Register or log in to remove.

Wircea
    Wircea

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1053 posts
  • Minecraft: Wircea

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

When I wanted to check that, I was awaiting to see a lame transparent-block texture pack.
My hate oportuny is gone (lol).

Good job, however, I won't download it since I don't like cheating, but Good Job.
:-P

Be nice with me and I will be nice with you :)

Phil3992
    Phil3992

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Minecraft: Phil3992

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

Ahh not another, no it's not the worst x-ray pack but yeah they all kinda suck. They are very commonly made aswell honestly go on the next page on the main forums and one just like this was uploaded just yesterday, and most likely the day before that and so on.

First if you are going to cheat why not just download an xray mod like nodas so it can be switch on and off, secondly this take little to no effort to make. The transparent blocks can be made by just deleting the contents inside the file and the blocks you have still solid are just bucket fills
Posted Image

Logger1010

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostPhil3992, on 06 May 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Ahh not another, no it's not the worst x-ray pack but yeah they all kinda suck. They are very commonly made aswell honestly go on the next page on the main forums and one just like this was uploaded just yesterday, and most likely the day before that and so on.

First if you are going to cheat why not just download an xray mod like nodas so it can be switch on and off, secondly this take little to no effort to make. The transparent blocks can be made by just deleting the contents inside the file and the blocks you have still solid are just bucket fills
the reason why some people get x ray texture packs instead of a x ray mod is that some people need it for a server that is modded no one has yet mastered a forge compatible x ray mod sadly

Momo_Mccloud
  • Minecraft: Momo_Mccloud
  • Xbox:MomoMccloud162

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Why do people do this even though there's a x-ray mod that can be turned on/off without installing texture packs...I'm not a fanatic of this things and also minecraft doesn't need this things. because minecraft is for survivaling not for cheating and bragging about over 9000 diamonds mined even though it's from TMI or NEI...

PercentNalt
  • Minecraft: PercentNalt
  • Xbox:PercentNalt

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostMM16201, on 12 May 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Why do people do this even though there's a x-ray mod that can be turned on/off without installing texture packs...I'm not a fanatic of this things and also minecraft doesn't need this things. because minecraft is for survivaling not for cheating and bragging about over 9000 diamonds mined even though it's from TMI or NEI...
Logger just said why in the post above yours.

Blaziken584
    Blaziken584

Waker of the Winds

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 2601 posts
  • Minecraft: Blaziken584

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostPercentNalt, on 12 May 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Logger just said why in the post above yours.
Though is there really the need for hundreds of identical packs to be made?
Posted Image  Wind Waker Texture Pack and for Pocket Edition! ~ Texture Pack Central - Large directory of Texture Packs!

S37r449_The_Miner

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

I might as well Download and recommend this texturepack, but i would add a surprise in it(For example, Emerald Money ).Posted Image

MrMe1003
    MrMe1003

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • Xbox:MrMe3003

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

I think the main use for textures like this is for servers that straight up don't allow the x-ray mod, and can prevent you from using it (Like Spout servers), and they use this to bypass it and cheat. For the ability to turn it on and off on non-spout servers, though, Optifine's in-game texture changing option pretty much solves that.
Though I do agree with Blaziken, in that there are way too many replicas of the same pack over and over. Probably because it's just so easy to make. I personally think one of the most useful, though, is Strongestcraft. I'll use that myself if I have a particular distaste for someone on the PVP server I play on. It's useful for going Slenderman on people in underground bases; popping out of the walls to kill someone by surprise, then retreating back before his allies know he's dead Posted Image.

Teqqvenom
  • Minecraft: DUBV3N0M
  • Xbox:DUBV3N0M

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

are the photos working for anyone else?

CyrusOfSky
  • Minecraft: CyrusOfSky

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

Well I'll admit, it's more interesting than the usual x-ray pack.

CopperCookie
  • Location: 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
  • Minecraft: CopperCookie

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

Another X-ray pack? What wrong with people understanding we don't need thousands of them packs. D:
This is how to make a cookie, add some wheat for dough. Take some chocolate, and some copper that is tough.
Then add some sugar, and you are almost done! But make sure to hide it from kids, or it will all be gone.
Now put it in the oven, make sure that it is warm. The cookie comes alive, but it doesn't mean no harm.
The dough becomes a figure, that is good and pure. But the only thing he wants to do, is simply to texture.

