What is Emerging Frontiers?
Emerging Frontiers is our vision of how the potential of Minecraft should be used, to create something more than simple building and survival. We’re set out to create a community driven dynamic world you will come back to again and again and still find entertaining, a players decision can shape the server in the way one’s actions would in the real world. Do want you want to do or be want you want to be, whether it be Bounty hunter, politician or a simple trader, the world is filled with possibilities.
When you first step foot in Emerging Frontiers you will find yourself in the land of Unstrael. A vast land of luscious jungles, dense forests, icy mountains and arid deserts, hand crafted by our map developers. While Unstrael is visually impressive it also enhances the gameplay in many ways you may not be used to; to control the server and prosper, you must understand and exploit Unstrael’s resources and territory.
- Citadel : We chose this plugin as an alternative to Factions for superior gameplay balance
- PwnPlantGrowth : This plugin allows us to regulate plant growth across the map
- PrisonPearl : This plugin is not to be introduced for a few weeks so please hold judgement
- WorldRatio : This changes the Nether and Overworld to a 1:1 ratio for balance
- EnchantHandicap : We’ve always hated enchantments and feel their removal will be more balanced
- Flow : Changes the dynamics and properties of liquid to make water and lava sources more valuable
- RandomSpawn : There is no defined spawnpoint on EF, you will be spawned randomly in the centre
- PhysicalShop : A plugin that allows for simple trading of items by using a chest shop
- HorseArmorCrafting : We wanted horse items to be available to all, so they are now craftable
Other Gameplay Notes
- There is no form of teleportation or fast travel, you will have to find your own way around
- There are no rules other than hacking, so be prepared for griefers and raiders
- The difficulty will be tuned to Hard, recent updates will make mobs a foe just as bad as any player
- Firespread is turned off, while we think griefing should be allowed, it should be somewhat nerfed
- While admins/mods will play just like anyone else, they only have access to limited commands
- While metagaming is allowed, we promote roleplay to enhance the experience for all
- Discussing other servers and games is fine, just don’t spam or advertiseDonations
Donations are a tough subject we’d like to make fair and efficient system than other servers. Pay2Win is not happening to any degree, we’d prefer to make your donation feel valued rather than fork over ingame power which ruins the experience for many. Our kind sponsor asks for a small percentage of 30% to keep the server running and upgrade hosting, whatever you wish the other 70% to be used on is up to you whether it be for hosting, a teamspeak server or something completely different. Should you wish to donate follow the Vexyph link below, however we advise you discuss it with us before donating if you want any specific use for your generous donation.
Should you wish to contact us about anything whether it be donation, services or merely friendly discussion feel free to contact us on Skype. Myself @ greg.lock.1997 or Kyle @ violentkyle.