pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

POPULAR

Posted ImageKAMI IS NO LONGER A SEPERATE DOWNLOAD. ITS NOW A CONFIG OPTION, ENABLED BY DEFAULTDISCLAIMER:Before installing/using these or any mods, make sure you backup your .minecraft folder, I (Pixlepix), or any other modders for that matter, am not responsible in any way, shape or form for any damage dealt to, but not only, your saves, your minecraft, your computer or others.Psst, you can follow progress on this mod by me (@Pixlepix) and Nekosune (@Nekosune)Please feel enouraged to hop on irc. irc.esper.net: #pixlepixPosted ImageThaumic Tinkerer is a spiritual successor to Vazkii's Elemental Tinkerer mod, this is a mod about tinkering with thaumic creations. It;s an addon to azanor;s Thaumcraft 4. The intention is to add new, and useful items you can create, using the knowledge you've acquired from the vanilla thaumcraft researches. Researches that come from this mod are prefixed as [TT] for easy labelling.Posted ImageAs this is a Thaumcraft Addon, I'll try to keep spoilers minimal, so, here's some non-spoiler-y images. I'll add videos if I happen to get any. So here's a little gallery:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageWhat do these things do you ask? Well, you'll have to figure it out yourself Posted ImageDown here there would be videos. But as of the 2.0 version of the mod, they're all outdated, since lots of superfluous items have been removed. Updated videos will be placed here as they come.Posted ImagePosted ImageThaumic Tinkerer by Pixlepix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported LicenseIf you want to do anything with this mod besides playing it, you should have a look at what it says. For modpacks, refer to the license under the Thaumcraft 4 thread, since my mod depends on it. You can distribute TT in modpacks at will, but Thaumcraft is a different matter.Posted Image(Hey you, read this)KAMI is a separate module in Thaumic Tinkerer, you can download it in the typical downloads section alongisde the rest of the mod, just drop it in the mods folder as you normally would.It includes incredibly powerful and expensive blocks. How powerful you ask? Look below:Posted ImageSee that hole? I dug it in a few seconds. See that pouch in my bar? It stores more than 4 mundane chests together. Still not convinced? Look at what you can do with it, check out this gif.Posted ImageThis mod includes features exclusive to ComputerCraft and ForgeMultipart, for the full experience, these are recomended, but by no means required.Download for Thaumcraft 4 (Changelog)Download for Thaumcraft 3 (Changelog)Source Code (github)The Github contains localization files, the mod can be localized. Currently it's available in English, German, Chinese and Russian.Banner (copy to your sig!):Posted ImagePosted ImageQ: Can I use this mod in a modpack?A: Read the License section of this thread.Q: Any other mods by you?A: Check my website.Q: How can I contact you?A: See above.Q: (Insert any other question here related to me, not my mod)A: See above, About me section.Q: Haven't I seen those sprites before?A: You may have. This mod makes use of either modified, or just copied versions of Thaumcraft 2 or 3 assets, the reason for this is that I can't make any sort of art at all, and I'd rather make use of fantastic unused assets than to reinvent the wheel and create my own, that would probably be sub-par.Q: The latest version in the file index says it was compiled for an old version of thaumcraft, will it still work?A: In theory it should work, it probably will, you should try it yourself to find out.Q: Why are there things in the thread? (May or may not be)A: Because Minecraft Forums is stupid.Q: Why is the Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe so slow?A: Enchant it with efficiency 5 and get a pair of Boots of the Horizontal Shield and tell me it's slow.Q: I can't find anything from KAMI, what do you need?A: Every single research not related to KAMI, and then it'll unlock. You can find it in the artifice tab.
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: vazkii.tinkerer.common.ThaumicTinkererKami(...)Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: vazkii/tinkerer/common/ThaumicTinkererKami : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
Q: I get the above error when I try to load up KAMI, how do I fix this?A: Redownload it.Posted Image
  • Searge and the MCP Team for creating the amazing Minecraft Coder's Pack;
  • SpaceToad, Eloraam, LexManos, cpw and the rest of the Forge Team for creating Minecraft Forge, which made my mod, and many others able to exist;
  • Azanor for creating Thaumcraft, of course;
  • MartysGames and TheAtlanticCraft for early support;
  • Haighyorkie for... something;
  • TheWhiteWolves for being an awesome beta tester, reporting lots of broken stuff and adding some awesome features;
  • Vexatos and crafteverywhere for translating the mod;
  • The Forgecraft Folks for helping to kill bugs.
Like the mod? Click that green arrow down there Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

finaindecent

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

At last, I can stop looking at your twitter and making a sad face.

