• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.7 -- Biome Update

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

NoodIesJr

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

It's been quite a while since we've had any major world generation updates. I think that 1.7 should mainly focus on world generation. I was thinking maybe some new villages, such as a jungle village where the houses are built in the treetops with rope bridges going from house to house. A snow village would be nice too. I have always wanted snowtop mountains, maybe higher mountains. Of course, with higher mountains, we would need higher building height. This next idea has been thrown around the forums for a while. Maybe, there should be ancient ruins underneath the desert wells. There are a lot of things that could make the world generation better, especially some ocean upgrades. New mobs, possibly? What do you guys think?

Register or log in to remove.

AnneOnimous
  • Minecraft: AnneOnimous

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

I'm fine with the way the world is presently generated. I would prefer an update that focuses on making combat better - more weapons, enchantments, potions, armour, and possibly a new feature that involves enchanted gems and stats, such as more health, attack power, regeneration, defence, passive light level, and so on.

There would also have to be new, stronger mobs, regional difficulty, and other such things. There needs to be more of a challenge for those with the power to take it on.

Perhaps they could implement a system where the mobs would slowly get progressively more difficult the further from the point of origin (0x,0y) you were.

I am reborn...

death0master0er
  • Location: behind you, wait now to your left, no your other left!
  • Minecraft: Spongy141
  • Xbox:DONT HAVE ONE!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostAnneOnimous, on 13 May 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

Perhaps they could implement a system where the mobs would slowly get progressively more difficult the further from the point of origin (0x,0y) you were.
That would be a horrible idea... why? Due the to fact that some seeds have you some thousands of blocks from 0x, 0z* (In minecraft its z not y), plus it would also make it a lot harder to do common stuff, like mine, since you would have boss like mobs trying to kill you.  How is that fun?
Edit: But I do like the world gen stuff.  It would be nice to see Mojang make minecraft have better terrain...
Posted Image<--------- Click it! Best mod ever!

AnneOnimous

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

View Postdeath0master0er, on 13 May 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

That would be a horrible idea... why? Due the to fact that some seeds have you some thousands of blocks from 0x, 0z* (In minecraft its z not y), plus it would also make it a lot harder to do common stuff, like mine, since you would have boss like mobs trying to kill you.  How is that fun?

I build my bases far away from 0,0 as well. Obviously the increase in difficulty per chunk would be relatively small, since we're on a scale of 0-64,000,000.... possibly arbitrarily limited to 0-100,000 for the sake of practicality, with all mobs beyond 100,000 being the same.  It's not like, as soon as you move 100 blocks away you're suddenly facing mobs with three more hearts. This would take place over a much longer distance.

Oh, and seeds that make you start thousands of blocks away from 0,0 would be fun for the purpose that you could start off on even harder difficulties than you normally would.

Such an idea would be balanced by the proposed improvements to player power.

I am reborn...

mopar4t4
    mopar4t4

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

back on topic...

Im a plus for snow capped mountains (and generally higher ones too). I love the idea of Jungle Villages!

afroken
    afroken

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I'm fine with the way the world is presently generated. I would prefer an update that focuses on making combat better - more weapons, enchantments, potions, armour, and possibly a new feature that involves enchanted gems and stats, such as more health, attack power, regeneration, defence, passive light level, and so on.

There would also have to be new, stronger mobs, regional difficulty, and other such things. There needs to be more of a challenge for those with the power to take it on.
This is a good idea. As anybody with diamond armour/sword and good enchantments can play survival/hardcore really easily.

View PostNoodIesJr, on 13 May 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

It's been quite a while since we've had any major world generation updates. I think that 1.7 should mainly focus on world generation. I was thinking maybe some new villages, such as a jungle village where the houses are built in the treetops with rope bridges going from house to house. A snow village would be nice too. I have always wanted snowtop mountains, maybe higher mountains. Of course, with higher mountains, we would need higher building height. This next idea has been thrown around the forums for a while. Maybe, there should be ancient ruins underneath the desert wells. There are a lot of things that could make the world generation better, especially some ocean upgrades. New mobs, possibly? What do you guys think?
These are also great ideas. Love the idea about the Jungle Villages. That would be very cool. A snow village would also be nice. And a higher build height/higher mountains is a nice idea.

Crafterguy3x3
  • Minecraft: Crafterguy3x3
  • PSN:vickfam2010

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

This is already planned for 1.6
https://twitter.com/...110156118835200

AnneOnimous

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostCrafterguy3x3, on 13 May 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

This is already planned for 1.6
https://twitter.com/...110156118835200

Reading comprehension, mother trucker, do you have it?

My difficulty idea involves the game getting harder the further away from the origin you are. His idea involves the game getting harder the longer you spend near a certain area.

They are similar, but only to a point.

I am reborn...

