• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.2] [ADV] [PUZ] Stargate: Adventure [super detailed, great for exploration] [1000+ downloads]

adventure adv stargate stargate adventure sg 1 atlantis exploraion puzzle stargate mod

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: [1.6.2] [ADV] [PUZ] Stargate: Adventure [super detailed, great for exploration] [1000+ downloads] (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you play it?

1. Yes, downloading it now! / I have already played it! (14 votes [60.87%])

Percentage of vote: 60.87%

2. No, I don't like Stargate/sci-fi (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

3. No, the map thread hasn't interested me enough (1 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

4. No, because it needs a mod (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ClyeRandom

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

The first ever storyfied...
made by a single man... © Yogscast

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chevron six locked. Chevron seven locked. Wormhole established. Will you step through the Stargate, traveller?
Will you dare to emrace the dangers and opportunities that await you on the other side?
Where will it bring you?
Will you ever get back?

You find yourself traversing the event horizon of the Stargate - an ancient transportation device left on Earth by a long gone race - and arriving at Stargate Command, a military complex built specifically for Stargate research and exploration operations. Earth is only one of the billion places that a single Stargate could lead to..
You find the complex empty and start to realise what is going on and what was your mission...

FAQ

The map areas are very big and are exploration-oriented. Some players were confused at a point and felt rushed. But you really shouldn't feel that. I wanted it to be (and apparently I acheivend it) about wandering, travelling, stumbling upon weird stuff and solving its puzzles.
But if you feel confused and/or frustrated at any point, under the spoiler below you can find hints on how to progress along the map (SPOILER WARNING).

Spoiler:

Download

Preferred | Alternative

How to install

1. Get Minecraft 1.6.x (not tested on later versions, but it may work).
2. Download and install the Enhanced portals mod. It's fairly easy and won't ruin your other mods.
3. Download the map.
4. Extract the map folder ("Stargate Adventure") from the .rar archive into your saves folder.
5. Extract the map sounds folder ("Stargate Adventure map sounds") from the .rar archive into your resource packs folder.
6. If you're playing on a server make sure command blocks are enabled in the server.properties (enable-command-block=true). Thanks to ExVee for pointing that out.

Already have a favorite resource pack installed? No worries: back it up and drop the Stargate Adventure resource pack folder over it (it replaces paintings and some sounds in the game, but no textures).

Features

- 12+ months in the making
- Co-op friendly-ish
- Storyline!
- 6 worlds, including Earth, Abydos, legendary Ancients vessel Destiny and other weird places
- Crazy level of detail
- Incredible fully-functional redstone machinery, including cool seven chevron dialing panel, transporter rings, and automatic doors (check it out in creative mode afterwards!)
- O'Neill and Carter!

Gameplay time: 1.5-3 hours

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Reviews/LPs

Needs Enhanced portals mod to work.

On servers enable command blocks!

Texture pack: use what you like, as long as it doesn't change what the blocks/items are supposed to be (e.g. coal in vanilla = coal in texture pack).

Feedback, reviews and LPs are appreciated!
I tested my neck out of it, but there may still be some issues on different PCs. Just let me know.
Cheers.

UPDATE: There's an actual ending to the game, that you will immediately notice without my misleading joke Posted Image Continue exploring if you see something saying about survival! (see FAQ above)

UPDATE 2: While making this map I was thinking what was going on on these planets and all these places many years before you arrived here, or just a couple hours before that. I had a lot of fun imagining that, so I'm always interested what you guys think were the stories of the worlds you travelled to, how you interpret what happened there and what happened to you when you got there! Post here or PM me if you want to share your thoughts!

Edited by ClyeRandom, 08 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ClyeRandom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

The map is complete and almost ready. Here are a bunch of new screenshots under the spoiler section.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Malson
    Malson

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • Minecraft: Malsong3

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I love Stargate! I'm going to give this a shot
Posted Image

ClyeRandom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Thanks, Malson!
Posted Image

AudioSurfer
  • Minecraft: AudioSurfer

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hey there!

This map looks different from most of the maps currently circling round the forums. The trailer is quite good, and is mysterious, which is what you are trying to imply. If I can be on of the lucky people who get to Beta test the game, that would be great. If you could message me if you would like me to be a Beta tester, that would be amazing. If you are wondering, why him, I have a few reasons. Firstly, I will give my honest opinion and will not be afraid to point out any flaws or mistakes. Secondly, I can start the map straight away, so you will hear from me very quickly! If you would not like me to be a Beta tester, I understand. If not, could you be nice enough to message me when the map is released? Thank you for your time. Also, I have followed this topic!

Audio.

ClyeRandom

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thank you, Audio! I will indeed ask for your help then, which will be much appreciated.
Posted Image

ookandgluck
  • Minecraft: ookandgluck

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

i can't wait for this map!
i like whales :3
[URL=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1399077-lands-of-desire-ii-in-beta-testingctmcollection-draco-rogues-vault-of-adventures/]Posted Image[/URL]

ClyeRandom

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Postookandgluck, on 01 June 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

i can't wait for this map!
Posted Image

Me too :)
Posted Image

ClyeRandom

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

After messing around with the gate design due to major technical difficulties that the previous one had, I ended up with this solution.
Which is not so bad and I even kind of like it more.
What do you guys think?

Spoiler:

Posted Image

ClyeRandom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Latest look of the gates

Spoiler:

Posted Image

ClyeRandom

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Done with the map, now doing final test runs and also waiting for mods to update to 1.6 to implement those magical Stargate sounds.
Posted Image

ClyeRandom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Excited about the new stargate sounds feature I manage to incorporate. It took me a long time and it still ain't done, but I aim to get this over with next week so we can start at least a little bit of testing!
Posted Image

The_Lolzcat
  • Minecraft: The_Lolzcat

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Support! I'm excited to see this! Can't wait to play hopefully a mod with weapons from the TV series will be made, that would be awesome!

ClyeRandom

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

And it's off :D
Posted Image

ClyeRandom

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Some feedback would be nice! Is it even working for you guys? :D
Posted Image

Zodsmar
    Zodsmar

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Great but it uses mods! I don't feel like installing mods! (will remember this tho may try later on)
Posted Image

ClyeRandom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, I started this without mods, but since it dealt with travelling through Nether portals it quickly became a mess, so I opted for the mod.
Of course, now it's possible to get away with command blocks. But that would require a complete overhaul of the map which I'm not looking forward to :)
Posted Image

doctorwhofan92

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

How do I get to earth. I am stuck on the planet we start on.

ExVee
    ExVee

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

I like the integration of Enhanced Portals. A friend and I played this map a couple nights ago, and we do have a couple bits of feedback. It'd be great to note that for server play you need to make sure to enable command blocks in the server properties. We were stumbling around for a lot longer than I'd care to admit before we realized our mistake and started over. Additionally, we ended up spawning on Abydos just outside the pyramid. We had to load the map in single player and get the proper starting coordinates to teleport to for the server play.

That being said we are utterly amazed by the complexity and detail of the environments and mechanisms throughout. This is a beautiful and obviously lovingly crafted adventure map and anyone who has fond memory of Stargate needs to play this.

Here's the first installment of the playthrough from my perspective. It'll be running weekends through the rest of this month.

And the first part from my friend isstvan82:

ClyeRandom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Well, we all know your an EP fan, ExVee. Thanks for playing, glad you liked it!
Also, the lag you get (but not isstvan82) before a gate activation is because you probably exited Minecraft after first loading the map, so some sounds, which we're loaded in the starting area, got unloaded.
PS I liked how you just completely looted through Dr. Jackson's office at the end. Can't wait for the next parts Posted Image
Posted Image