• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Diamond Dimensions Modpack - New Dimensions, Mobs, Weapons & More! [9,400 DLs/35,000 Players!]

the diamond dimensions modpack mod pack diamond tdm diamond minecart

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

TheDiamondMinecart

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

"Welcome to The Diamond Dimensions.."

Currently Version 2.0

This modpack is the official pack of the YouTube Channel, The Diamond Minecart where a survival series of this was first played. Everything you see in the series is found within this pack and you can now play it for yourself! The theme behind the modpack is exploring different dimensions and using the items you can find there to enhance your normal survival experience. Find magical weapons, explore different dimensions and take down insane mobs in this awesome pack!

(All permissions have been granted by the Modders. Proof is below..)

[NOTE] At the moment, this modpack is still in beta as some issues still need to be ironed out, however this being updated all the time to get it playing as smoothly as possible for you. I am currently looking for a couple more mods to add to this so suggestions are welcome and ones that are in the process of being added will be shown in the post below.

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Mods either waiting approval, or are planned to be added:

Spoiler:

Posted Image

8th March 2013 - Diamond Dimensions [beta] publicly released!

Posted Image

The Diamond Dimensions Modded Survival - Episode 1 - "Punch Wood Man!"

by TheDiamondMinecart

Posted Image

The Diamond Dimensions - Ver 2.0

Click to download via TechnicPack.net

Posted Image

1. Download TechnicPack if you haven't done so already.

2. Click download link above to take you to the Technic Pack page.

3. Copy 'Platform URL' from Diamond Dimensions page.

4. Paste into Technic Launcher after selecting 'New Mod Pack'

5. Click 'Add Modpack'

6. Login using your normal Minecraft details.

7. Wait for it to automatically install and enjoy!

Posted Image

Minor: Treecapitator claims it is the wrong version but still functions correctly!

Posted Image

Check out the amazingly talented people that make these awesome mods!

Posted Image

All permissions from each and every modder of the mods featured in this pack are below..

Spoiler:

I hope that you all have fun playing my modpack that I have put so much hard work into getting public for you. I am always open to suggestions for more mods to add in future versions so please comment away!

Dan

TDM

I make daily Minecraft videos so please check me out below! :]

Register or log in to remove.

Sumaxify
  • Minecraft: sumaxi

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

So you finally released it aswell. HAH - I beat you 20689 people! Haha indeed!

Around how many times will you be updating it? Should I check back weekly, monthly, etc? Or is it randomly and I should just check back every once in awhile?

[media][media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9XY-wfUO00"]
Edit: Sorry, didn't imbed it correctly, sorry.

So going by the video (Ignoring all the bad jokes, my bad editting, the bad resolution since no one watches in HD in way - really stands for howling dragons ... nevermind - , and the eventual experimentation with dialog) What I first try to do is basically get shelter, but more importantly do the exploring. Judging by the mods, I could be just as successful from exploring then from mining with all the towers - but the mod pack feels conflicted. I either had the towers INCITING me to explore, and ?different dungeons? but then that seed thing that makes me want to stay in one area.

So what I'm really asking, what's the best way to succeed in your mod? Get a systematical farm and then explore the towers, fight the mobs and etc? Since you emphasize on the dimensions part by adding for example twilight forest and different terrains, I'd expect to explore most of the time but how do I set myself up for that really? What's the first step of the failure success?
Also, what dimension would be the best to tackle first??

TheDiamondMinecart

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hi! Thanks for your reply and detailed response, I'm glad you enjoy my videos!

As for where you can start, in my series I don't currently have the Magical Crops mod installed as it was a last minute addition because I felt that a lot of the recipes were expensive and it would just take too long and be very tedious in getting the materials you needed to create the awesome items. (Magical Crops will be added shortly to my series though)

So what I would suggest from the get go is exploring as you will need to find some Essence Ore which doesn't spawn that frequently and you'll need it to start getting the new seeds. Hopefully in the meantime you will come across other ores to get you started. The way I see myself tackling it is setting up a permanent residence where I farm all my resources, craft etc, but then make full use of the camping mod when exploring the caves, towers and dimensions. The camping mod is perfect for setting up temporary shelter instead of using randomly dotted shelters and gives a different edge to the exploring. The cube bots can also help to automate your permanent home while you are away!

The dimensions are both great so it's personal choice as to which you want to visit first, again the camping mod will help you with your temporary shelter while you are visiting. The Atum is great for mob fights and also some boss battles too which can wield some great rewards in terms of awesome weapons and what I like about the Eternal Frost is that you can collect resources to craft the 'frozen' styles of vanilla equipment (such as a crafting table etc) and then bring them back to the overworld to make your permanent residence look really awesome and unique.

