How do you install mods on the new minecraft launcher?new launcher minecraft how do launcher how do mods install
Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:06 PM
Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:09 AM
- Copy the 1.5.1 folder (call it "1.5.1-Mod")
- Rename the jar from "1.5.1.jar" to "1.5.1-Mod.jar"
- Rename the natives folder from "1.5.1-natives" to "1.5.1-Mod-natives"
- Rename the json from "1.5.1.json" to "1.5.1-Mod.json"
- Open the .json file and edit the ID line so it has the value "1.5.1-Mod"
- Modify the .jar as you would normally
Just remember the new launcher is still being worked on and is not ready for prime time yet
Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:28 PM
Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:12 PM
[EDIT] I tried this just now, it doesn't work.
Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:33 PM
Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:46 AM
ETA: answered my own question here:
Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:00 PM
When I run the new launcher, I just have the 1.6.1 and the old releases, and no way to choose the .jar I just modified.
Does anyone have had the same problem and solved it ?