Crykura

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Minecraft: Crykura
  • Xbox:TsB I Talent

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Aether spawn builder required!

We have picked a 'temp spawn' and we are no longer in desperate need of a spawn. Although we still would like to see if you can do better!

Thanks for everyone who submitted a spawn, it means a lot that you wanted to help. Posted Image

We are looking for a builder for a spawn, our staff/Aether team haven't got the time nor the required skills to create a good spawn. So we are reaching out to you.

We need someone to build a spawn that can amaze 200+ players when they first join the Server. Also if your build gets chosen it will look good when other servers ask you for your past builds and we can also offer validation of your build.

You will get full credit of the Spawn Build and a colored name (which helps with many people talking). We can't give you ranks like Admin or moderator but we can offer a [Helper] rank and you will gain the trust of myself and others if you wish to climb the staff ladder. Posted Image

Since we aren't allowed to give you the Mod you will have to create this in single player vanilla Minecraft 1.5.1.

Requirements -
  • Two walls symmetric to each other so players can select which world they wish to join. (SMP/PVP)
  • An area so we can credit entire Staff/Aether Team and yourself. (Must be able to change in size e.g. smaller or larger)
  • Also we must be able to improve upon your build in case we/yourself have to add something else.
  • The spawn has to be big since we will gain a lot of traffic due to being the official server.
  • We want a ancient/modern mix theme but this can change Posted Image.
  • We don't want a Aether portal at spawn atm due to the developers wishing they play survival first.
  • Has to be enclosed since we don't want people using the 'Spawn World'

We wish for the build to be done before the Aether is out but no pressure due to us having a temp (rubbish spawn). It's unknown for the date of release so please don't ask.
We also understand this may be too much for you to work since you can't be there with us but we will help and give you advice on your builds as long as you post pictures and world saves and ask for help.

This is an open app so just post your name a picture of your build. We will send a message to our chosen build letting you know that we have picked you and we will request the final world save.

Finally thank you if have submitted an App as you're offering to help, just understand we want a amazing looking spawn for the amazing mod that is the Aether.

Register or log in to remove.

Flying_Bat

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I would love to take a try into building the spawn for the server, but first, what is the due date of this?
I'll start working on this, but I want to know how much I have to pressurize myself with the due date xD

Posted Image

Crykura
    Crykura

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostFlying_Bat, on 06 June 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

I would love to take a try into building the spawn for the server, but first, what is the due date of this?
I'll start working on this, but I want to know how much I have to pressurize myself with the due date xD

We have a temp spawn atm so whenever. Ideally before the Aether is released (Unknown don't ask xD) I'll add to main post.

ADVENTUREUPDATE

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

ILL DO IT IM GOOD AT BUILDING!
actualy i cant make the aether spawn because theres no reason for it because aether stuff for the build so im affraid i cant :(
This is my Signature.
Hi.

Duskshadow
  • Minecraft: duskshadowbrony
  • Xbox:duskshadowbrony

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hmmm. I'll show you my server's spawn area, see if you guys like it.

If some builds look random, they are probably part of a Player-Owned-Shop, such as that nether tower you see in the first image.

Due to me worried about losing the spawn area due to a bug, I backed up this spawn area into a schematic very soon after I finished it. The difference is that there are no portals in the schematic, no "random-looking" builds, such as that nether tower, and the Signs on the marketplace.

Bird's eye view
Spoiler:

Spawn Building (Where they spawn, obviously).
Spoiler:
Another Bird's Eye View, this time, the Church is more visible
Spoiler:

Marketplace (Player-Owned shops)
Spoiler:

Staff/Admin shops
Spoiler:

Northern Exit
Spoiler:

Church. Credit staff here? I feel it would be appropriate, for the whole "staff are gods" way of thought.
Spoiler:

Portal Hub (NONE OF THESE PORTALS, NOR THEIR FRAMES ARE IN THE BASE SCHEMATIC) I guess you can use this for the gamemode choice. Probably more preferable for symmetrical walls.
Spoiler:

Thanks for looking.

If you want a closer look, you can ask me for the schematic for it.
MineZ Professional (On the Leaderboards: DuskShadowBrony) || Emerald Shotbow Subscriber || Sucks at PvP

Flying_Bat

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Ever since some guys posted, I've been getting some malicious URL warnings from my antivirus. Weird :/

Posted Image

Crykura
    Crykura

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostADVENTUREUPDATE, on 06 June 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

ILL DO IT IM GOOD AT BUILDING!
actualy i cant make the aether spawn because theres no reason for it because aether stuff for the build so im affraid i cant Posted Image

You can build a spawn without the Aether, nice try. ^_^

View PostFlying_Bat, on 06 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Ever since some guys posted, I've been getting some malicious URL warnings from my antivirus. Weird :/

Huh? D:

Duskshadow

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostFlying_Bat, on 06 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Are you using Avast? Avast is overly sensitive. Remember back in '09 when it deleted some major Windows files because it detected them as viruses?
MineZ Professional (On the Leaderboards: DuskShadowBrony) || Emerald Shotbow Subscriber || Sucks at PvP

Crykura
    Crykura

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Dusk

We would prefer if you built with the Aether in mind, not re-using something. Altough thanks for you app :)

Flying_Bat

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostDuskshadow, on 06 June 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Are you using Avast? Avast is overly sensitive. Remember back in '09 when it deleted some major Windows files because it detected them as viruses?