Zhivaldo
    Zhivaldo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Can i Download from another link? 'Cause my adf.ly didn't work (No SKIP AD button)

Fayti1703
  • Minecraft: Fayti1703

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostZhivaldo, on 11 July 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

Can i Download from another link? 'Cause my adf.ly didn't work (No SKIP AD button)

Well, I guess a "direct" link to the mediafire page should be added to the OP. But I experienced this too, so here is the link: http://www.mediafire... Xray 1.5.2.zip
Posted Image
Click here to get to the post.
PS: I know there are mods for that, but Mods can't always save the day, Mojang!

CopperCookie
  • Location: 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
  • Minecraft: CopperCookie

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Ahem...this has 25,000 dowloads? -.- I'd like to see proof of that.
This is how to make a cookie, add some wheat for dough. Take some chocolate, and some copper that is tough.
Then add some sugar, and you are almost done! But make sure to hide it from kids, or it will all be gone.
Now put it in the oven, make sure that it is warm. The cookie comes alive, but it doesn't mean no harm.
The dough becomes a figure, that is good and pure. But the only thing he wants to do, is simply to texture.

user_1259045

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

All you did was delete the centers of blocks, yet you STILL put an adfly link on it.
What a guy.

View Postvncbass6, on 06 May 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

OVER 25,000 Downloads
Aw, that's cute.
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

TheDarkside1

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

I don't know why people post stuff about how lame or dump xray packs are, if you don't want to use it then don't use it.
Like what do you get out of going on there post that they took the time to do and help someone and try to put them down.
In my option I like it thanks for making it. Texture packs like this I use to be able to see my mods when developing them so there IS a purpose for this.
Thanks

CyrusOfSky

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostTheDarkside1, on 05 August 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

I don't know why people post stuff about how lame or dump xray packs are, if you don't want to use it then don't use it.
Like what do you get out of going on there post that they took the time to do and help someone and try to put them down.

1) There's literally thousands of them.
2) They don't contribute to the community.
3) They take a few hours to create. Most texturepacks take months to years.

It's not that people are putting down the creator, it's that people are trying to steer them in the right direction. No one is insulting anyone. And feedback is a part of putting up your pack online. The X-ray pack was a nifty idea for its time, but as you can see, it got old pretty quick. Also people generally don't enjoy seeing others reap praise for a few hours of replacing files using an overused concept, while other artists are pouring their heart and soul into their work, and actually trying to give the community more variety.

SharkyGAMER
    SharkyGAMER

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Minecraft: SharkyGAMER

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostCyrusOfSky, on 06 August 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

1) There's literally thousands of them.
2) They don't contribute to the community.
3) They take a few hours to create. Most texturepacks take months to years.

It's not that people are putting down the creator, it's that people are trying to steer them in the right direction. No one is insulting anyone. And feedback is a part of putting up your pack online. The X-ray pack was a nifty idea for its time, but as you can see, it got old pretty quick. Also people generally don't enjoy seeing others reap praise for a few hours of replacing files using an overused concept, while other artists are pouring their heart and soul into their work, and actually trying to give the community more variety.

There aren't that many for 1.6.2...
I need one to test my mods. Otherwise I can't tell if my ores are spawning properly.
I can't use the mod because if you install mods to the mcp testing version of minecraft it mucks
EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING up.
If you can name a working xray pack for 1.6.2, tell me
Official Chroma Hills Server Moderator
Posted Image

CyrusOfSky

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostSharkyGAMER, on 11 August 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

If you can name a working xray pack for 1.6.2, tell me

Kingnicolas26's X-Ray Resource Pack
Pig's X-ray Pack
X-Ray Resource Pack by CranK
X-Ray Resource Pack by Kitamiun
X-Ray Resource Pack 1.6.2 by RandomStudio
Vax Craft

I just went to the searchbar on the forums and searched "X-ray"
Found six from the past 30 days or so. Also notice how about 10 of these packs seem to be made each month. Again, the community doesn't need any more of these. It's more beneficial to create original content. That's why people dislike these so much.