Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[V1.3_01] PlasmaCraft - Liquids! Acid! Danger! [0.1.6]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
863 replies to this topic

UltraMoogleMan

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

PlasmaCraft for Minecraft 1.3_01 and ModLoader 1.3_01v5

IF YOU JUST UPDATED TO 0.1.5, USE A FRESH SAVED GAME!

If you like this mod, please keep it alive by replying to this thread with your awesome ideas, and also submit them at this link, as we check it more often: http://plasmacraft.userecho.com/ - thanks!

Warning: Changing the ID of an item you already have in your inventory will destroy the item or make your savefile unplayable.

How to use the config file: The config file is located at "/.minecraft/", In the file mod_PlasmaCraft.props.  You can change the block and item IDs that collide with other mods.

WVoR4zs8L9s

Hey, folks!  This is a collaborative mod, with BenSlater heading up the idea generation, myself (UltraMoogleMan) doing the lion's share of engineering, and Soundmaniac, TehKrush, VGFreak97, Tiktalik, Tazman and more all contributing engineering support, ideas, and art.

I would go on a long-winded description of what PlasmaCraft is, but I'll let the screenshots and individual features speak for themselves.

Thanks to 303, Club559, kingbdogz, Mr. Okushama and more for their invaluable debugging help!

Features:

4 New Ores!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All ores can be smelted in our caustic smelter (the "Plasmificator") into a corresponding "goop", which in turn can be re-smelted into ingots.

[*:1zbpadso]Radionite - Appears from Y=4 to Y=27.  Glows purple.
    [*:1zbpadso]Plutonium - Appears from Y=4 to Y=19.  Glows turquoise.
    [*:1zbpadso]Neptunium - Appears from Y=32 to Y=95 in the Nether.  Glows orange.
    [*:1zbpadso]Obsidium - Appears from Y=16 to Y=47 in the Nether.  Gives off an eerie glow despite its ebony appearance.

7 New Liquids!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[*:1zbpadso]Acid - A bright, translucent, glowing green fluid that flows faster than water, deals damage to any entity that comes into contact with it, and is the foundation of the crafting system in PlasmaCraft.  It appears rarely in lakes on the surface, or more commonly in caves.
    [*:1zbpadso]Netherflow - A red, watery fluid found in the Nether.  Damages on contact.  Can be picked up by an empty Vial.
    [*:1zbpadso]Liquid Plutonium, Radionite, Neptunium, and Obsidium - Liquid versions of the four new ores, can be created by dumping out a Vial that contains the Goop of a given ore.

The Plasmificator
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Plasmificator is used to smelt caustic substances that would not otherwise be smeltable in a normal Furnace.  It's powered by Plasma Gel, Plasma, Radionite Vials, and Plutonium Vials.  There is also a 9-slot "queue" where you can set up a list of things to be auto-smelted for you while you are away.

The Hazmat Suit
Posted Image
The Hazmat Suit is used to traverse caustic liquids without taking damage, though lava will still set you on fire.  It's made like standard armor, but using Plasma-Coated Leather.  Eventually it will be possible to recharge the Hazmat Suit at a Recharge Station, also planned for the next version.

Plasmificator Smelting
This is just a partial list of the Plasmificator smelts in the game - the unlisted ones can be guessed by intuition.

Ore Goop
Posted Image
Smelting ore returns a Goop item for that ore which can either be put in a vial or re-smelted into Ingots.

Goop Ingots
Posted Image
Posted Image
Smelting goop returns an Ingot item for that ore which can be used for additional purposes.

Plasma Refinement
Posted Image
Smelting a Plasma Gel using a Plasma Gel will give you pure Plasma, which can itself be used in recipes or as a fuel.

Recipes
This is just a partial list of the recipes in the game - the unlisted ones can be guessed by intuition.

Reinforced Glass
Posted Image
Reinforced Glass has a higher strength than regular glass, and drops itself when broken.  Hooray for recycling!

Empty Vial
Posted Image

Plasma Goop
Posted Image
Plasma Goop is one of the most useful items in the mod - it can be used as a smelting fuel for the Plasmificator or can be used to upgrade items!

Acid TNT
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Acid TNT block has half the normal fuse of a normal TNT block, 2.5 times the blast radius, and it leaves a pool of acid behind.  Highly deadly.  Remote detonation via Redstone is highly advised.

Acid Grenade
Posted Image
The Acid Grenade is a portable explosion maker that creates an explosion radius of 2 on impact and leaves acid in its explosion's wake.

Acid Barrier
Posted Image
Does massive damage to anything that touches it.  Can be used for mob traps.

Plasmificator
Posted Image

Plasma-Coated Leather
Posted Image

Plutonium Vial
Posted Image

Radionite Vial
Posted Image

Radionite Boat
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Radionite Boat will allow you to sail, protected, through a pool of caustics.

Hazmat Boots
Posted Image
As mentioned before, Hazmat armor is crafted in the same way as normal armor, but with Plasma-Coated Leather.

GlowCloth
Posted Image
Posted Image

This mod requires Risugami's ModLoader!  Get it here! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=80246

Changelog:

0.1.6: Now compatible with ModLoader v5.

0.1.5: Bugfix release.  Bugs fixed:
- Ores and liquids now spawn in the Nether.
- Handling in caustic liquids is fixed.
- Xau's HD texture patcher should no longer cause invisible liquids.
- Acid/Water interaction now produces Clay as a precipitate, eliminating infinite chunk updates when acid touches water.
- Uranium added (does not spawn yet)
- Acid TNT basin generation is fixed.
- The top texture on still water is fixed.
- The Plasmificator queue is now functional.
- WorldGen control values have been exposed in the props file, for dirty cheaters

0.1: Initial release.  Known issues: Radionite Boat's protection ability does not function, Plasmificator queue does not function, caustic physics is a bit odd, caustic combinations mostly lead to explosions but should lead to other things.

