• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] (v1.3.1) OptiLeaves (Faster Leaves rendering, looks better than Fast graphics leaves!)

fps booster fps framerate forge optifine faster fast 1.6.4 1.6.2

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

RyanDolan123
  • Minecraft: RyanDolan123
  • Xbox:RyanDolan123
  • PSN:xRyanDolan123x

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

OptiLeaves is a small, but useful performance increasing mod. It changes leaves so they are rendered in a faster, much more efficient way. Depending on your system's CPU and GPU, it might be able to significantly boost your framerate, without needing to deal with the ugly fast graphic leaves!

Here is a comparison between Vanilla Fancy leaves and OptiLeaves:

OptiLeaves Disabled: (A sluggy 8 FPS when in Fancy graphics, Normal Render distance, all chunks loaded)

Posted Image

OptiLeaves Enabled: (Same settings, all chunks loaded, plus OptiLeaves, 21 FPS. Not bad considering how poor the last one was doing!)

Posted Image

Usually, I also use Optifine and run it on Short graphics without any fog, usually I can get a nice 40-60 FPS when I use the mod! If you've ever looked inside a tree on Fancy graphics you'll notice that there is a lot of unnecessary leave block faces rendering inside it. This is incredibly wasteful, and slows down
your game. OptiLeaves removes this. Here is a tree close up with OptiLeaves on:

Posted Image

If you take a look, you'll see how it appears more empty inside. Usually you won't notice it unless you look right inside of it while playing, but it really helps Minecraft perform better.This should be compatible with any mod that doesn't modify the BlockLeaves class (aoz.class in Minecraft 1.6.4). This is 100% compatible with OptiFine as well, and having these both is an awesome combo of mods Posted Image

Note: Various other websites are trying to steal credit of OptiLeaves. Most of these websites have fake, malicious, or simply outdated downloads. Please don't download OptiLeaves from any other source but here. They may not be trustable. Posted Image

Download OptiLeaves v1.3.1 for Minecraft 1.6.4

If you're using Minecraft Forge, get This Version

You should install OptiLeaves using the instructions provided below.

Installation Instructions:
Spoiler:

Older Versions:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

ModPack Author Information:
Spoiler:

Bugs:
Spoiler:

Compatibility:
Spoiler:

Terms of Use
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

iDInBoredCrafter

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

not too bad helped me .
Could you edit some lava files to completely disable lava sounds ? i have horrific lag because of them and i dont feel like decompiling

RicochetOrange

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Is this compatible with Optifine and the Shader mod?

Vincent921
  • Minecraft: Vincent921

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostRicochetOrange, on 06 June 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Is this compatible with Optifine and the Shader mod?

Dunno about the shader, but the topic currently says it functions with optifine, and in a little while I'm going to test that.

Kodehawa
    Kodehawa

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2018 posts
  • Minecraft: kodehawa

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Not compatible with forge:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayer.cb()Lnet/minecraft/item/ItemStack;
at net.minecraft.block.BlockLeaves.func_71893_a(BlockLeaves.java:309)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73084_b(ItemInWorldManager.java:334)
at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73082_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:238)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72510_a(NetServerHandler.java:500)
at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet14BlockDig.func_73279_a(SourceFile:46)
at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:675)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:571)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:171)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)
--- END ERROR REPORT e9ae5783 ----------

Playing osu right now~, Check new CE updated by Godshawk

Posted Image

RyanDolan123

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

[ Removed ]

Micmak4
    Micmak4

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostRyanDolan123, on 08 June 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

I hate forge. Like, I really hate it. I really want just about all mod developers to stay away from it.

Not because it's incompatible with 70% of mods but it's just annoying and gets in the way all the time.

LOL 70%?

**Runs search quarry for Forge out of mods section**

70% my _________, if you don't know what forge is, don't give your opinion on it, reason why its "in the way" all the time is BECAUSE ITS GOOD, AND MAKES MODDING EASIER.

MODLOADER IS incompatible with almost every other mod, and so is this mod along with it...

and just for you, ill fill you in on what forge is.

Forge is a "compatibility patch" for majority of mods out there, it allows mods to add there mod and mix & match with other mods with minimal conflicts or issues, its only up to the user to fix block id's, item id's, biome & dim id's etc to make said compatibilities... this can be resolved if there was a universal id section for forge, but hey, whatcha gonna do about it...

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Minecraft: Kinda obvious...

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

I love this mod! It increases my FPS a little bit!

From 20 to 40.

