Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Help with a logic gate

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

IConquer1101

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

I want two redstone signals to have a single output with these conditions:

Both signals start as "off", and will turn on seperately. I want the output to turn on when: Both signals are turned on, and STAY on until both signals are turned off again.

Is there a simple way to do this that i'm overlooking?

Register or log in to remove.

iPixa
    iPixa

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

2 RS NOR latches with an AND gate output should work. Red is the input from the two redstone signals, blue is the reset for both latches. Couldn't figure out how to make the input and reset come from the same line, sort of like a lever. The yellow line is the AND gate, the green line is the output. I believe it's called an RS NAND gate, but i'm not quite sure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

IConquer1101

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

heh... that is far more compact than what I ended up figuring and building. Thanks for the help!

Magix
    Magix

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2743 posts
  • Minecraft: Magixx

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Also, as soon as your sentence contains "and stay on until..", you no longer have a logic gate. Gates have no memory.
Posted Image

PsychoGear
  • Minecraft: PsychoGear
  • Xbox:Psych0Gear

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostiPixa, on 03 May 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

2 RS NOR latches with an AND gate output should work. Red is the input from the two redstone signals, blue is the reset for both latches. Couldn't figure out how to make the input and reset come from the same line, sort of like a lever. The yellow line is the AND gate, the green line is the output. I believe it's called an RS NAND gate, but i'm not quite sure.
I found a design that can use levers as inputs. It is not completely silent because it contains 2 pistons, but it is kinda compact and also quick (I think 2 ticks or 3 ticks max)

munin295
    munin295

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1078 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

3x3x4:

Posted Image

The two droppers are facing each other, there's a single item in the top dropper, and there's another dot of redstone dust under the far input. I put the levers on this side for visualization, but you can obviously push the inputs from the other side too.

This is an SR Latch which is SET by an AND gate (both inputs ON) and RESET by a NOR gate (both inputs OFF). Once set, toggling either of the inputs won't do anything until they both turn off. Similarly, when reset, toggling either input won't do anything (except make a click) until they're both on.

Grizdale
    Grizdale

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

everyone seems to be overcomplicating this problem.
hoppers facing into each other with 1 item in them and the rest is as you see it with no hidden circuitry.Posted Image
Edit: forgot to invert the output and no real point in uploading a new picture just for that.

also since people like the most compact solutions.
Posted Image
Posted Image