• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to Increase Permgen Space.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

VexaFlare

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I have about 94 mods in my personal server modpack and I want to add two more but when I add them I get an error about permgen space. How do I increase permgen space? I was looking on the technic forums and found this -XX:MaxPermSize=128M, -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled,
-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled and -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m ofc

If this does work how do I run Minecraft with this?

Register or log in to remove.

cj3636
    cj3636

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

You need the "magic Launcher" to launch the game with those parameters. I know of no other way to change them in minecraft, other than creating an installer/launcher of your own. To do it in Magic Launcher, run it first. Click "setup", you will see all of your mods and coremods if they're installed in vanilla minecraft directory. In setup, click "Advanced" and type that in the "Parameters" text box. BTW sorry i didn't say, but you'll need -XX:MaxPermSize=1000M  for any difference in minecraft.

mikey3_14159
  • Minecraft: mikey3_14159

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

You can also run minecraft with a batch file
I used to have a big bulky signature but then I replaced it with this.
Oh yeah. Check out my YouTube channel! I don't upload much, but what I do upload is fairly ok-ish.

GamerfanaticMC
  • Minecraft: GamerfanaticMC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

You can change parameters on which Minecraft is running in the vannila launcher by klicking on "Edit Profile" and putting the tick by JVM Arguements.
Posted Image