• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Emerging Frontiers ~ Shape The Server ~ ef.d-host.net ~ FINALLY OPEN!

unique dynamic politics diplomacy pvp survival citadel custom map nerfed enchantments balanced gameplay

• Please log in to reply
1335 replies to this topic

spunkymunky97

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Emerging Frontiers – Shape the server

What is Emerging Frontiers?
Emerging Frontiers is our vision of how the potential of Minecraft should be used, to create something more than simple building and survival. We’re set out to create a community driven dynamic world you will come back to again and again and still find entertaining, a players decision can shape the server in the way one’s actions would in the real world. Do want you want to do or be want you want to be, whether it be Bounty hunter, politician or a simple trader, the world is filled with possibilities.

The World
When you first step foot in Emerging Frontiers you will find yourself in the land of Unstrael. A vast land of luscious jungles, dense forests, icy mountains and arid deserts, hand crafted by our map developers. While Unstrael is visually impressive it also enhances the gameplay in many ways you may not be used to; to control the server and prosper, you must understand and exploit Unstrael’s resources and territory.

Plugins

-   Citadel : We chose this plugin as an alternative to Factions for superior gameplay balance

-   PwnPlantGrowth : This plugin allows us to regulate plant growth across the map

-   PrisonPearl : This plugin is not to be introduced for a few weeks so please hold judgement

-   WorldRatio : This changes the Nether and Overworld to a 1:1 ratio for balance

-   EnchantHandicap : We’ve always hated enchantments and feel their removal will be more balanced

-   Flow : Changes the dynamics and properties of liquid to make water and lava sources more valuable

-   RandomSpawn : There is no defined spawnpoint on EF, you will be spawned randomly in the centre

-   PhysicalShop : A plugin that allows for simple trading of items by using a chest shop

-   HorseArmorCrafting : We wanted horse items to be available to all, so they are now craftable

Other Gameplay Notes

-   There is no form of teleportation or fast travel, you will have to find your own way around

-   There are no rules other than hacking, so be prepared for griefers and raiders

-   The difficulty will be tuned to Hard, recent updates will make mobs a foe just as bad as any player

-   Firespread is turned off, while we think griefing should be allowed, it should be somewhat nerfed

-   While admins/mods will play just like anyone else, they only have access to limited commands

-   While metagaming is allowed, we promote roleplay to enhance the experience for all

-   Discussing other servers and games is fine, just don’t spam or advertise

Donations
Donations are a tough subject we’d like to make fair and efficient system than other servers. Pay2Win is not happening to any degree, we’d prefer to make your donation feel valued rather than fork over ingame power which ruins the experience for many. Our kind sponsor asks for a small percentage of 30% to keep the server running and upgrade hosting, whatever you wish the other 70% to be used on is up to you whether it be for hosting, a teamspeak server or something completely different. Should you wish to donate follow the Vexyph link below, however we advise you discuss it with us before donating if you want any specific use for your generous donation.

Contact
Should you wish to contact us about anything whether it be donation, services or merely friendly discussion feel free to contact us on Skype. Myself @ greg.lock.1997 or Kyle @ violentkyle.

Our Sponsor[/font][/font][/font]Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

UnderFundedTV
  • Minecraft: UnderFundedMines

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

This sounds like just the server I've been wanting to play on, except one thing, why not make a large amount of renamed paper with the enchantment "Fortune X" using TooManyItems? That way you can easily regulate how much money is on the board. Here's what I mean,

Item name: 1 Credit
Enchantment: Fortune X

You set it as Fortune ten because it's impossible for a non-admin to acquire; this also means you can create multiple different bills, like a five, ten and twenty credit bills. And you can save the bills as a preset item too.

As for the terraforming bit, I know the basics of world painter, but i'm not very imaginative. I definitely like where the map appears to be going.
Posted Image

spunkymunky97

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostUnderFundedTV, on 12 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

This sounds like just the server I've been wanting to play on, except one thing, why not make a large amount of renamed paper with the enchantment "Fortune X" using TooManyItems? That way you can easily regulate how much money is on the board. Here's what I mean,

Item name: 1 Credit
Enchantment: Fortune X

You set it as Fortune ten because it's impossible for a non-admin to acquire; this also means you can create multiple different bills, like a five, ten and twenty credit bills. And you can save the bills as a preset item too.

As for the terraforming bit, I know the basics of world painter, but i'm not very imaginative. I definitely like where the map appears to be going.
You raise an interesting idea on the currency system. I like it, we shall definitely consider it. The only problem I see is deciding how much money to put into circulation, we'd have to be very careful about how it is done.

