• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2]Flan's Mod 4.2 : MECHAS, Planes, Vehicles, 3D Guns, Multiplayer, TDM, Conquest

tools industrial transportation api ssp mechas planes vehicles guns

• Please log in to reply
28200 replies to this topic

cheeseball123
  • Minecraft: cheeseball123

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Are you also going to add a reload-button in the next update ? :) This would be usefull , I think.

Awesome mod btw :)

Register or log in to remove.

Dj_777
    Dj_777

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Location: Riding behind my unstoppable Railcraft Tunnel Bore.
  • Minecraft: Dj_777

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostMr_Stinson, on 24 October 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

That is in one of the contant packs ,I think it was in one of manu's packs

Not quite if I understand what was being asked...  The plane itself is there, yes.  But the person you replied to appears to be asking for a new mechanic allowing a plane to drop an entity with a customizable inventory & that becomes a chest with the same items in it.  That seems a bit ambitious, but it would be useful, just like being able to drop other vehicles from a large enough plane.
Posted Image

Kirby859
  • Minecraft: Kirby859

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postcheeseball123, on 25 October 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Are you also going to add a reload-button in the next update ? Posted Image This would be usefull , I think.

Awesome mod btw Posted Image

Based on my experiences, a gun picks the first magazine it can find by checking the hotbar first, then the inventory. I reload by putting a full magazine in front of my partially filled magazine, so the partially filled magazine is still usable, but the gun prioritizes on the full magazine because it is in front of the partially filled one. Here are some pictures:

http://dl.dropbox.co...26_18.10.19.png -- The gun is using the ammo that has been used partially. I'm going to replace it with the new, unused item so the gun uses that one instead.
http://dl.dropbox.co...26_18.09.59.png -- The result. The gun finds the first ammo item before it sees the used one, so it uses the new one instead.

A reload button that would do this automatically would definitely be helpful. It would be even more helpful if the team could add a partially filled reload time and an empty reload time as separate arguments in the gun file. The partially filled reload would have a different sound than the empty reload (for example, if I were making an M16, I would have the empty reload have a sound that includes the "player" hitting/pressing the bolt release, where I would exclude that when the gun has a round in the chamber/the magazine is partially filled). This isn't necessary, but I think that a reload button would be really helpful.
Posted Image
Kirby859's Content Packs - Battlefield 3 Pack 3, European Theatre Pack, and more!

Trolls_The_Sexy_SpyCrab
  • Minecraft: CREEDOFTROLLS
  • Xbox:xavier2012

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostxGoP, on 24 October 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I have an idea for a plane. You can make an AC130 plane that can drop stuff, Like a chest that falls down from the plane with items in it so you can give your friend stuff.

Like this:

Posted Image

I have sent him the idea of planes that have cargo (not bombs) to drop each slot.
Posted Image

Abraham Lincoln said:

Don't always believe all the quotes you see on the internet.

kingsilver_123

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Sooo...., about a week until it is released?And another thing. If you are going to make it SMP, then could you make it able to be installed on macs?

Posted Image

Kreature_tybersphax

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Definetly needs 1.4.2 capability

Silvcry
    Silvcry

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

If we can use the futur version on lan worlds it would be nice to have a big passenger plane like a boing747 for a maximum of 10 players + 2 pilots.
With this we can build big airports and flay around with players and be a pilot.

Greatings Silvcry

bato1234

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

hey jamioflan

Upgrade this mod for minecraft 1.4.2

Beckflys
    Beckflys

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

When I go to the Forge download I get a 404 eorr. is there a different version i can use?

gamelover85

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

I was wondering if you could create a mod that would secure a vanilla (or non-bukkit server) from griefing. Just something real basic while I wait for bukkit to be updated. Something that would prevent any griefing or trolling or vandalism to my server while bukkit plugins are unavailable? How about a "Protection Stone" Mode for vanilla servers? Protection stones for a vanilla server would be the best I think.

Thing is, there are people who ask, and there is a bit of demand for security for a vanilla server. But no modders have made a mod that would add security to a public server that is an official server and not bukkit or tekkit.

I already have a huge spawn area created for my server, but while I wait for bukkit to update, I can't have my server public while my bukkit plugins are disabled due to 1.4 minecraft release. Now I have to wait for the developers of bukkit to release 1.4 update. Meanwhile, if a mod existed to keep a vinilla server secure, I could just keep my server in "Vanilla mode" while I wait and people could still play and things would remain secure while we all wait on bukkit to release an update.

