made by a single man... © Yogscast
Chevron six locked. Chevron seven locked. Wormhole established. Will you step through the Stargate, traveller?
Will you dare to emrace the dangers and opportunities that await you on the other side?
Where will it bring you?
Will you ever get back?
You find yourself traversing the event horizon of the Stargate - an ancient transportation device left on Earth by a long gone race - and arriving at Stargate Command, a military complex built specifically for Stargate research and exploration operations. Earth is only one of the billion places that a single Stargate could lead to..
You find the complex empty and start to realise what is going on and what was your mission...
The map areas are very big and are exploration-oriented. Some players were confused at a point and felt rushed. But you really shouldn't feel that. I wanted it to be (and apparently I acheivend it) about wandering, travelling, stumbling upon weird stuff and solving its puzzles.
But if you feel confused and/or frustrated at any point, under the spoiler below you can find hints on how to progress along the map (SPOILER WARNING).
Preferred | Alternative
How to install
1. Get Minecraft 1.6.x (not tested on later versions, but it may work).
2. Download and install the Enhanced portals mod. It's fairly easy and won't ruin your other mods.
3. Download the map.
4. Extract the map folder ("Stargate Adventure") from the .rar archive into your saves folder.
5. Extract the map sounds folder ("Stargate Adventure map sounds") from the .rar archive into your resource packs folder.
6. If you're playing on a server make sure command blocks are enabled in the server.properties (enable-command-block=true). Thanks to ExVee for pointing that out.
Already have a favorite resource pack installed? No worries: back it up and drop the Stargate Adventure resource pack folder over it (it replaces paintings and some sounds in the game, but no textures).
- 12+ months in the making
- Co-op friendly-ish
- 6 worlds, including Earth, Abydos, legendary Ancients vessel Destiny and other weird places
- Crazy level of detail
- Incredible fully-functional redstone machinery, including cool seven chevron dialing panel, transporter rings, and automatic doors (check it out in creative mode afterwards!)
- O'Neill and Carter!
Gameplay time: 1.5-3 hours
Needs Enhanced portals mod to work.
On servers enable command blocks!
Texture pack: use what you like, as long as it doesn't change what the blocks/items are supposed to be (e.g. coal in vanilla = coal in texture pack).
Feedback, reviews and LPs are appreciated!
I tested my neck out of it, but there may still be some issues on different PCs. Just let me know.
UPDATE: There's an actual ending to the game, that you will immediately notice without my misleading joke Continue exploring if you see something saying about survival! (see FAQ above)
UPDATE 2: While making this map I was thinking what was going on on these planets and all these places many years before you arrived here, or just a couple hours before that. I had a lot of fun imagining that, so I'm always interested what you guys think were the stories of the worlds you travelled to, how you interpret what happened there and what happened to you when you got there! Post here or PM me if you want to share your thoughts!
Edited by ClyeRandom, 08 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.