• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft demo version?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Minecraftwannabe123

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I've been trying to download minecraft off minecraft.net for the past few days. And it says that I should download the demo version first before paying for it (which I definitely agree too). However whenever I press on play demo version it has the message "You can try a demo version of Minecraft below. If you like what you see, buy the full version!" however the only button below this message is one saying "buy game" which takes me onto the store and where you have to pay £17.95. Why isn't the demo button appearing? im on windows 8, which although I've heard bad things about, plays any other games I have got. Can anyone explain why the minecraft demo isn't available to even attempt to play? Please help!!!!

Register or log in to remove.

CmexMC
    CmexMC

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: bendust61

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Have you tried logging out of your account before trying the demo?

Posted Image

Posted Image

MindCrack. 24/7. Pure Survival. Apply today.

Minecraftwannabe123

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yeah I have just now, and it says you must be logged into a mojang account to play minecraft. Neither the demo or classic version load... :L sorta a bit sucky. Does minecraft work on windows 8?

MikeCraftian

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostMinecraftwannabe123, on 14 May 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Yeah I have just now, and it says you must be logged into a mojang account to play minecraft. Neither the demo or classic version load... :L sorta a bit sucky. Does minecraft work on windows 8?

Yes but... (It runs fine for me win 8 64x)

Not when using the "trial" version of windows 8 (provided to win 7 users)

Minecraftwannabe123

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

So if I but the full version it should run on my windows 8? its just I didn't want to buy it if it might not work haha :L I've just bought a new laptop and its full windows 8. not the trial version :) right. if it doesn't work can I get a refund? if so may as well try it :L