Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon
This mod is a little add-on mod for mDiyo's awesome modular tool mod, Tinker's Construct. It has two purposes: to let you get back some of your used materials, and to let you melt down metal bits from other mods. This mod doesn't take up any item or block IDs, or add any new tool parts.
- Melt down uncombined tool parts (pickaxe heads, crossbars, rods, etc.) made of metal, stone, netherrack, or obsidian in the smeltery
- Craft any single uncombined tool part in a crafting table to get a shard of its material (you will lose some material for things that take a full ingot/piece to make)
- Craft a single seared brick block to get back the 4 seared brick items used to make it
- Use GregTech aluminium interchangeably with TConstruct aluminum (configurable)
Melt down metal dusts from IC2, ThermalExpansion, RailCraft, GregTech, Metallurgy, etc.This feature is included in TConstruct itself
- Melt down small metal dusts (1/4th normal dust) from GregTech
- Melt down metal plates from GregTech or Universal Electricity
- Melt down tin, copper, iron, gold, and pig iron (steel) Nether Ores
- Melt down IC2 Refined Iron into Liquid Iron (configurable)
- Melt down regular brass to Liquid Aluminum Brass (configurable, disabled by default)
- Melting down non-ingot steel (dusts, nether ore, and plates) can be disabled
- Macerate (IC2) or pulverize (TE) tool parts, if corresponding dusts are found
Non-feature list [things you can't do]:
- Uncraft or melt completed tools
- Smelt down tool bits in a furnace
- Uncraft smeltery controllers, drains, casting tables, etc.
- Uncraft chiseled bricks, or vanilla bricks
- Melt down Refined Iron into Steel
- Make Steel without the help of other mods or melting down chainmail armor
- Melting down items shows a full block in the smeltery instead of just a little slab. I don't know how to fix this yet, but it's much better than the random stuff you'd get if I didn't make it do that.
- You can't melt down refined iron ingots yet even if refined iron to iron is enabled. Fixed as of 1.2.0.
- You can't melt down brass ingots yet even if brass to aluminum brass is enabled. Fixed as of 1.2.0.
- Nether Ores all smelt into iron. Fixed as of 1.2.1.
Download and Installation
First, you need to install Tinker's Construct version 1.3.4 or higher, and make sure it's working properly. If you haven't done this already, why are you here?
Second, download the addon and place the zip file in the /mods folder, the same as you did with the TConstruct jar file.
Current Download: Version 1.2.1
Version 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1:
- Fixed melting non-Iron Nether Ores into Iron
- Moved configuration file to the subfolder (/config/KBI/TConstruct) it was meant to be in
- Fixed version number still saying 1.1.0
Version 1.1.0 -> 1.2.0:
- Added smelting of refined iron and brass ingots, if configured
- Removed regular dust smelting; I didn't realize there was already support for that
- Added IC2 macerator recipes for tool parts; will only work if there's an existing dust for that material, so it works best with GregTech
- Added TE pulverizer recipes; exactly the same as macerator recipes
Version 1.0.0 -> 1.1.0:
- Changed tool part melting time to match the size of the tool part being melted
- Added ability to melt any dustCopper, dustTin, dustCobalt, etc. Each dust equals one ingot
- Added ability to melt GregTech's dustSmallCopper, dustSmallTin, dustSmallCobalt (if he adds it), etc. Each dust equals 1/4th ingot
- Added ability to melt PowerCrystal's nether ores that match existing metals; each ore equals 4 ingots
- Added ability to melt GregTech and Universal Electricity's metal plates; each plate equals one ingot
- Added ability to use GregTech and TConstruct aluminum interchangeably; this is configurable
- Added configuration option for melting steel dust and plates, in case of GregTech balance breaking
- Added ability to melt down brass into aluminum brass (configurable, disabled by default)
Feel free to do whatever you want to with this. Crack it open and view the source code, use it to learn reflection, or how to use the TConstruct API, and make your own mod off of it, directly or indirectly. Include it in modpacks. The only caveat is that you can't state or imply that anyone but me made this addon, and you can't just lump it in with TConstruct itself (so that if I screw up, mDiyo doesn't take the blame). If you redistribute it, please clarify somewhere that you include both TConstruct and the Recovery Addon (like listing both in a mod list). Failure to do so may result in hostile mobs waving rapiers and battlesigns at you for your oversight. Credit to me is not required but highly appreciated.