Crafterguy3x3
  • Minecraft: Crafterguy3x3
  • PSN:vickfam2010

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostAnneOnimous, on 13 May 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

My difficulty idea involves the game getting harder the further away from the origin you are. His idea involves the game getting harder the longer you spend near a certain area.

Sorry I got mixed up

Avaruusmurkku

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

I think 1.7 should be terrain and combat overhaul update. Terrain generation needs a bit more work, and it would be good if Mojang would implement Cubic chunks into Minecraft in the progress. Combat also needs to be improved. It's kinda boring nowadays as we do not even have a proper block.
Posted Image

SuperVieira
  • Minecraft: SuperVieira

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostAnneOnimous, on 13 May 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

I build my bases far away from 0,0 as well. Obviously the increase in difficulty per chunk would be relatively small, since we're on a scale of 0-64,000,000.... possibly arbitrarily limited to 0-100,000 for the sake of practicality, with all mobs beyond 100,000 being the same.  It's not like, as soon as you move 100 blocks away you're suddenly facing mobs with three more hearts. This would take place over a much longer distance.

Oh, and seeds that make you start thousands of blocks away from 0,0 would be fun for the purpose that you could start off on even harder difficulties than you normally would.

Such an idea would be balanced by the proposed improvements to player power.
Actually, I believe Dinnerbone was working on making it harder the longer you stay in an area.  So if you stay at your base a lot, it will get harder and harder there (if it's not lit well).
Posted Image

AnneOnimous

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostSuperVieira, on 13 May 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Actually, I believe Dinnerbone was working on making it harder the longer you stay in an area.  So if you stay at your base a lot, it will get harder and harder there (if it's not lit well).

That would be regional difficulty.

I am reborn...

death0master0er
  • Location: behind you, wait now to your left, no your other left!
  • Minecraft: Spongy141
  • Xbox:DONT HAVE ONE!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Reading comprehension, mother trucker, do you have it?

His idea would be a lot better than yours, having the coords determine your difficulty wouldn't be fun, you would always have to know what seed your using so you wont die on the first night... His way you wouldn't camp as much, or just get better and better at PvE.
Posted Image<--------- Click it! Best mod ever!

SuperVieira
  • Minecraft: SuperVieira

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postdeath0master0er, on 13 May 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

His idea would be a lot better than yours, having the coords determine your difficulty wouldn't be fun, you would always have to know what seed your using so you wont die on the first night... His way you wouldn't camp as much, or just get better and better at PvE.
Yeah, I can agree that the farther away you are the harder it is is a bad idea :\
Posted Image

AnneOnimous

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

View Postdeath0master0er, on 13 May 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only person on this board that thinks this game is too easy. You wouldn't have to know what seed you were using, either - I've never spawned beyond 500, 500. It would be a rare seed that takes you so far away.

And I never said that we couldn't have both ideas.

And furthermore, people will camp even with Dinnerbone's regional difficulty. People love to make bases. Having an additional difficulty-based-on-location would encourage people to explore outward for more of a challenge, and it would provide an increase in difficulty for people with established empires that wish to expand further out into the world.

It's more of an end-game idea, since the end-game is what's too easy.

This idea could be taken a step further by implementing unique, higher-difficulty mobs that only spawn a certain distance from 0, 0. Like, say, red dragons (which should not, by the way, be like the Ender dragon).

I am reborn...

WilchHabos
  • Minecraft: WilchHabos

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've been playing Minecraft a long time, and although I like the terrain we have, a few extra Biomes could really spice it up. Something less "terrestrial" would be nice, more like the Mooshroom Biome. Lot's more generated structures too, I like exploring and coming across things I've not built myself.

vadagar
    vadagar

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1160 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

hope they add snow villages cause now snow biome are the most hated
Posted Image

Bagelface

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Cool new villages are awesome, but what I really want is the beauty of beta back (actual beaches and shrublands and stuff like that)
I have no idea what to do with my signature. This is good enough for now.

mountainlion88

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostNoodIesJr, on 13 May 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

There are a lot of things that could make the world generation better, especially some ocean upgrades. New mobs, possibly? What do you guys think?
Yeah, they should add sharks and jellyfish as new mobs, because they need a hostile mob for the ocean. It's kinda boring without one.
And AnneOnimous' idea of another dragon is cool, too.

trencheel303

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostAnneOnimous, on 13 May 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only person on this board that thinks this game is too easy.

If the game is too easy for you, do what it does well and mod it to make it harder. I can't understand why people who think they're swell at the game believe it should be made harder for everyone else. There are plenty of people who find the current choices fine as it is.

Personally, I wouldn't mind more granular options, like the vanilla ability to turn mob griefing off. So, get rid of creepers and stop endermen from lifting blocks. As a builder it is rather annoying to have to take these things into account, especially as Creepers on the Xbox 360 seem to just go off whenever they feel like it merely by smelling your scent. Granular options = good. Blanket options = bad.