, just that the map must be started and finished within that time period.

3) There will be a 24 hour prep period before building begins. No building should be done during this day (typically a friday). Then you must build everything in the 48 hours provided.

4) Third party tools are allowed (SPC, WE, MCedit, Kamyu's Tools, etc.)

5) Basic pre-built schematics: fleecy boxes, the wool monument, trademark weapons, and basic spawners, for example, are all legal. Beyond that everything should be made during the jam. Essentially what is legal is what is in most mappers "Tool Kit" (for lack of a better word) what they start most mapping with. Nothing unique, or specially prepared for the Jam is allowed.

6) People are encouraged to film their progress (and livestream it!).

7) The map should be 3 objectives long. It is up to the map-maker to make it longer ( and it is encouraged to go longer Posted Image)

8) People should declare there intent to take part at the beginning of the jam with a post on this topic. Posting status updates is also encouraged Posted Image

9) You should also declare that they have finished with a post on this topic (and the download link).

10) People should play each-others maps and critique! At least do a fly through!

11) People who wish to team up may do so but they should do a map with more objectives than the number of people multiplied by 3 (2 people = 6 objective minimum, 3 people = 9 objective minimum, 4 people = 12 objective minimum, etc.)

12) Last, remember that this is Jam, not a competition, while you should follow the rules this is meant to be lighthearted and fun not boring and a chore. If a rule needs to be bent slightly that's okay, just note it in your final post and try your best to keep with the rules.

Posted ImageThe Next Jam Posted Image

To be determined...

Posted ImageBanners Posted Image

By Torien:
Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1841678-strawberry-jam-ctm-building-jam][img]http://i.imgur.com/HcKDPbs.png[/img][/url]

By TheSarcasmLord:
Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1841678-strawberry-jam-ctm-building-jam][img]http://i.imgur.com/tq8Uubs.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image Credits Posted Image
Shaymin_Rocks: Organizer
Infamy: I stole his idea :3 (better, infamy? Posted Image)
TheSarcasmLord/Torien: For making banners!
TheFacetiousFolk/Aimoskeeto: For compiling the map lists.

Posted ImageThe Maps Posted Image
Jam #02:
Ragirk - Chronos
Snakeinatree - The Clock
Rubisk - Counting
JolleeOnMC - unnamed?
yokcos700 - unnamed?
ctRy - The Time Machine
ForcePlaysMC - Tick Tock
Karrott - Terabitia
The Sketch - A Matter of Time
Shaymin_Rocks - O2xygen
Xekaj - Cinereal
Aimoskeeto - Between the Sun and Moon
Torien - Midnight

Jam #01:

This guy is pretty cool:
Posted Image
Hey! I like, run this... or something:
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

TheBMajor
  • Minecraft: Myiabrown

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Posting here so I remember to come back here later :)
Posted Image

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts
  • Minecraft: Aimoskeeto

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Can't wait! :)

theawesomeonehhh

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

if I can make it, Count me in !
Posted Image

Zjarr
    Zjarr

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • Minecraft: CraftingFire

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nice. I'm definitely up for doing this some weekend! :) How far in advance would the theme be announced? 3 days? 1 day?
Posted Image

hoodvire

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Heck yeah! Can't wait! Post an announcement on the CTM community thread so I will know if I forget this thread :)
Posted Image

orchard28
    orchard28

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1111 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

i have many ideas in mind
Posted Image
Posted Image

VittoProductions
  • Minecraft: VittoProductions

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Looks promising, I hope this will be succesful.
Posted Image

TheBMajor
  • Minecraft: Myiabrown

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Will we be democratically voting for the themes, or will you just think of a random theme for us to build the map with?
Also, can we sugest themes as well?
Otherwise, I'll definitely enjoy this event when it comes around :) Hope it'll become a regular event too ;)
Posted Image

shaymin_rocks

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Question: Which dates are good for you guys? If everyone is okay with it this should happen on June 15-16 or June 29-30 these are the most ideal dates for me. Other dates in the summer could be okay but then I'm worried about conflicting with everyone's summer schedule and with my own personal schedule. As I want to have the most number of people participating I think June (before people leave for vacations) or late August (after people come back but before school) are probably the best Posted Image

View PostZjarr, on 09 June 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Nice. I'm definitely up for doing this some weekend! Posted Image How far in advance would the theme be announced? 3 days? 1 day?