UnderFundedTV

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

View Postspunkymunky97, on 12 May 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

You raise an interesting idea on the currency system. I like it, we shall definitely consider it. The only problem I see is deciding how much money to put into circulation, we'd have to be very careful about how it is done.

How about for ever person, there is a max of about 500? That will have some interesting results, with the money being that rare, i'm sure businesses will start springing up everywhere, also it's possible some people who join will form nations because of the currency and travel system. This is starting to sound like some hot ­stuff, no?

Just had an idea, what if there was a system that for certain ore, would exchanged fresh currency, say five Credits per gold nugget? People in places of power collect gold and send it to the admins for re-circulation as credit.
Posted Image

ratelslangen
  • Location: if you read this and i just posted it. im probebly on the interwebz.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostUnderFundedTV, on 12 May 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

How about for ever person, there is a max of about 500? That will have some interesting results, with the money being that rare, i'm sure businesses will start springing up everywhere, also it's possible some people who join will form nations because of the currency and travel system. This is starting to sound like some hot ­stuff, no?

Just had an idea, what if there was a system that for certain ore, would exchanged fresh currency, say five Credits per gold nugget? People in places of power collect gold and send it to the admins for re-circulation as credit.
It will cause infation. You should make a product that is limited in quantity and not farmeble. (gold is farmeble)
Posted Image

ratelslangen
  • Location: if you read this and i just posted it. im probebly on the interwebz.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

BTW, im really interested in joining the server, but im not that good at building :/
Posted Image

UnderFundedTV

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postratelslangen, on 12 May 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

It will cause infation. You should make a product that is limited in quantity and not farmeble. (gold is farmeble)

You have a point, what if they only introduce currency once ore bullion is exchanged?

For instance, you have mined one solid gold block, you trade it for 405 credits that can now be used to pay for services rendered by other players who don't mine, As an example: I'm afraid of mining deep, so all I ever get is iron, I get money by transporting goods across Terra Nova as a courier. My expenses include food as well as security to ensure the loot gets from point A to point B. At point B I exchange the loot from A with whatever they were trading, I pay my guards and we hoof it back to A where we give you your stuff and prepare for another trip.

Edited by UnderFundedTV, 12 May 2013 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image

Azuga
    Azuga

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Evening!

As you may have noticed, I'm Az. As a begining note, this server looks amazing, and to be honest I've always wanted a Terra Nova based server. However, I'm not writing just as an interested player. My favourite past time on Minecraft currently is terra-forming, and seeing that you require a terra-former on the server really just puts the icing on the cake for me. I've built at least 3 massively terra formed worlds already, containing sculpted valleys, massive trees, beautiful villages, heroic mountains, and much more. I'm capable and happy to build anything, but my heart does lie in Terra-forming. Anyways, I'l fill out the application now, instead of just rambling.

Name: Calum/Azuga
Skype Contact: Sesamestreetsct.
Why you think you are suitable for the position: I think I am suitable for this position for two reasons: the first is that I enjoy construction and terraforming, and the second is that I spend a lot of time doing it.
Past experiences (if any): Whilst I've had no experience on a server where people can use my work, I've made three massively extensive survival worlds with a ridiculous amount of terraforming.
Examples of work: As afore-mentioned, I've got three survival worlds bursting with terraformations.
Opinion on the server: Amazing-sauce.
Suggestions: Accept me
Posted Image
Any other information: None.

Thanks for your time.

spunkymunky97

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostAzuga, on 12 May 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Evening!

As you may have noticed, I'm Az. As a begining note, this server looks amazing, and to be honest I've always wanted a Terra Nova based server. However, I'm not writing just as an interested player. My favourite past time on Minecraft currently is terra-forming, and seeing that you require a terra-former on the server really just puts the icing on the cake for me. I've built at least 3 massively terra formed worlds already, containing sculpted valleys, massive trees, beautiful villages, heroic mountains, and much more. I'm capable and happy to build anything, but my heart does lie in Terra-forming. Anyways, I'l fill out the application now, instead of just rambling.

Why you think you are suitable for the position: I think I am suitable for this position for two reasons: the first is that I enjoy construction and terraforming, and the second is that I spend a lot of time doing it.
Past experiences (if any): Whilst I've had no experience on a server where people can use my work, I've made three massively extensive survival worlds with a ridiculous amount of terraforming.
Examples of work: As afore-mentioned, I've got three survival worlds bursting with terraformations.
Posted Image

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for applying, you seem perfectly capable, however evidence of your work is lacking slightly. While I'm not saying you're a liar, I can't trust everyone based upon their word. If you have any pictures of your previous work that would be sufficient. If you have the time you could create something new and use that as evidence too. Anyway, I'm sure we'll look forward to having you on the team.

ratelslangen

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostUnderFundedTV, on 12 May 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

You have a point, what if they only introduce currency once ore bullion is exchanged?

