Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Farming Platform 4 [1.6.1] [4000+ downloads]

farm casino village mine prison farming map survival map farming platform

  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1

BoonCraft
  • Minecraft: Zeepzop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Posted Image

Farming Platform 4

]

farming platform 3 trailer:
Spoiler:


Info:
Farming Platform 4 is the fourth installment in the Farming Platform map series for Minecraft 1.6.1. The basic objective is to farm, fight, mine and gamble your way to riches. The map includes a farm, a town, a mine, a prison and a casino. The currency is gold, you can obtain gold by selling your harvest, ores and mob drops. You can also choose to gamble your gold for more gold and rare items. You can find detailed information on these areas below. If you don't know what to do you can read the achievements.

Multiplayer notes:
The map can be played in multiplayer howerver i would suggest not to enter the casino or the arena with multiple people. The command block placement is not optimesed for multiplayer.

Rules:
Spoiler:

Areas:
Spoiler:

Achievements:
Spoiler:

Future features:
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

Reviews:
Spoiler:

Download:
http://adf.ly/Qt1XR

Recourse pack:
Spoiler:

Old versions:
Spoiler:

If you find any bugs or if you have contructive criticism, please tell me and i'll edit it as soon as possible Posted Image







╭━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╭━╮╱╱╱╱╭╮╭━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╭╮

┃━┳╋━╮╭┳┳━━╋╋━┳┳━╮┃╋┣╮╭━╮┃╰┫━╋━┳┳┳━━╮┃┃╱┃┃

┃╭╯┃╋╰┫╭┫┃┃┃┃┃┃┃╋┃┃╭┫╰┫╋╰┫╭┫╭┫╋┃╭┫┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃

╰╯╱╰━━┻╯╰┻┻┻┻┻━╋╮┃╰╯╰━┻━━┻━┻╯╰━┻╯╰┻┻╯╰━━╮┃

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╰━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃




Register or log in to remove.

#2

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Great!

#3

Phedran
    Phedran

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • Minecraft: Phedran

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yes! Can't wait to start the new map. Though, I am also eagerly awaiting the addition of horse mini-games... ;)

Posted Image


#4

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

So, I can't get the texture pack to wanna work... I tried the one with the world download, but since that didn't work I downloaded the one from the post. Or are coins supposed to still look like slime balls?

#5

BoonCraft
  • Minecraft: Zeepzop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostFamousTijmen, on 25 May 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

So, I can't get the texture pack to wanna work... I tried the one with the world download, but since that didn't work I downloaded the one from the post. Or are coins supposed to still look like slime balls?
Are you sure you know how to install texture packs? And are you playing in the newest snapshot?

#6

unajunga

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for releasing this! There'll sure be a review coming your way!
Posted Image

#7

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostBoonCraft, on 25 May 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Are you sure you know how to install texture packs? And are you playing in the newest snapshot?
Yeah. The one in the map download I put in a .zip folder and put it in the texture pack folder. When I changed the texture pack it loaded something, but I didn't get any (different) textures :( And I'm playing on snapshot 13w21a, using the new launcher

#8

BoonCraft
  • Minecraft: Zeepzop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostFamousTijmen, on 25 May 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

Yeah. The one in the map download I put in a .zip folder and put it in the texture pack folder. When I changed the texture pack it loaded something, but I didn't get any (different) textures Posted Image And I'm playing on snapshot 13w21a, using the new launcher
Oh you shouldnt put it in a zip, just place the map in the texture pack folder.

#9

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostBoonCraft, on 25 May 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

Oh you shouldnt put it in a zip, just place the map in the texture pack folder.
Oh, OK. Also, I've found a few flaws in this map:

In the cafeteria next to that guy that sells stuff, lies a random rotten flesh
If that same guy is out of range you can't trade with him (that's why I call him a guy. I don't know his name)
In that church thingy, it sometimes doesn't drop the items

Also, I've tried putting the map folder (straight from the download), it still doesn't work. I've also tried using just a normal map folder, but I can't open it then?

Woops, not true :P it works now

#10

unajunga

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Mmk Booncraft, so far this map is very fun, but I do have a question about the sacrificial altar, I'll put it in a spoiler.
(nobody else look in it please, hehe.)
Spoiler:

Posted Image

#11

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Also, I thought it would be fun if you could add an "illegal" part to the casino. Basicly, the only thing I can think of is horseraces. You vote on a horse, and then with lamps (or command blocks saying where the horses are) you can show players who is in the lead, and who is second, etc.
And perhaps you can also have it that you can play the horse races yourself? The way that would work is that the other horses are attached (using leaches) to a pig (or other mob) in a furnace minecart. And then the horses have a chance of going faster by going over a booster minecart, which randomly goes on (and if it's off you take a small turn around it so it won't slow you down) (the way you can attach mobs to other mobs with leaches is by using NBTEdit)
Also, I've noticed that you (and also in the map) always write I (when you're talking about yourself) always as i (unless it's at the beginning of a sentence). I just wanted to point that out

