IP Address: intoxicated.aviditygaming.com
Price Guide: intoxsheet.blogspot.com (thanks Inhale_)
The prices on this sheet are not official, nor the 'set' prices of the server.
Because of this, take the prices on this sheet with a grain of salt.
Intoxicated is a hardcore 'drug' server with PvP, raiding and griefing permitted. The server spawn contains many shops, apartments and plots as well as a hospital, casino, police station, real estate office, bank and apartment complex. The city is rather large and offers many avenues for adventure, so make sure to take your time looking around and familiarizing yourself with all the areas. When ready, head into the wilderness to start your first base and drug operation!
What exactly is a drug server?
A drug server is essentially a SMP survival server, only with a bit of a twist added. The main method of gaining money, higher ranks, and better tools is by creating a base and drug farm to sell to the local market, as well as the buying and re-selling to the local shops and dealers. While it may sound relatively easy, you have fierce competition. Other players will try to raid, grief your farms, and steal your product that you so painstakingly grew and harvested, so always keep and eye out! In addition to that, the city Law Enforcement will frisk you, confiscate any illegal substances if found, and punish you by giving you a lengthy jail sentence. The DEA may also raid farms directly, and will act on tips from other players in exchange for some money so be cautious of who you invite to join your operation! As you advance through higher and more prestigious ranks you gain access to more profitable shops and better tools / items.
"I think I have seen this server before somewhere..?"
It's quite possible that you have seen this server before. Prior to February 2013, Intoxicated was run by Evolution Gaming but was shut down much to the disappointment of the players. Avidity Gaming is a group of players from the original Intoxicated server that have decided to recreate the server to resemble the old server that many players sunk countless hours into, albeit with a few added things here and there to improve the server even more. We plan to restore the server to it's former glory so that players might enjoy Intox again, whilst having fun along the way!
You have escaped the law enforcement from abroad and are the new kid in town. The city you have arrived at as a fugitive has a large underground scene (so to speak), and it seems the easiest way to make some fast cash is by starting a small growing operation. Not many shops are available to you yet and you'll have to earn the trust of the locals by selling at reduced prices in the sewers.
You're moving on up in the city, some of the locals even know your name. Use the limited connections and resources available to you to obtain higher profits on the drug trade and grow in more secure locations.
You've been hired by one of the larger cartels in the city and have been assigned the task of enforcing payments. You do the dirty work, and gain higher profits, better connections, and more trust as a result of your reliability and ruthlessness.
You have been assigned the task of moving the cartels drug caches to the richer customers. The question is, can you be trusted with the extra responsibility of the job?
You are now work for the largest cartel in the city and have been given the esteemed position of right hand man to the local drug lord. You keep a watchful eye over all dealings and manufacturing operations, taking large cuts of the payouts as the benefit of your loyalty.
You now run the entire drug scene and own the largest cartel in the city. Now you have the task of upholding your reputation, will you survive the dangerous task of running your cartel?
- No hacked clients.
- No mods aside from the ones approved for the server. (See list below)
- No transparent or 'xray' texture packs.
- No spamming or repeating messages without cause.
- No advertising or talking about other servers.
- No harassment of either staff or players.
- No extreme griefing. (Eg, "base was there, now it's just a hole in the ground" type griefing)
- No exploiting, bugs, glitches, or loopholes of any sort.
- No extreme staff or player disrespect. Multiple offences will result in a perm mute or ban.
- Rei's Minimap
- bspkr's mods (ArmourStatusHUD, DirectionHUD, StatusEffectHUD)
- GLSL shader mods
- No drugs or contraband are allowed.
- No pushing people to their death or a location that can cause them harm.
- You cannot have drugs or contraband inside your apartment.
- Any farms, drugs or otherwise are also not allowed.
- There is no transfers, additions or refunds on apartment rentals.
- You cannot have drugs or contraband visible from outside any part of your plot. (Door windows included)
- Melon, Netherwart or Pumpkin farms are permitted.
