Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Pocket Realms Price

pocket realms

87 replies to this topic

BlueFlare02
  • Minecraft: Selosorcerer

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

would you have to pay for making your own i hope you can make your own server free not surePosted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Sirius
    Sirius

Obsidian Miner

• Retired Staff
  • 1390 posts
  • Minecraft: Seri_us
  • Xbox:Siri0usly

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostBlueFlare02, on 28 May 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

would you have to pay for making your own i hope you can make your own server free not surePosted Image

You'll most likely have to pay a fee to own a global server, although making a local server and joining one will remain free.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

StynaMN
    StynaMN

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostGdrom, on 26 May 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Sorry this is not a excuse. Games exist on mobiles that need 2 Gb of space, there are games like Minecraft that have unlimited world and much more. I don't believe that the developers are saying that it is difficult to make a huge game on mobile phones, Minecraft can be much more than now and in it can be all the stuff like Xbox edition, just with limited number items and high gama devices like Galaxy s4, HTC ONE,...

View PostWalterCool, on 27 May 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Also, you have minecraft clones with unlimited world on Android like survivalcraft, isn't a good excuse. Also, if you bought the android version, you must wait for IOS app approval, Notch it's bringing a SLOW update just because Apple doesn't make faster updates and we must wait for it. Shame.

If only we could play desktop version of minecraft for online only on our tablets/smartphones... clones are doing a good job on that

Haha, I hadn't looked at the actual Minecraft PE capacity until now, and, you're right, its relatively small. If Mojang did include infinite worlds, there could be a set warning for when you reach 1GB, or something like that. Especially on the new multiplayer system - we wouldn't want to have a pay-per-chunk deal, it would get expensive...

SuperJoeMan
  • Minecraft: SuperJoeMan
  • Xbox:JoeyPir

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

View Postshaneread123, on 28 May 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

I'm struggling to understand how it will all work? Is the a good
Explanation of multiplayer that someone could send a link for?
Why would I pay when I can play multiplayer with my kids on my wifi.
And why does it have to be so confusing? I have multiplayer on other apps that u
Just click on and play other people but mcpe seems far too involved.
Well, some people want to play with a variety of other gamers. Once online multiplayer is released, you could play with anyone on these forums as long as tey have Minecraft PE. Also, on Pocket Realms the limit on people playing should be at least ten, and right now it's five and Hunger Games and The Walls aren't that fun with so little players. And for why it's confusing, which I'll rephrase to "complicated", MCPE is a very large app. When I say this I don't mean physically large in storage, but in... I don't even know the word... "richness"? So the concept "multiplayer" is much more extensive in this game. It's not like an app imitating a board or card game, where "multiplayer" is "My turn, your turn". MCPE is much more than that. Also, the multiplayer we are getting in Minecraft - Pocket Edition will allow us to play with people around the world, such a feature being rarely found in iOS or Android apps.
Posted Image

Blue_Miner

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

They didnt put an excact price? I dont know if i can host a server now but i think it will be no less than 2.99$
Im just here standing from a distance.Waiting for to strike you down.

SuperJoeMan
  • Minecraft: SuperJoeMan
  • Xbox:JoeyPir

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostBlue_Miner, on 03 June 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

They didnt put an excact price? I dont know if i can host a server now but i think it will be no less than 2.99$
Do you mean "no more"?
Posted Image

Dman9494
  • Minecraft: Dman9494

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostSuperJoeMan, on 04 June 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Do you mean "no more"?
I think he meant 'no less'. He expects the servers to be pretty spendy

A9_0Z
    A9_0Z

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1293 posts
  • Minecraft: SamAC2K11