Nope. I use Kaspersky, and this isn't the first time it has happened, it's actually the second :(

Posted Image

Duskshadow

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostCrykura, on 06 June 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Dusk

We would prefer if you built with the Aether in mind, not re-using something. Altough thanks for you app Posted Image

Wait, what do you mean? The spawn area was built for multi-world use, which is why I felt it was appropriate to apply. What do you mean "with the Aether in mind"? I noted all the images with what you asked for.

Flying_Bat

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostFlying_Bat, on 06 June 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Nope. I use Kaspersky, and this isn't the first time it has happened, it's actually the second Posted Image

OH wait! It's because of the pictures you posted! That's why for me it just says 'posted image'. Kaspersky won't allow me to download it in order for me to see it.

Posted Image

Duskshadow

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostFlying_Bat, on 06 June 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

OH wait! It's because of the pictures you posted! That's why for me it just says 'posted image'. Kaspersky won't allow me to download it in order for me to see it.

Dafuq? Why?

Ra1nMak3r288

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

As a fact, I am too lazy to make my own forum account so I am using my brother's one. My nickname is the_end and I have built structures for other servers. I have always adored the aether, which I believe to be the best mod in minecraft history. I do not use plugins such as world edit too much. I would love to be the architect of structures in the official aether server and be recognised by the team and community! Since I'm greek, I am familiar with ancient greek architecture and this combination of modern and ancient building is managable! My latest and greatest achievment to date is the building of the Ex-Christian Church Hagia Sofia in full scale! I have been informed that my brother is part of some kind of 'chat' where the staff and community members talk. He has the world file and since I cant set up a server he can, should you want to see that. I am going through exams right now,like most of you, so dont expect anything too soon. I will start the development of the project as soon as i can and will be posting screen shots of it regularly from this account so you can advice me in any changes you want to be done.

Flying_Bat

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Not trying to be greedy or anything(ok maybe a little xD), but will the 'helpers' get a glow like all helpers do? :)

View PostDuskshadow, on 06 June 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Dafuq? Why?

I dunno :(

Posted Image

Crykura
    Crykura

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostFlying_Bat, on 06 June 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Not trying to be greedy or anything(ok maybe a little xD), but will the 'helpers' get a glow like all helpers do? Posted Image

Staff members don't glow. Although being apart of the Aether server team should be enough xD

Duskshadow

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostFlying_Bat, on 06 June 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

-snip-

I dunno Posted Image

Switched upload location from my site to PhotoBucket, try now

View PostCrykura, on 06 June 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Staff members don't glow. Although being apart of the Aether server team should be enough xD

Cry, please explain what is wrong with my build, so I can try to fix it. My spawn meets the specifications asked for... (I modified my OP to change descriptions and image links)

Silversun123
  • Minecraft: T_B_G

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

im T_B_G im working on some models as you read this post. will be back to you soon. (told you i wanted to be a builder..)

Crykura
    Crykura

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostRa1nMak3r288, on 06 June 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

As a fact, I am too lazy to make my own forum account so I am using my brother's one. My nickname is the_end and I have built structures for other servers. I have always adored the aether, which I believe to be the best mod in minecraft history. I do not use plugins such as world edit too much. I would love to be the architect of structures in the official aether server and be recognised by the team and community! Since I'm greek, I am familiar with ancient greek architecture and this combination of modern and ancient building is managable! My latest and greatest achievment to date is the building of the Ex-Christian Church Hagia Sofia in full scale! I have been informed that my brother is part of some kind of 'chat' where the staff and community members talk. He has the world file and since I cant set up a server he can, should you want to see that. I am going through exams right now,like most of you, so dont expect anything too soon. I will start the development of the project as soon as i can and will be posting screen shots of it regularly from this account so you can advice me in any changes you want to be done.

1: Is this just you Rain -___-
2: Pictures???
3: We don't require a server just a save :D

View PostSilversun123, on 06 June 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

im T_B_G im working on some models as you read this post. will be back to you soon. (told you i wanted to be a builder..)

Cool can't wait!

View PostDuskshadow, on 06 June 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Cry, please explain what is wrong with my build, so I can try to fix it. My spawn meets the specifications asked for...

Well it's small, and the theme is not what we are looking for.

Ra1nMak3r288

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

1) no its not me, its my brother, just he is overal computer illiterate and he makes me make all his accounts for him and I am too lazy to do that -__-  Dont believe me? Tell me how to prove it 2)pictures of ?? 3) Ok

P.S. he is currently studying so thats why I am replying for him -.-