Think this is something interesting to you? Care to create something that would solve many user's issues? Not everyone wants to use bukkit, but griefers are HUGE on vanilla servers that have no security what so ever in place. So this would help people who don't want to use bukkit, still keep their server's secure. Thanks man.

iamawesome123456789

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

I know you have been working very hard on updating but could you give an estimated realease time for the server version 1.4.2 because i am so excited to have a flans server people have such creative ideas for servers with this awesome mod and THANK YOU SO MUCH for this awesome mod!

gamebloxnate
  • Minecraft: GameBloxNate

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

WHY!!! now i cant download flan's mod because... ITS A SPLIT ARCHIVE!!! media fire wont allow it D:

jetventus3

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

small problem involving mediafire do you have a mirror download?
EDIT: i just relized a lot of people asking for 1.4.2 but if you're closer to updating to 1.3.2 then do that first, and then 1.4.2 i also recommend dropbox
Posted Image dont knock till you try it

xSparky
    xSparky

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1058 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

View Postjetventus3, on 28 October 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

small problem involving mediafire do you have a mirror download?
EDIT: i just relized a lot of people asking for 1.4.2 but if you're closer to updating to 1.3.2 then do that first, and then 1.4.2 i also recommend dropbox
What's the point in updating to 1.3.2 first then 1.4.2? It will only prove more problematic as you will have to rewrite it again to fit 1.4.2.
Posted Image

taj1994
    taj1994

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Minecraft: taj1994
  • Xbox:taj1994

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostxSparky, on 28 October 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

What's the point in updating to 1.3.2 first then 1.4.2? It will only prove more problematic as you will have to rewrite it again to fit 1.4.2.
Unless they threw away what they already have towards 1.3.2, they wouldn't have to rewrite it again... They would just have to update from 1.3.2 to 1.4.2. 1.4.2's coding isn't that different from 1.3.2. It's not like Mojang will do a major code change like they did between 1.2.5 and 1.3.2 anytime soon...

Posted Image

gamehero123

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

when are you updating it

KingOfHacker

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Postgamehero123, on 28 October 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

when are you updating it
i dont think there will be any update any time sooner
You are being hacked !

Pierson
    Pierson

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Minecraft: piercerson

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostKingOfHacker, on 28 October 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

I agree, I can wait.

jdude1228

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Does anyone have a download for the minecraft forge that is required because the one I have tried on the minecraft forge website doesn't work

Dj_777
    Dj_777

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Location: Riding behind my unstoppable Railcraft Tunnel Bore.
  • Minecraft: Dj_777

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

View Postbato1234, on 27 October 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

hey jamioflan

Upgrade this mod for minecraft 1.4.2

View PostKreature_tybersphax, on 27 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Definetly needs 1.4.2 capability

Argh...  This ain't like IC2 where the mod has almost a dozen highly experienced workers working with anywhere up to 60 beta testers...  Flan & his team are doing what they can after having 2 or even 3 rewrites for this mod.  1 or 2 of which are being worked on still.  There is SMP compatibility in the works & the overhaul of the code 1.3.x brought.  Those are no small changes to a mod.  And from what I understand, they are making progress.

P.S.  You want it done faster, learn Java & modding, then offer to help Flan.  And if you simply want to know what progress has been made, go to their github page.  The link is on page 1124.

View Postgamelover85, on 27 October 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I was wondering if you could create a mod that would secure a vanilla (or non-bukkit server) from griefing. Just something real basic while I wait for bukkit to be updated. Something that would prevent any griefing or trolling or vandalism to my server while bukkit plugins are unavailable? How about a "Protection Stone" Mode for vanilla servers? Protection stones for a vanilla server would be the best I think.

Thing is, there are people who ask, and there is a bit of demand for security for a vanilla server. But no modders have made a mod that would add security to a public server that is an official server and not bukkit or tekkit.

I already have a huge spawn area created for my server, but while I wait for bukkit to update, I can't have my server public while my bukkit plugins are disabled due to 1.4 minecraft release. Now I have to wait for the developers of bukkit to release 1.4 update. Meanwhile, if a mod existed to keep a vinilla server secure, I could just keep my server in "Vanilla mode" while I wait and people could still play and things would remain secure while we all wait on bukkit to release an update.

Think this is something interesting to you? Care to create something that would solve many user's issues? Not everyone wants to use bukkit, but griefers are HUGE on vanilla servers that have no security what so ever in place. So this would help people who don't want to use bukkit, still keep their server's secure. Thanks man.

I would wait for Bukkit to update.  Flan has a lot on his plate, and I don't think that he would be done, make something like that & have the bugs worked out before Bukkit updates...

View Postiamawesome123456789, on 28 October 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

I know you have been working very hard on updating but could you give an estimated realease time for the server version 1.4.2 because i am so excited to have a flans server people have such creative ideas for servers with this awesome mod and THANK YOU SO MUCH for this awesome mod!

...Please refrain from asking for updates, as it is against the forum rules.  If you want to know how long, just look at the

View PostxSparky, on 28 October 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Not quite, as 1.4.2, from what I understand just BARELY rated a new MCP & Forge update as it was only a slight API change, unlike how 1.2.5-1.3.x was a mod-breaker.

View PostKingOfHacker, on 28 October 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

...Huh?  Do you mean that there won't be an update any time soon?
Posted Image