One of your subtitles is wrong, "Licnse" should be "License" :3 Going to try this out now anyway!

Zokujin
    Zokujin

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Awesome! I always love to see new TC addons. Do I need to start a new world to get any ores/structures you may or may not have in the mod?

TheWhiteWolves
  • Minecraft: The_White_Wolves
  • Xbox:TheWhiteWolves

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yee!!, now everyone else can play with this awesome addon and see why I've been loving it so much, keep up the good work and can't wait for more

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2516 posts
  • Minecraft: Vazkii

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

View Postfinaindecent, on 18 May 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

At last, I can stop looking at your twitter and making a sad face.

One of your subtitles is wrong, "Licnse" should be "License" :3 Going to try this out now anyway!

Dammit, already making typos :P

View PostZokujin, on 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Awesome! I always love to see new TC addons. Do I need to start a new world to get any ores/structures you may or may not have in the mod?

Plonk and play, no worldgen.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

TheWhiteWolves
  • Minecraft: The_White_Wolves
  • Xbox:TheWhiteWolves

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostZokujin, on 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Nope, theres no new ores and the structures you see in the pictures were built by vaz for demonstration.

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Nice!
Good job on this mod.
Posted Image

Dylan4ever

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

This is an amazing mod. Great job once again, keep on amazing us with your epic work. This looks absolutly fantastic!
Can it be used in 1.5.1? I have a huge personal modpack and this would be so amazing to have in it.

~ Dylan
Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2516 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostDylan4ever, on 18 May 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Can it be used in 1.5.1? I have a huge personal modpack and this would be so amazing to have in it.

It should be able to, it's compiled with srg names, and it doesn't use any of the new features in thaumcraft 3.0.5. I haven't tested it in 1.5.1 myself though, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

JustHev
    JustHev

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I liked Elemental Tinkerer, I loved Thaumcraft 3. Now we have Thaumic Tinkerer, the best of both worlds. Today is a great day...

DraxisWuf
    DraxisWuf

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:32 PM

I want to try it, but I'm getting this error at init:
Spoiler:
This is with Forge 703 and 3.0.5a Thaumcraft.

mangoose
  • Minecraft: thatguy3039

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostDraxisWuf, on 18 May 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Spoiler:
I get the same error
Posted Image
Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2516 posts

Spoiler:

Yeah, I can reproduce that, seems like the compiler broke in a way, it was working a while ago. Let me try to fix it, give me a moment...

The1337
    The1337

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Minecraft: The1337_PWN

Ninja'ed by Vazkii.

Laskeri
    Laskeri

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Spoiler:

^I'm getting this too. I tried using Forge 695 (The wiki says ThaumicTinkerer was built against this version) and still got it.

EDIT: Ninja'd so hard.

tehdevilwearsprada
  • Minecraft: sleepingwsirens

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

We're rooting for you to fix this thing! Been following this mod since the announcement.

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2516 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Done, if you redownload it it should be fixed. All it took was a compile, the compiler seemed to have broken it the first time. Awfully sorry for that, should be working fine now.

DeadL0cust
  • Minecraft: R3dL0cust

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Looks great, chap!  Now, i'll wait with great anxiety while the re-occurring bug is exterminated.....

EDIT: ....and as if by magic you are done.
Posted Image
Latest MultiMC5 Pre-Alpha Build:Windows - Windows - http://goo.gl/1xxFKX

sondrex
    sondrex

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Minecraft: sondrex76

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

looks cool, i will download it Posted Image
i am sondrex but you can call me sondrex76 if somebody know a forum admin can you tell me i realy want to talk with them about why i got banned for no reason at all.

Arkenor
    Arkenor

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Has anyone successfully got this working alongside Ars Magica? I seem to be in some difficulties.

Spoiler:

Ironically, I was trying to help someone with an almost identical crash earlier, though it was clearly being caused by a different mod disagreeing with AM.

At a guess, AM is trying to calculate power levels for the various items, and making a bit of a botch of it for some reason. Possibly might be avoidable by specifying the values.