Thanks for the epic mod! :D
Posted Image
[==========================================]
[I am the leader and creator of the Sheep Bros™]

Kodehawa
    Kodehawa

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2018 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

I hate forge. Like, I really hate it. I really want just about all mod developers to stay away from it.

Not because it's incompatible with 70% of mods but it's just annoying and gets in the way all the time.

Sorry, but I like a lot forge. And if you make a performance mod you need to support ANY plataform. (Like FPS++ and Optifine!)

I agree with you Micmak4.

I have a mod with Forge and this plataform make modding very easy and mods are pretty compatible.

PS: If you like you can give me your src and I can make it in Forge. If you so hate forge a lot.

Posted Image

clank714

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Sir, most of the mods are built on forge. Just because you make a crappy little Jar mod doesn't mean that it has to support the one you made, if you want it to support, make a patch to support it, don't complain and say it's bad because you made a jar mod and it conflicts with it.
Posted Image

NANStreaming

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

With just OptiFine and OptiLeaves I get a (huge) FPS boost, it doesn't look as nice as normal leaves but it's still a very good mod, i'll be making a video soon. I do get a bug when I break leaves though!

- YT: Serb9500

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

You should make it so it does this with glass and ice, to make it so it's even LESS laggy!

Maybe even with all the blocks! Posted Image (Except water and lava)

Then it could be called OptiBlocks or something...
Posted Image

Waylon8tor
  • Location: Kashmir with a Black Dog on a search for the Stairway To Heaven
  • Minecraft: Waylon8tor

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

This mod actually lowered my FPS.
Posted Image
Click on the achievement to find out how.

Death_Dealer

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostWaylon8tor, on 08 June 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

This mod actually lowered my FPS.
thats because your computer has a better gpu than cpu. this realy helps gpu's out with less to visually render. and stress' the cpu more with more code to run  so the game knows what block faces not to render.  my advice is to get a better cpu if you have the capability.

oh and fantastic mod by the way:D
Posted Image

RyanDolan123

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostKodehawa, on 08 June 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

Sorry, but I like a lot forge. And if you make a performance mod you need to support ANY plataform. (Like FPS++ and Optifine!)

I agree with you Micmak4.

I have a mod with Forge and this plataform make modding very easy and mods are pretty compatible.

PS: If you like you can give me your src and I can make it in Forge. If you so hate forge a lot.

Well, Forge modifies so many class files that it is bound to be incompatible with anything. Plus forge mod loader is annoying when Minecraft starts up, it puts a bunch of  on the title screen that I find to be ugly and very out of place, etc. etc.

I just really do not like it. But I'll put the source up on pastebin for you in just a moment...

Edit: Here you go: (EDIT: I've updated the sources for Optileaves 1.1, please use the new 1.1 sources instead of the original ones. Thanks.)
http://pastebin.com/yb9NiqAD = BlockLeavesBase.java
http://pastebin.com/2Zr63bqB = BlockLeaves.java

RyanDolan123

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Also thanks for the positive feedback :D

Kodehawa
    Kodehawa

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2018 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostRyanDolan123, on 08 June 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Well, Forge modifies so many class files that it is bound to be incompatible with anything. Plus forge mod loader is annoying when Minecraft starts up, it puts a bunch of crap on the title screen that I find to be ugly and very out of place, etc. etc.

I just really do not like it. But I'll put the source up on pastebin for you in just a moment...

Edit: Here you go:
http://pastebin.com/80kj6GzU = BlockLeavesBase.java
http://pastebin.com/xsRZXNun = BlockLeaves.java

Well, Forge modifies so many class files that it is bound to be incompatible with anything. Plus forge mod loader is annoying when Minecraft starts up, it puts a bunch of crap on the title screen that I find to be ugly and very out of place, etc. etc.

Thanks. I will make this ASAP.

Posted Image

cooldude1128
  • Minecraft: cooldude1128

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

I will wait for the forge version. I saw another mod for 1.8 or so that made leaves render like reeds except when surrounded by other leaf blocks. That might help a bit more.
Hey there! I'm a spriter, and a frequent player of Minecraft and Super Hostile. I'm a good builder if I may say so myself, and I like constructions that are symmetrical. They bother my OCD less.

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

This mod is compatible with Forge!!! You just put it into the jar file! It worked for me anyways...
Posted Image

Shaynecraft
  • Minecraft: xXShaynecraftXx

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

forge is easyer to code with than modloader stop being a hater

ALSO It Is Compatable With Forge! Just Put It After Forge And Optifine

and Forge is puttogether better than Modloader
Want A Free VPS For Hosting A Server? Get One From Me! Click Here!