#12

BoonCraft
  • Minecraft: Zeepzop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostFamousTijmen, on 25 May 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Also, I thought it would be fun if you could add an "illegal" part to the casino. Basicly, the only thing I can think of is horseraces. You vote on a horse, and then with lamps (or command blocks saying where the horses are) you can show players who is in the lead, and who is second, etc.
And perhaps you can also have it that you can play the horse races yourself? The way that would work is that the other horses are attached (using leaches) to a pig (or other mob) in a furnace minecart. And then the horses have a chance of going faster by going over a booster minecart, which randomly goes on (and if it's off you take a small turn around it so it won't slow you down) (the way you can attach mobs to other mobs with leaches is by using NBTEdit)
Also, I've noticed that you (and also in the map) always write I (when you're talking about yourself) always as i (unless it's at the beginning of a sentence). I just wanted to point that out
Ah that's a pretty cool idea, i'll see what i can do Posted Image
I was thinking of adding something with horses but wasn't sure what to do yet, and i also wanted more casino games.
And about the I thing, it should actually be written in capitol at all time in formal letters. But yeah it's kinda silly to do that here Posted Image

View PostUnajunga, on 25 May 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Mmk Booncraft, so far this map is very fun, but I do have a question about the sacrificial altar, I'll put it in a spoiler.
(nobody else look in it please, hehe.)
Spoiler:

Hmm that's kinda strange, are you sure you're playing in 13w21a? Because the items use some new mechanics. I checked it out and it should work, i'll get back to you if i find the problem.
I did notice that the voice doesnt work at the first reward, so thanks for telling me.

#13

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

So wait, I just noticed something: I went to the prison and got a few arena tokens from zombies and skelletons. I then sold 4 of them for a total of 2 golden nuggets. Later in the village I sold my levels for some gold. I then turned those into nuggets. For some reason they didn't stack. So I checked the names, and apperently they are also Arena Tokens? That doesn't make any sense?

Also, with me sometimes the items also didn't dispense (only sometimes)

#14

BoonCraft
  • Minecraft: Zeepzop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostFamousTijmen, on 25 May 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

So wait, I just noticed something: I went to the prison and got a few arena tokens from zombies and skelletons. I then sold 4 of them for a total of 2 golden nuggets. Later in the village I sold my levels for some gold. I then turned those into nuggets. For some reason they didn't stack. So I checked the names, and apperently they are also Arena Tokens? That doesn't make any sense?

Also, with me sometimes the items also didn't dispense (only sometimes)
Ah thanks, i fixed it.
The dispensing just works perfectly for me.. I dont get it :(

#15

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Erm... so I saw in the achievements that you could rob the bank, so I tried that. First I killed the bank guard, and since that didn't do anything I broke the iron bars (not sure if I was supposed to). I stepped on the pressure plate and got caught. When I got in jail, I saw only one way to escape: there was an opening in the wall. The only thing is, that that leads to nowhere... (just redstone)

#16

BoonCraft
  • Minecraft: Zeepzop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostFamousTijmen, on 25 May 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Erm... so I saw in the achievements that you could rob the bank, so I tried that. First I killed the bank guard, and since that didn't do anything I broke the iron bars (not sure if I was supposed to). I stepped on the pressure plate and got caught. When I got in jail, I saw only one way to escape: there was an opening in the wall. The only thing is, that that leads to nowhere... (just redstone)
Oh lol that hole is not supposed to be there xD
And you are not supposed to kill the guard or break the bars, there's another way.

#17

BoonCraft
  • Minecraft: Zeepzop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Alright i fixed the bugs above and uploaded a new version, sorry if you have to start over :(

#18

FamousTijmen
  • Minecraft: GLaDOS32

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostBoonCraft, on 25 May 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

Oh lol that hole is not supposed to be there xD
And you are not supposed to kill the guard or break the bars, there's another way.
Yeah, I already thought so :)

#19

Mscizor
    Mscizor

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

[MINOR SPOILER ALERT]

Thanks for the new Farming Platform 4 BoonCraft! I loved the new Casino. I think I've been lucky for the past few turns on Wheel of Fortune, Slot Machine and the Gachapon. I managed to get lots of things in one session of gambling.

[Link to the proof]
(1): http://imgur.com/iki8GXV
(2): http://imgur.com/Fh1BnrA

By the way, the Slot Machine Has a pattern, I think. That's why I think I keep getting 3 emerald block lines in a row. Ahaha.

The new Eastern Farm is really great. I can't still figure out how to rob the bank, how to get Pocket Watches, but at least I got the diamond boots in the picture by sacrificing the old coins. Keep up the good work! Hope the Tamagotchi gets added soon as I'm looking forward to it.

It's a hard thing to see where to go in to get to rob the bank :( I bet it has something to do with teleporting or something. D:

#20

unajunga

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Is there a way to obtain string? Because when I was making dispensers for my chicken dispenser, I realised that enchanted bows don't work.
Posted Image