Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Getting "Lost Connection, Bad Login" message with server

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Madscientist22

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hi,
I tried setting up a server (using the .exe file for windows). In the server prompt everything setup fine without any errors. So I opened minecraft on the same computer and typed in "localhost" for multiplayer. It connected and in the server prompt it said I had connected and then I had disconected. So I switched back to minecraft and said something like "connection lost bad login". So I kept the server running and loged into minecraft on my friend's computer (Which was a Mac). And I typed in my external IP (Found by typing "ipconfig" into command prompt). It amazingly connected and entered the game just fine. So how come I can't connect to my own computer?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Jono20201

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

Madscientist22 said:

Hi,
I tried setting up a server (using the .exe file for windows). In the server prompt everything setup fine without any errors. So I opened minecraft on the same computer and typed in "localhost" for multiplayer. It connected and in the server prompt it said I had connected and then I had disconected. So I switched back to minecraft and said something like "connection lost bad login". So I kept the server running and loged into minecraft on my friend's computer (Which was a Mac). And I typed in my external IP (Found by typing "ipconfig" into command prompt). It amazingly connected and entered the game just fine. So how come I can't connect to my own computer?

Try using your external IP instead of "localhost". Or try 127.0.0.1

Posted Image
Jonathan Martin. MPServ LLC COO. E-Mail: [email protected]

I am a representative of MPSERV LLC

Madscientist22

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

Now for some reason it says I can't connect to minecraft.net when I login. Aan I tried what you said and it gave me the error "Server returned http responce code: 503 for URL: http://www.minecraft... ... SessionId="
Posted Image

bistoboy

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

It's looking like minecraft.net struggling again, when I try and goto it in a browser I just get a blank page, could be the server, could be amazon, could be DDoS attack, whatever the reason it seems whenever I actually havetime to play I can't :)

Madscientist22

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Ok, it looks like the minecraft website is back up. I got the server to work and I can log on to it. Would it possible to use 1 account for 2 players? I have a friend who hasn't bought it but can he and I use the same account on 2 computers  for multiplayer?
Posted Image

Jono20201

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Madscientist22 said:

Ok, it looks like the minecraft website is back up. I got the server to work and I can log on to it. Would it possible to use 1 account for 2 players? I have a friend who hasn't bought it but can he and I use the same account on 2 computers  for multiplayer?

Nope. That will not work. Tell him to buy the game.

Posted Image
Jonathan Martin. MPServ LLC COO. E-Mail: [email protected]

I am a representative of MPSERV LLC

kaztheminer

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

bad log in i think means some one is using your name

Posted Image

endermen rock!

Madscientist22

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

Ok thanks for the help!
Posted Image

Mooshroom12

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

I have the same problem, I need to know. <_<
Posted Image Will you please click me? I don't want to die so young.

minerdave
    minerdave

minecraftserverhost.net

• Members
  • 2113 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

View PostMooshroom12, on 11 November 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

I have the same problem, I need to know. <_<

As stated above the error is normally from minecraft's authentication servers having issues, you'll just have to wait it out.
Trusted and Established Minecraft Server Hosting since Alpha in 2010.
Minecraft Server Host: www.minecraftserverhost.net
Test Servers: test.minecraft.ms | la.minecraft.ms | nyc.minecraft.ms | va.minecraft.ms
I am a representative of Minecraftserverhost.net

luke127
    luke127

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • Minecraft: LC14199

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

No longer needed.
Every action has an equal/opposite reaction -Isaac Newton