- Shops are allowed in your plots if you provide a proper shop front that is open to the public with proper signage.
- You must contain blocks and liquids within the boundaries of your plot at all times. Tip: Do not plant trees, any part of them that grows outside your plot will stay there until an admin fixes it.
- You may request people to be added to your plot - Max of 4 people per plot. Each person can only be a member of 4 plots.
- If you wish to transfer plot ownership the fee is 200% of the purchase price and is only available when all plots are sold. A single plot may only have a single owner at any given time.
- Inactive plots will be put on notice after 3 weeks of inactivity and may be removed after this period.
- 1x1 towers are not allowed. Offenders will receive a 1 to 3 day ban depending on the severity.
- Skybases are allowed, however any towers leading up to them must be of substantial size. No 1x1, 2x2 towers etc.
- Mass griefing is not allowed and will also get a 3 day ban or possibly worse, depending on how much damage was done.
If a player inside the boundaries of the city is seen with contraband in their possession (Sword, bow, or arrows.) the police officer may ask for the weapon. If the player does not hand over the weapon after a 5 second countdown - or tries to run - the player will be sent to jail.
A player may be frisked for drugs at anytime within the main public spaces in the city. If drugs are found the officer is allowed frisk multiple times then jail the person for 5 minutes for possession of contraband. A jail sentence of 10 minutes is also given to players caught planting drugs on others.
Police Officer Behavior
- Enforcement officers are to be respectful and helpful.
- Enforcement officers are not to grief/steal from anyone's base.
- Do not hand out any of your kit items.
- Enforcement officers must not use any items outside of their kits.
- All contraband received from players must be sold to the evidence room or disposed of as soon as possible.
- Enforcement officers must abide by all server rules.
- Enforcement officers may not jail, then unjail to frisk a player.
- Enforcement officers are only to mute when there are either no higher ranking members online, or no action is being taken.
Chat Moderators are allowed to play the game like normal and may join whichever clan or town they please, but are also expected to remain neutral and unbiased in any arguments, rule infringements or general wrong-doing. They are expected to remain respectful of all players on the server in all chat channels at all times. It is also a requirement that Chat Mods monitor chat while they are online and assist anyone who needs it to the best of their abilities. See below a few general guidelines on punishments to be enforced by a Chat Moderator if needed:
Offenses to temp-mute for:
- Minor chat spam (multi-line words)
- Excessive cursing
- Excessive offensive actions or words to either players or staff.
- Excessive caps lock (entire sentences, 80% of a sentence, multiple sentences, etc.)
- Speaking about other servers
- Officer/staff disrespect
- Player/staff harassment (Also report the harassment to an Admin.)
Offences to perm-mute for:
- Major chat spam (5-6 lines or more)
- Racism - 3 hour mute first offense, 3 day mute second offense, permanent mute for third
- Repeated and consistent excessive offensive actions or words to either players or staff.
Offenses to ban for:
- Advertising with intent
- Suicide spamming (1 day temporary ban)
Law Enforcement Application:
Time you can be on the server patrolling:
Do you have experience with other drug and/or prison servers?:
Have you read all of the server rules?:
Can you be fair and enforce rules with a non-personal judgement?:
Why do you think you should be a cop?:
Chat Moderator Application:
How long have you played on the server?:
Have you ever been muted or banned?:
If yes, why and for how long?:
Why do you believe you're suitable for the role of Chat Mod?:
Any extra Information?:
Copy and past this template into a new reply at the bottom of the page. Fill out the information, then click the 'Post' button. [Looks like this:] (You will need an account on these forums to post a reply.)
Who were you banned by?:
When were you banned? (Approx time/day):
What was the ban reason?:
Do you admit fault?:
What was your current rank?:
Why do you think you should be unbanned?:
Any other information?:
Who were you muted by?
When were you muted? (Approx time/day):
What was the mute reason?:
Do you admit fault?:
What was your current rank?:
Why do you think you should be unmuted?
Any other information?: