Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Doctor Who Map and Texture Pack

doctor who doctor who map texture pack tardis minecraft time medival space

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TvMinecraftGuys

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

This is T.V. Minecraft's first map, a map about the BBC Series 'Doctor Who'. This map is recommended to be 1 player, but can also be played as a multiplayer map. Please download the texture pack as well, for full satisfaction.

Rules
1. Play on Easy, Normal, or Hard.

2. No Cheating

3. Have Fun.

Downloads

Map: http://adf.ly/QLRxz

Changelog

1.2 June 10th
-Fixed being able to get to the TARDIS through a gap in the fences at the beginning
-Fixed another villager activating pressure plates
-Fixed still not being able to get to the TARDIS without going through the chimney twice
-Removed 1.4.7 Texture Pack (Will Update Soon)

1.1 June 7th
-Fixed uncovered command block at gate.
-Fixed not being able to get to the T.A.R.D.I.S. without going through the chimney.
-Fixed random villagers activating pressure plates
-Fixed mobs not spawning
-Fixed guards not being there while speaking.

How to download?

1. Click the download link above or click here.

2. Wait about 5 seconds then click Skip Ad in the top right corner. When mediafire.com opens, click the green download button.

3. Open the Zip File.

4. Open the search bar, and type in %appdata%, then click on 'Roaming', and then the '.minecraft folder', and the open up the 'saves' folder.

5. Move the folder from the 'Doctor Who Map Pack Zip' called 'Doctor Who Map' into the saves folder.

6. Go back to the '.minecraft' folder and open up 'texture packs'. Move the folder from the 'Doctor Who Map Pack Zip' called 'Doctor Who Texture Pack' into the Texture Pack Folder.

7. You're done! Open up Minecraft and play!

Videos

Register or log in to remove.

rsmalec
    rsmalec

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4548 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Review Summary
Interesting use of teleportation and invisibile walls to direct the player, but not enough story/dialogue to explain what is going on.  I have NO idea who the villains were or how I stopped them by placing a button.  I can see the progression that the map maker was going for, but the experience did not come across.  I like the guards, keeping me away from the TARDIS until I performed other quests.  The build was very basic.  

Total Rating: 10 (and that is generous)
Creativity - 3 (above average, I appreciate the teleportation to move the story)
Detail - 2 (average)
Experience - 1 (below average, confusing)
Challenge - 2 (too easy)
Progression - 2 (average)

Play Notes
Spoiler:

To see how my rating scale works, or how this map compares to over 460 other maps, click the image in my signature.

Posted Image

levittman

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

It isnt working

Creeperfive

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

A doctor who map eh?

You better have daleks or I'll blow you to pieces.

TvMinecraftGuys

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

View Postrsmalec, on 03 May 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Review Summary
Interesting use of teleportation and invisibile walls to direct the player, but not enough story/dialogue to explain what is going on.  I have NO idea who the villains were or how I stopped them by placing a button.  I can see the progression that the map maker was going for, but the experience did not come across.  I like the guards, keeping me away from the TARDIS until I performed other quests.  The build was very basic.  

Total Rating: 10 (and that is generous)
Creativity - 3 (above average, I appreciate the teleportation to move the story)
Detail - 2 (average)
Experience - 1 (below average, confusing)
Challenge - 2 (too easy)
Progression - 2 (average)

Play Notes
Spoiler:

To see how my rating scale works, or how this map compares to over 460 other maps, click the image in my signature.

OK, I knew it was pretty bad, but the way you put it made me laugh so much. I'm sorry for the confusing dialogue, and I'm not sure how to change the colors. The SHOP SHOP? I don't know why my friend put that in there. Or why it was named that. As for the ending, I didn't really know what to do for it, so I just made it as quick as I could. I promise my other maps won't be that bad. If I could redo it, I would definitely use the Custom NPC Mod.

P.S. It was a vanilla village. I know, I see how ridiculous it seems now.

View Postlevittman, on 12 May 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

It isnt working

You mean the texture pack? Sorry about that, I tried updating it, but with this new 1.5 thing, it's just so confusing.

tommymcm

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Just tried it out and was really excited, but the teleportation did not work :(
Posted Image

TvMinecraftGuys

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Posttommymcm, on 06 June 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Just tried it out and was really excited, but the teleportation did not work Posted Image

Really? That's odd, I didn't have that problem with anyone else. I'll see what's going on, and re-post it if i fix the problem. How did you know it didn't work? Did it teleport you to the wrong place, or nowhere at all?

TvMinecraftGuys

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

The new Texture Pack will be up soon, but the Unstitcher didn't work, so we must do it manually.

Sorry for any inconvenience, TvMinecraftGuys.

Imagination247

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

where do you get the texture pack

TvMinecraftGuys

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostImagination247, on 19 July 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

where do you get the texture pack

The Texture pack is for 1.4.7 so it will not work. If still wanted you can get it here: www.tvminecraft.weebly.com

Sorry for any inconvenience .

TFrag
    TFrag

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Minecraft: TFrag

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Hello, I recently made a playthrough of your map check out part 1 here:
http://tfrag.co.uk

TvMinecraftGuys

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the video, TFrag, I put it on our website, if that's ok.

TFrag
    TFrag

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Minecraft: TFrag

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

That's completely fine, I just added the link to this thread, completely forgot before. Posted Image

Here's part 2:
http://tfrag.co.uk