630 replies to this topic

jcmgamer
    jcmgamer

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

View Postdavboecki, on 11 July 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Looks like your server is missing BC. Or your versions don't match.

I'm using buildcraft 3.7.1 and logistics pipes 561 dev build.  For some reason they work perfectly fine on my single player client but when I put them on my server the same way I put them for single player it just throws that error at me.  I'm not sure if it matters that i'm using the 738 build of forge.

Edit: Both mods are in the servers mod folder.

Register or log in to remove.

Hobbyboy
  • Minecraft: Hobby_boy

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'm not sure if this is already possible, but is there a way for a LP provider pipe be able to see craftable items from an AE network?

Riptiduh
    Riptiduh

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hi Logistics Team,

I am having a problem with Logistics Pipes and Tesseracts.  It seems, whenever I add multiple Tesseracts to the system, actually, adding one more Tesseract for a total of 3, my logistics system powers down.

I am trying to have storage and item sync chests in multiple locations, but adding an additional Tesseract on the same frequency to communicate to the others powers the whole system down.

I am being redundant in my explanations but, I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or this is a bug?

Thanks so much!

davboecki
    davboecki

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 76 posts
  • Minecraft: davboecki

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postjcmgamer, on 11 July 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

I'm using buildcraft 3.7.1 and logistics pipes 561 dev build.  For some reason they work perfectly fine on my single player client but when I put them on my server the same way I put them for single player it just throws that error at me.  I'm not sure if it matters that i'm using the 738 build of forge.

I'm sorry but honestly i don't know how to help you. Maybe somebody else knows a solution?

View PostHobbyboy, on 12 July 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

I'm not sure if this is already possible, but is there a way for a LP provider pipe be able to see craftable items from an AE network?

Currently that is not possible. Sorry.

View PostRiptiduh, on 15 July 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hi Logistics Team,

I am having a problem with Logistics Pipes and Tesseracts.  It seems, whenever I add multiple Tesseracts to the system, actually, adding one more Tesseract for a total of 3, my logistics system powers down.

I am trying to have storage and item sync chests in multiple locations, but adding an additional Tesseract on the same frequency to communicate to the others powers the whole system down.

I am being redundant in my explanations but, I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or this is a bug?

Thanks so much!

Tesseracty are only allowed to make a point to point comunication for LP. It is intended that you can't connect LP over 3 tesseracts on the same frequency. Adding more than 2 tesseracts disconnects the hole LP networknot only disconnect the power but everything.
RS485-Team

Riptiduh
    Riptiduh

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postdavboecki, on 15 July 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Tesseracty are only allowed to make a point to point comunication for LP. It is intended that you can't connect LP over 3 tesseracts on the same frequency. Adding more than 2 tesseracts disconnects the hole LP networknot only disconnect the power but everything.

So, would you say the only viable option for multiple, wireless connectivity are Phase Transport Pipes from Additional Pipes?

I mean, besides Ender Chests :)

littlecrafterfin

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hello, I love your mod!

How do I connect an applied energistics CPU to the LP network?

crafteverywhere
  • Minecraft: crafteverywhere

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

Sorry for asking a question not about this mod itself,but we really need your help!

I checked the github and found a mod called ItemRenderer which has been moved.The information said that the mod can create the images of the blocks and items of mods,that's what we really need in editing mcbbc.com,which is a non-profit and open-editing mod-wiki site in Chinese.
Could u tell us how and where to get the mod or the srcs of the mod?

Thx very much for both this mod and amazing logistics pipes mod.

Saphre
    Saphre

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postdavboecki, on 11 July 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

"PermGen space". Start minecraft with more PermGen space.

Hi,

try to set the folowing Parameters in your Minecraft launcher ie. you have more than 3GB RAM:

-XX:PermSize=512M -XX:MaxPermSize=3072M

this would help.

It was the sollution for my texturePack problem. There was the same error with more PermGen Space.

modpir8king

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostSaphre, on 16 July 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Hi,

try to set the folowing Parameters in your Minecraft launcher ie. you have more than 3GB RAM:

this would help.

It was the sollution for my texturePack problem. There was the same error with more PermGen Space.

People with limited knowledge of Java should not really give advice.  The above is really bad advice in so many ways.  If you are having PermGen space errors you need to only use this -XX:PermSize=512M DO NOT use the next part.  This java argument allows for more space for java classes to be loaded into memory.  This does not affect how much ram the minecraft application can access, using -Xms1024M and -Xmx3072M for 1-3GB.  But please be aware this is not setting how much ram Java/Minecraft will use this is setting the heap size Java/Minecraft will use.  

Saphre
    Saphre

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hi there,

i have a question to this really awesome Mod.

