• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Possible way to get Zombie/Skeleton Horse?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

anthony42808

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

I just thought of something. What if a horse gets hit with lightening. Will the horse become zombified like how pigs do?

Remember saddles go on pigs too. Maybe this is a hidden feature on Mojang.

Unfortunately it is hard to test this, but if anyone could possibly test this please leave a video or pictures or something.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

It says in the wiki that they have no function in the code other than just being there.
Posted Image

FinalStrike97
  • Minecraft: FinalStrike97
  • Xbox:FinalStrike97

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostKyoShinda, on 01 June 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

It says in the wiki that they have no function in the code other than just being there.
But they're bound to do something later on. Why create two whole new textures and extra code for nothing other than just being there? I think this would be a nice little rare occurrence.
i5 4670k l Noctua NH-D14 l Asus Gryphon Z87 Micro ATX l Corsair Vengeance 8GB l Seagate Barracuda 1TB l GTX 660 l Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl l Seasonic M12ll 620W l

anthony42808

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostFinalStrike97, on 01 June 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

But they're bound to do something later on. Why create two whole new textures and extra code for nothing other than just being there? I think this would be a nice little rare occurrence.

I completely agree. They are adding too much coding, even sounds for the mobs. This should be tested out, chances are nothing will happen, but Mojang does like putting little hidden features in.

da_kreeper
    da_kreeper

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Minecraft: Da_Kreeper

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

The reason they have the extra textures, is because Dr.Zhark had made them. I don't know why the other Horses aren't included...
The Betweenlands (Concept by MrCompost, Coders Needed!)

MumblesMiner

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

My guess is they will be mounts for skeletons and zombies. Horse back skellies = cant outrun.

NotAUsername3556
  • Minecraft: builder3556
  • Xbox:NONE

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostMumblesMiner, on 01 June 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

My guess is they will be mounts for skeletons and zombies. Horse back skellies = cant outrun.
Horse-back skeletons = Spider Jockey*

MumblesMiner

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostNotAUsername3556, on 01 June 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

Horse-back skeletons = Spider Jockey*
horses run faster for one.. and i would be surprised if undead mounts n jockeys never got paired up.

Masepohl
  • Minecraft: Masepohl
  • Xbox:Who cares

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

Use single player commands or bukkit and use lightning on horses :3
Posted Image

Khaidu
    Khaidu

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostKyoShinda, on 01 June 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Then why add sounds for them in the latest patch? They have their own separate sound files.

MooooYork
  • Minecraft: DarkSoulDead

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Umm to get a Zombie /Skeleton Horse, you must follow this steps :

Step #1 : Get a Horse
Step #2 : Get a Flint n steel or a Diamond Axe or a Diamond Sword
Step #3 : ­ing kill the horse with any weapon above! Maybe use Shears? Shear them to DEATH!
Step #4 : You will get Zombie or Skeleton horse!
Step #5 : Enjoy your Ride

Thats how you get Zombie/Skeleton Horses!
Enjoy! Enjoy!

~POOP

TonyTheSlayer
  • Minecraft: TonyTheSlayer

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostMumblesMiner, on 01 June 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

I was hoping they'd do this actually. It should be an extremely rare occurrence.
"I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots." - Albert Einstein

anthony42808

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostMasepohl, on 01 June 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

Use single player commands or bukkit and use lightning on horses :3

Bukkit and single player commands are not updated to the snapshots.

By the way, the skeleton horse is slightly bigger then the zombie horse. So maybe the skeleton horse is armor to the zombie horse?

BladeBlockX
  • Minecraft: BladeBlockX

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

What if they could be cured in some future update, just like how zombie villagers work, since horses are hard to find, that way it would add the chances of getting horses. Not a good answer but thats all that I could think of, aside from your ideas and the idea of a pumkin night riding one of those undead horses Posted Image

Posted Image
A Minecraft Sunset

TonyTheSlayer

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostBladeBlockX, on 01 June 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

What if they could be cured in some future update, just like how zombie villagers work, since horses are hard to find, that way it would add the chances of getting horses. Not a good answer but thats all that I could think of, aside from your ideas and the idea of a pumkin night riding one of those undead horses Posted Image
Interesting idea. The way I see this is that if as I quoted before the mount is not killed but the mob riding it is, you can cure the horse with the golden apple and obtain a horse much more powerful than any horse you could find in the wild.
"I fear the day when the technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will only have a generation of idiots." - Albert Einstein

PythonZ
    PythonZ

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Minecraft: PythonZ

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

But then again, the quiver, lantern, spikes, and skiis did absolutely nothing as well.
Posted Image
I've Never Been One For Cheating, But Creative Mode Is Just So Fun.

TonyTheSlayer

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

View PostPythonZ, on 02 June 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

But then again, the quiver, lantern, spikes, and skiis did absolutely nothing as well.
True. I do the same thing when I make mods for other games.

MooooYork
  • Minecraft: DarkSoulDead

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

Soo  ye ... poop

GerbilCrab475

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostPythonZ, on 02 June 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

But then again, the quiver, lantern, spikes, and skis did absolutely nothing as well.
You forgot about rubies. But the undead horses are different. They actually exist in game while those features you listed are either just sprites (quiver and skis) or something that doesn't exist in code nor sprite form (lantern and spikes).

Posted Image
^Not many of these potions can actually be made in vanilla Minecraft! Support the missing potions today! ^

Cjw12
    Cjw12

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

The only way to get the Rotten Green zombie horse and the Skeleton horse is by selecting a horse with MCEdit, exporting the selection as a schematic, NBT editing the schematic with NBT Explorer - changing the Type tag to 3 or 4, then importing the editing schematic into a world. (Must be a snapshot world of course, and probably a 1.6 world when the update is officially released. 3 is for the Rotten Green horse, and 4 is for the Skeleton horse.)

These horses seem to move their legs differently, in a sluggish - slow way, and you cannot put a saddle on them, ride them, or feed them. Just weird horses that do nothing but walk around slowly and do the animations that other horses do. And also, I think they despawn, because they disappeared in a world I had them in.