Installing:
If you don't know how to install a ModLoader mod by now, check this page:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=116234

Download:
0.1.6: http://icips.us/mine... ... v0.1.6.zip
0.1.5: http://icips.us/mine... ... v0.1.5.zip
0.1: http://icips.us/plas...acraft_v0.1.zip

Suggestions are welcome!

If you like this mod, show your support by adding it to your signature!
[URL=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=198244][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zQyLz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The Hall of Awesome
This is a gallery of all of the awesome fan-made screenshots and videos of our mod!

Posted Image
Free Diamonds! - by Soundmaniac

Posted Image
IT'S A TRAP! - by Soundmaniac

oiupYZurveI
Clay Machine, by IIz Trollin

N2J8AVcZ8kU
Dynamic Acid Grenade Lighting (planned for 0.2)

Register or log in to remove.

freetorule
  • Minecraft: freetorule

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

Images dun work.

UltraMoogleMan

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

freetorule said:

Images dun work.

Now they do.

starwarsfan35
  • Minecraft: starwarsfan35

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Oh my goshnesss.... is something this awesome possible?
*downloads 100 times*
THANK YOU
*bows*
Posted Image

MartySpartan

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Wow looks fun i'll try it out :SSSS:
Posted Image

^Legit way to get free stuff through easy surveys^ (click this link http://www.prizerebe...x.php?r=3238595)

Soundmaniac

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

Yay, we released it! have fun! ;)
Posted Image

freetorule
  • Minecraft: freetorule

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

I suggest nuclear power plants. You choose the crafting since it is YOUR mod, im just thinking, nuclear power plants could generate a giant field of redstone power, and could be a mob repellent!

Corrosive

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

I just tried this out. Impressive! Very good work and I hope to see it updated in the future.

Approval of diamonds: :iapprove:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:

deknahs
    deknahs

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Great! So much fun making traps out of these...though I found out the hard way how badly the liquids don't mix. lol. But its Great, it makes for a quick hole in the ground.
Definately one of my favorite mods. Should be fun with Mo'Creatures. Those werewolves won't know what to do. HA!
It will be nice once the boat works properly.  Can't wait.

Though I wouldn't mind being able to get more then 1 Empty Vial for 3 iron and 6 glass (Atlesat 2, mabye?)

Edit:
A bug (Sort of) that I found, is the naming of the liquid blocks.  With ToManyItems the liquid blocks show the name and in brakets (Still) or (Moving), but the (Still) Blocks and Moving and (Moving) Blocks are Still.  This really doesn't matter, just though I would point it out.

Also, Plasma Goop, is there a reason that it doesn't stack more then 1?

Edit2:
Tried the recipes, I found them all to work except for crafting Empty Vials.

Cauchemar

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

I tried like 10 recipies to make a glass vial but none of them worked I even tried the one in the pic! How do I make it I need detailed instructions

jaiden123123

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

i have a problem i have found an above ground acid pool so i went to make a vial but it wont craft, im using reinforced glass and iron ingots is that right?
join the cow protecters, and take the pledge, for the benefit of cows: Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cauchemar

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

jaiden123123 said:

i have a problem i have found an above ground acid pool so i went to make a vial but it wont craft, im using reinforced glass and iron ingots is that right?
I am having that problem too  :D

spikeof2010
    spikeof2010

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Minecraft: spikeof2010

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:00 PM

Amazing. I remember this when this was just a clone of water that damages if I can recall.
Maybe since we have acid, we could have limestone?
Posted Image

Creeperzcreep said:

this is like telling 5 year old santa's not real

gdscei
    gdscei

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2013 posts
  • Minecraft: gdscei

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

i tried to craft a vial. Used iron ingot and reinforced glass using the crafting recipe, but it didn't gave me anything.

also it did not create a mod_plasmacraft.props file.
Pl@netCraft new survival server looking for builders! http://www.minecraft...-economy-towns/
Posted Image

Moon_chilD

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hi,

I have got a problem. I cant see the Liquids. There are only smal lines (even in the Ingame InventarEditor)
I checked the Files an they are in the right folder...
I've updated the ModLoader to newest Version...

I hope you can help me.

Edit: Here is a Screenshot:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Emperor Penguin
  • Minecraft: PenguinSpectre

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

AWESOME :)

There was even going to be a party for you. A big party. That all your friends were invited too. I invited your best friend the companion cube. Of course, he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends. Because of how unlikeable you are. It says so right here in your personal file: UNLIKEABLE, liked by no one, a bitter, unlikeable loner, who's passing shall not be mourned, SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted, so thats funny too.

- GLaDOS

Sahfaree
    Sahfaree

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Minecraft: Sahfaree

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:16 PM

black screen. yay.

gdscei
    gdscei

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2013 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

oh and my fps drops from ~80fps to ~30fps in caves with lots of acid with an occasional (a little too occasional) memory leak
Pl@netCraft new survival server looking for builders! http://www.minecraft...-economy-towns/
Posted Image

Moon_chilD

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:17 PM

Sahfaree said:

black screen. yay.

Try to reinstall the Modloader. ^^
It helped for me!
Posted Image

gdscei
    gdscei

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2013 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

Moon_chilD said:

Hi,

I have got a problem. I cant see the Liquids. There are only smal lines (even in the Ingame InventarEditor)
I checked the Files an they are in the right folder...
I've updated the ModLoader to newest Version...

I hope you can help me.

Edit: Here is a Screenshot:
Posted Image
probably caused by your texture pack, try it with default textures
Posted Image