13 replies to this topic

Paulo1
    Paulo1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hello :).
Just to let you know before you all go on a rant, I HAVE already paid for minecraft. Read on and you'll see why I need the jar.

Long story short, myself and my sister have a youtube channel, HezPauloGaming. On this channel we upload lots of minecraft videos of tutorials, let's plays and a couple of custom maps. We've been at it for more than 6 months now and we have over 700 subscribers. Recently because of an update, whenever we ran FRAPS minecraft was reduced to 1-3 frames per second, which is unplayable. Afterwards, Notch updated to Beta 1.3 and it worked again.

Unfortunately with beta 1.3_01, the bad frames per second is back. If anybody could pm me the beta 1.3 jar (if you have it), that would be awesome.

Oh, and if you still don't believe me, go to youtube.com/user/hezpaulogaming to see that we have already bought minecraft :).

Thanks
~Paulo  :)

Register or log in to remove.

TheCommieDuck

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

I'm afraid it's not legal to be sent the .jar. So I'm afraid you're stuck :) (And I know you have paid)
Try my bridge plan generator!

BenJ said:

Weird bearded things blowing themselves up to hurt me. Am I playing Minecraft or am I in Afghanistan?

Paulo1
    Paulo1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

Awhh, well thanks anyway then.

Looks like I'll just have to wait for another update :White:.

Or perhaps I could email Notch.. ?

Shadow_Knux

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:35 PM

Well, since you did pay for it, you could look for a pirated version of 1.3 and use it. It's not piracy if you've already paid and just want to go back a version in my opinion, but I guess it depends on the person.

helifreak said:

I did something that can't happen and I don't have any pics cause it never happened!

Shaniqua Rotanesha said:

...its a little weightist to assume everyone is the same size. Like some people are skinny and some people are fart.

_names_taken_

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hey im lookin for a way to revert versions as well
I saw someone on this forum who said they had a program that reverted versions but im having trouble looking for him
ill let you know if i find him though

NoMercyJon

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yeah just look around in the forums, maybe even google it. I know there is a MC reverter program. I believe the name contains the word nostalgia in it. I'm glad this thread was legitimate.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Sheith
    Sheith

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1583 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

You guys must be talking about this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113094
Remember to always bookmark useful topics for later. :P
Koaku's Clocktown Project
Posted Image
Posted Image

ShadowDusk said:

all hail the tail

theicychamelion said:

Lockfail, second attempt

Paulo1
    Paulo1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

Ah, perfect. Thank you very much :obsidian:.

Paulo1
    Paulo1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

Oh dang, that program didn't work (difficult to set up >.<).

Could anybody else help?

TheEyes
    TheEyes

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

If you are running a modded version of MC, then that won't work.

Try running it on a clean version.

Valiant_Hogers

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

Shadow_Knux said:

Well, since you did pay for it, you could look for a pirated version of 1.3 and use it. It's not piracy if you've already paid and just want to go back a version in my opinion, but I guess it depends on the person.

This. And with the new update you can decide of you want to upgrade.

So first look if the changes are worth it.

ckin224
    ckin224

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Minecraft: fernald

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

A little tidbit of advice, always backup your minecraft.jar. Always. I also don't know how trying to play saves in the older versions of Minecraft would work. I started backing up when Beta 1.2 came out, so if I really wanted to play 1.2 for some reason, I could.

tl;dr backup your bin folder
Posted Image

Paulo1
    Paulo1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

Well I've just been playing on the downloaded client (from minecraft.net), but I guess I'll just keep trying the mcnostalgia/python method..

Thanks for all of your help.

metman
    metman

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

Shadow_Knux said:

Actually, thanks to the DMCA, if whatever software you are using requires circumvention of physical or code-based security measures, it's against the law no matter what license you have.

Adam222 said:

So, yeah. Minecraft is kind of like walking into a high-class auction with top security and a solid reputation only to find out that everyone else in the room is a mugger. Who explodes.