The theme will likely be announced when the jam begins as the idea is for you to make the map from scratch in the 2 days... but as always if enough people disagree I'm open to changing it Posted Image

View PostTheBMajor, on 09 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Will we be democratically voting for the themes, or will you just think of a random theme for us to build the map with?
Also, can we sugest themes as well?
Otherwise, I'll definitely enjoy this event when it comes around Posted Image Hope it'll become a regular event too Posted Image

I will probably post a poll of a few themes that we can vote on but until then suggest some!
This guy is pretty cool:
Posted Image
Posted Image

JolleeOnMC
  • Minecraft: jollee999

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Really like this idea! Sadly cant make it to any of the days you suggested. If there's more of this in the future I'll try to make it :)

My CTM SeriesPosted Image

Check out this awesome CTM by Heliceo

Posted Image

Infamy
    Infamy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1346 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I had the idea FUST! Seriously, though, good job actually trying to organize this. I'm available on 29-30 June.

THEME: Burnyfirehelllavaboomplace
Posted Image

WittyWhiscash
  • Minecraft: WittyWhiscash

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

View Postshaymin_rocks, on 09 June 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Question: Which dates are good for you guys? If everyone is okay with it this should happen on June 15-16 or June 29-30 these are the most ideal dates for me. Other dates in the summer could be okay but then I'm worried about conflicting with everyone's summer schedule and with my own personal schedule. As I want to have the most number of people participating I think June (before people leave for vacations) or late August (after people come back but before school) are probably the best :)
I believe that the 29-30th would work best, because lots of people will be right out of school, and that time would be most optimal. If it was next weekend, some people might still be in school, and might want to spend that time studying.
Posted Image

hoodvire

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I should be open on 29/30 also a theme should be:   Dream World

It would be a completely ethereal dream world :D
Posted Image

Apollo9898
  • Minecraft: Apollo9898

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

So long as its not the coming weekend i should be able to participate :D
Posted Image

inferachnid
    inferachnid

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1002 posts
  • Minecraft: MINITANK

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

I won't be available very much in the summer, sadly. We're demoing half of my house, can't stay here while that's going on. I'd love to participate in August though.
There ain't much left of the world these days. The gods have forsaken us, there's no denying that. But still you press on. For what? A chance to sift through the ashes one last time? The hope to one day be called a hero? Whatever your reason, you've got a lot of work to do. The corruption won't leave without a fight, so you better get started.

heliumjumper
  • Minecraft: champamp

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

I would be able to participate in this event at any time in the summer but 29-30th would be a bit more convenient, also I think a space theme would be awesome.
Posted Image

TheFacetiousFolk

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'll take part and, like the others, the 29-20 would be better for me!
Posted Image

shaymin_rocks

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Ok, sounds like the 29-30 of June is going to be the date (unless a ton of people appear out of thin air and say something different (which I doubt)) meanwhile post themes for the (highly probable) upcoming jam on the 29th Posted Image

View PostJolleeOnMC, on 09 June 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Really like this idea! Sadly cant make it to any of the days you suggested. If there's more of this in the future I'll try to make it Posted Image

View Postinferachnid, on 09 June 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I won't be available very much in the summer, sadly. We're demoing half of my house, can't stay here while that's going on. I'd love to participate in August though.

Sorry to hear it, both of you, if this one doesn't fail spectacularly there will (hopefully) be more coming down the road. (August maybe...)
This guy is pretty cool:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Fangride
    Fangride

Meowderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3968 posts
  • Minecraft: Maridiem

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

I should be good for the 29th-30th!

Can't wait to see what the theme is so I can start brainstorming stuff Posted Image

EDIT: How would you feel about a three-DISC map instead of wool? This would mean we could use all colors of wool in our builds :)
Posted Image