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

I would think maybe €3.99 /month would reasonable, anymore than €5 would be pushing it, though I did here somewhere something about €10.99 /month which is outrageous, they would like to think you would divide that over 10 ppl which would bring the cost down but that's not always an option for everyone depending on circumstance. €3.99 /month would be a happy price with me, but no more than €5 or €6. Judging on a PE player holding say 14mb of RAM (Something close to that), multiply that by 10 plus the sever itself would prob average around 200mb, that's probably 5 servers in any old cheap 1Gb dedicated server which I would think might cost what like €50? So that means €10 per server and they never have to pay for it again. Unless they want to make a profit from the word Go they're not gonna charge €10, but it's possible this would justify my crazy figure of €10.99 /month. They could just as easily 'rent' the server for €3.99 /month and only have to 'rent' it three times and profit from there on.
Basicaly if 4J Studios / Mojang are profit hungry, they'll charge around €10.99 /month
If they're a bit nicer they'll charge around €3.99 /Month still making profit
Finally if they're considering we already payed for it, they'll charge the running cost which my estimate is around €1 and they'll only have to rent to 10 ppl and profit from there aswell.
Obviously Realms was made to be a 'win win' situation for Minecraft, they'll make a profit no matter what price they charge, it just influences how quickly they'll receive a return. Well that's my idea and I'm gonna go lie down and rest now! :P
Posted Image
Join My Pocket Edition Server: http://www.minecraft...status-offline/
Spoiler:

acethegameplayer

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

I hope that it's cheap so i won't have to keep buying Google play cards I'll never my put CC info on Google play with all of cyber hacking going on around the world.

chetkyypocak123

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Johan just tweeted it will be 40$ per month :
Posted Image
Heres a tweet link

StynaMN
    StynaMN

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postchetkyypocak123, on 06 June 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Heres a tweet link

Well geez, there goes that idea. It was a nice thought...

I don't see how a 10-people-limit server can cost that much for a month, especially when others find out how to do it by themselves, and actually make money. And we're talking Pocket Edition, here - I wonder how much the PC version will cost if there's this big of tag on the mobile one.

Obiben02

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

certainly when you buy a server you only have it for so long, over time it would be crowded with servers slowing it down. so by any chance it WILL be expensive and there will be some way that deletes your server over time or something like that.

A9_0Z
    A9_0Z

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1293 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

View Postchetkyypocak123, on 06 June 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Heres a tweet link
Thnks for posting that but that price is ridiculous!! $40!!! That has to be a $25-30 profit at least!! That's a crazy price
Edit: might be a fake pic, can't find where he posted it
Edit: DEFINITELY A FAKE TWEET! He made it on a fake tweet website, that's what the link send u to, ridiculous and pointless :/
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Darkplayer

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

No it's not good and the only one it will benefit is Minecraft.

I am sorry but this seems like greed to me. Minecraft is highly successful and to demand even more money from players when multiplayer was free before, sounds like greed.

The update was ridiculous. Fire and eggs?

A9_0Z
    A9_0Z

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1293 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostDarkplayer, on 07 June 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

No it's not good and the only one it will benefit is Minecraft.

I am sorry but this seems like greed to me. Minecraft is highly successful and to demand even more money from players when multiplayer was free before, sounds like greed.

The update was ridiculous. Fire and eggs?
Well they do have reasons, it is free on PC because people host it themeves but since Mojang are hosting the servers for us there are going to be server upkeep costs, though depending on the price we're yet to see, it may or may not be greed. Johan does have the intention of adding an IP patcher himeself anyway as you can see by his tweets with PocketMineMP on twitter, so it'll be free if we host it ourselves anyway.
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Riolu
    Riolu

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1642 posts
  • Minecraft: RioluMCF

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

I think people are forgetting that joining servers are free...
Posted Image

ThatOneCrafter

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

One point two, billion dollars to host a Realms server. Nah, I'm joking, about 5 or less.
[ I don't know what to put here ]

KoolaidTheBoss
  • Minecraft: KoolaidTheBoss

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

It will be $10-$15, confirmed by Mojang.

Source: http://help.mojang.c...inecraft-realms

Thecoolskier

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

I am will to pay 50 dollars but I heard on a tweet that it was going to be 9.99$

A9_0Z
    A9_0Z

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1293 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostKoolaidTheBoss, on 07 June 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

It will be $10-$15, confirmed by Mojang.
Source: http://help.mojang.c...inecraft-realms
"Likely around $10-15" Likely, not confirmed.
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Reply to this topic