My Setup is looking like

Sorting chest --> Chassis MK2 (including quick sort module)--> Barrels with multiple items and 1x Diamond chest

Here's my Problem:

When i put something into my sorting chest with a fixed target (barrel) it will work. But i want the LP also that i can do anything into the sorting chest. It should be routed in an empty chest into the system. But this wouldn't work. I have read that the quicksort module will ignore default routes for items without an fixed place in the network.. I know that i can use an itemsink card in the destination chassis, but i wouldn't program any item into the chest. I know im lazy :-)

Sry for my english, im from germany and i didn't wrote english manytimes in my daily routine. :-)

Saphre
    Saphre

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postmodpir8king, on 16 July 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

People with limited knowledge of Java should not really give advice.  The above is really bad advice in so many ways.  If you are having PermGen space errors you need to only use this -XX:PermSize=512M DO NOT use the next part.  This java argument allows for more space for java classes to be loaded into memory.  This does not affect how much ram the minecraft application can access, using -Xms1024M and -Xmx3072M for 1-3GB.  But please be aware this is not setting how much ram Java/Minecraft will use this is setting the heap size Java/Minecraft will use.  

In which way it will be an bad advice?`For security reasons?

theZorro266
  • Minecraft: theZorro266

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

View Postcrafteverywhere, on 16 July 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Could u tell us how and where to get the mod or the srcs of the mod?
I am still programming the mod. You need to wait then.

View PostSaphre, on 16 July 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Very bad idea, as modpir8king said. But he is not making it better in any way.
Just letting the initial permgen size as it is and setting the maximum permgen size up is the best way.
That means: "-XX:MaxPermSize=256M" (where 256M are enough) along with the normal "-Xms1024M -Xmx3072M" (You can allow more RAM on the -Xmx, but for the most parts 3 GB is enough (note that your OS uses RAM as well)).

View PostSaphre, on 16 July 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

In which way it will be an bad advice?`For security reasons?
No security has nothing to do with the RAM allocation at Java. But the JVM has many features to allocate and manage the ram. I have read in some blogs that setting the -Xms equal to the -Xmx does even disable some of those features (which makes sense and is bad). Also if you set the minimum (permgen size or normal ram) higher than the program actually needs, it does not help you anyway and even uses some of your RAM when it does not need it. Starting Minecraft with 1 GB of RAM may start the game a little faster/load the world faster than setting it lower.

modpir8king

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

As Tweeted by CPW himself:

Also: pro tip: SET permgen size, don't just allow a bigger max. Every time it needs to resize is a big GC cycle==Epic game pause.

PermSize=256m means it will allocate 256 meg, no more, no less. Resizing permgen is bad, mmkay.

Saphre
    Saphre

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Ok fair enough.

I needed the RAM allocation to make Minecraft working with my texturepak. I use Win8 an only this setting works for me to run Java 64Bit with windows 8. Sry for my bad advice.

I have actually found an sollution for my LP problem.

I use the Extractor Module to pump out all items out of the chest. Items with a fixed location in the Network running in the correct barrell, all other goes to the default route. Now i have to craft the fastest extractor card to make the Network more responsible at all.

Yuugi
    Yuugi

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Minecraft: Yuugi

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

I'd actually recommend trying "-d64 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -server -Xms384M -Xmx2048M -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=25 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=75 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=4"

That is, if you are on a current version of 64-Bit Java 7. In case of 32-Bit Java 7, drop the -d64 -XX:+UseCompressedOops. If you are on Java 6, for god's sake, update.

Try it. You'll see much less ram use on average and -never- get GC freezes ever. Just be aware that -Xmx needs to be around two gigs or higher due to how G1GC Garbage Collection works.

EDIT: That works on both client and server. It did wonders for RAM use on the virtual machine I'm renting. 90+ forge mods and it's content with two gigs of heap.

theZorro266
  • Minecraft: theZorro266

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostYuugi, on 19 July 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

I'd actually recommend trying "-d64 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -server -Xms384M -Xmx2048M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=25 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=75 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=4"
As modpir8king said, setting the actual -XX:PermSize is better for the reasons cpw mentioned.

Yuugi
    Yuugi

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Minecraft: Yuugi

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Oops, just edited that. That's what I meant to put there but I seem to have brainfarted after all of the MaxPermSize discussion above.

Richardk2n

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Are you already working with the dev builds of buildraft or are you still waiting for something more stable?
(Bin aus Bayern und will wissen ob ich in den Sommerferien schon mit 1.6.2 anfangen kann)

Actually there is a way to connect LP and AE you need interfaces from AE and craftign logistic pipes if you want i can make a tutorial how to do it
Posted Image
Posted Image

FireGeggo

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Postjcmgamer, on 11 July 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

You could post the full forge log somewhere, maybe something in it will give clues.

As a side note I have same buildcraft and forge versions my self only LP is #571 dev. though it seems I have used 561 in the past and can't recall anything wrong with it.

haftting1

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm trying to play Logistics Pipes with MC 1.2.5 and BC 3.6....Well it works at all but I have one problem. I'm using NEI as well and when the mod is installed the overlay from it just dissapears or I get a "grey coloured" screen...Does anyone know how to fix it? :/