For instance, you have mined one solid gold block, you trade it for 405 credits that can now be used to pay for services rendered by other players who don't mine, As an example: I'm afraid of mining deep, so all I ever get is iron, I get money by transporting goods across Terra Nova as a courier. My expenses include food as well as security to ensure the loot gets from point A to point B. At point B I exchange the loot from A with whatever they were trading, I pay my guards and we hoof it back to A where we give you your stuff and prepare for another trip.
You can ofcource make gold not dropping from pigmen or tradeble by villagers.
Posted Image

UnderFundedTV

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

View Postratelslangen, on 12 May 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

You can ofcource make gold not dropping from pigmen or tradeble by villagers.

That works too.
Posted Image

AldoDaAlex
  • Minecraft: aldoalex3
  • Xbox:SpacingFrog

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostAzuga, on 12 May 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Evening!

Posted Image

Thanks for your time.

Out of my curiousity, when you say you've been looking for a Terra Nova based server, do you mean a server based on the TV Show, and not the concept itself? If so, let me assure you this server has nothing to do with the show Terra Nova
Posted Image

spunkymunky97

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

We have considered the idea you have suggested and think it would be a bad decision for us. To create a balanced economy it would be very difficult and time costly. We figure basic item trading will make sure an imbalanced economy will be non-existent. Your suggestions are still appreciated.

UnderFundedTV

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postspunkymunky97, on 12 May 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

We have considered the idea you have suggested and think it would be a bad decision for us. To create a balanced economy it would be very difficult and time costly. We figure basic item trading will make sure an imbalanced economy will be non-existent. Your suggestions are still appreciated.

Okay, I guess if I ever get my own server I can just do it myself.
Posted Image

DanNeko
    DanNeko

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Minecraft: DanNeko
  • Xbox:Sinisterrr

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Bumping this because it looks really interesting. I'd help terraform, but I'm pretty new to World Painter. The world looks amazing as it is though, I must say.

EDIT: If you're going to have people explore the map, it might be an idea to have limited chat range. This allows people to grow as smaller communities, encouraging the idea of trade routes and wars.

spunkymunky97

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostDanNeko, on 13 May 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Bumping this because it looks really interesting. I'd help terraform, but I'm pretty new to World Painter. The world looks amazing as it is though, I must say.

EDIT: If you're going to have people explore the map, it might be an idea to have limited chat range. This allows people to grow as smaller communities, encouraging the idea of trade routes and wars.
Thanks, we appreciate your support. Your idea upon limiting chat range has been considered before, we may or may not add it. We feel that if the playerbase is low upon launch a limited chat range will lead to an inactive chat, then boredom and people may leave. However I limited chat range, as you suggested does create more tightly knit communities, which is something we want. If we were to set a range I would want something small like 500x500 blocks, as the map is only a 7000 x 7000 block circle, which is smaller than you might think due to the way the terrain is made.

ratelslangen

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Still interested in this server, are you accapting people with no to little terraforming skills? Or are you accepting people to help build an eventual spawn town city too?
Posted Image

spunkymunky97

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postratelslangen, on 13 May 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Still interested in this server, are you accapting people with no to little terraforming skills? Or are you accepting people to help build an eventual spawn town city too?
For terraformers we obviously want people with a good level of experience. As I'm sure you understand we want a map of a high quality that both we and the players will enjoy. As for a spawn, we are still debating the idea of having a spawn at all, and instead having the player spawn in a random location on the map. Going with the player driven theme of our server no spawn would work better, as the players would create their own locations for trade and meeting.

ratelslangen

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

View Postspunkymunky97, on 13 May 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

For terraformers we obviously want people with a good level of experience. As I'm sure you understand we want a map of a high quality that both we and the players will enjoy. As for a spawn, we are still debating the idea of having a spawn at all, and instead having the player spawn in a random location on the map. Going with the player driven theme of our server no spawn would work better, as the players would create their own locations for trade and meeting.

I totally understand and agree with your point of view.

I would be very willing to be signed up for the random teleport to the middle of the unknown. I will keep following this.
Posted Image

Russian_Python
  • Minecraft: JBowser

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

With your want for very good terrain, a good idea might be to find a plugin that increases world height and depth. That way you could create very tall mountains and allow for deeper mines.