As for the updates, at the moment I don't see too many more new mods to add (apart from Legend Gear and Twilight Forest when/if permission is given) so updates will just be bug related as and when myself or people find them.

Anyway! I hope this answers your questions and please enjoy playing the pack!

Dan
TDM

TheDiamondMinecart

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sorry for bump, but link is currently down due to too much traffic via Dropbox.. Just setting up another server host and will edit this post when complete!

Thanks for your patience.

[EDIT] UPDATE! Link should now be fixed again..

Medoly
    Medoly

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Ooh, a dimension pack! I've been searching for something like this. I'm gonna install Galacticraft on it manually though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheDiamondMinecart

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Link is now fixed! Please let me know if there are any problems again :]

And Galacticraft is a nice addition! Will look into it. I would also suggest The Twilight Forest as I can't officially distribute it through my modpack due to not having permissions :(

Dan
TDM

Rongmario
    Rongmario

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1130 posts
  • Minecraft: Rongmario

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Add Aether?

Medoly
    Medoly

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostRongmario, on 09 May 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Add Aether?
Where did you write mod incompability?
Posted Image
Posted Image

No1Freak
  • Minecraft: Superjmsya

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hey Dan :)
I kinda have a issue when i load up everything and done all what you said it just opens normal mod-free minecraft 1.5.1
Idk if its just me but that is whats happening
Posted Image

Rongmario
    Rongmario

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1130 posts
  • Minecraft: Rongmario

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostLemedli, on 09 May 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Where did you write mod incompability?
?

ZombiePiggy

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Would it be alright if I did a let's play on this? It seems really cool!

TheDiamondMinecart

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

File downtime is now (hopefully) sorted out so please continue to enjoy!

View PostNo1Freak, on 09 May 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hey Dan Posted Image
I kinda have a issue when i load up everything and done all what you said it just opens normal mod-free minecraft 1.5.1
Idk if its just me but that is whats happening

Hi! I have had some trouble with file hosts getting blocked, but now everything should be back to normal. Please uninstall the pack and then reinstall for it to work :]

View PostZombiePiggy, on 09 May 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Would it be alright if I did a let's play on this? It seems really cool!

Of course! I hope you enjoy playing. It would be great if you could either link to here or my channel in your video description and also post the video here so I can see :]

ZombiePiggy

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

I uploaded it! Sorry that it is really bad and that I ramble alot. :P

EagleGun

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Please add InventoryTweaks :)
I want to play minecraft right MEOW!

TheDiamondMinecart

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostZombiePiggy, on 10 May 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

I uploaded it! Sorry that it is really bad and that I ramble alot. Posted Image
Hey! Thanks for playing and your video was good, I gave it a like for you. Look forward to more..

View PostEagleGun, on 10 May 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Please add InventoryTweaks Posted Image
This pack is currently running off 1.5.1 so that mod is slightly too old for the pack. Thank you for the suggestion though!

TheDiamondMinecart

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostPepsai, on 11 May 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

Hi Dan!
It takes really long time for downloading this pack, i dont know about it is my internet connection, but please reply!

//Great pack btw, keep the good work!Posted Image

Hey!
From the first install, the modpack does take a little while to download, but it has never taken me longer than around 15-20 minutes? The pack is quite large and comes in at around 150MBs. You only need to wait once though as Technic only needs to download the pack once.
Enjoy!

RSWiktor
    RSWiktor

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi there Dan!

I just checked out Episode 6 of Diamond Dimensions, I must say that it's really my favourite Series on youtube.
Keep up the good work! :)

I love the new modpack, And it would be fun to see even more mods in it in the future. Posted Image !

Hi there Dan!

I just checked out Episode 6 of Diamond Dimensions, I must say that it's really my favourite Series on youtube.
Keep up the good work! :)

I love the new modpack, And it would be fun to see even more mods in it in the future. Posted Image !

Sumaxify
  • Minecraft: sumaxi

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostTheDiamondMinecart, on 11 May 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hey!
From the first install, the modpack does take a little while to download, but it has never taken me longer than around 15-20 minutes? The pack is quite large and comes in at around 150MBs. You only need to wait once though as Technic only needs to download the pack once.
Enjoy!

Helping both of you guys out,
It could be the ping rate of your internet - even if it's really good. For example, with satellite network, it will take visible time to start downloading, but it may download very quickly when it starts. Other networks respond very quickly, but work very slowly with downloading, and it's also dependent with tekkit and how quickly THEY can send the pack to you. Try to generally not asses from how long it takes to download to how large of a thing your downloading.

xboost
    xboost

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

I really like your videos and i want to download this pack because you are the best mod reviewer that i know. I really enjoy lets play series (plz more). So I want go get his pack. But I dont want to use technic. Cant you just provide a download link?

MansorgDX

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Do you have any textures packs that are with this pack?