Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM
1. Click this link: http://dl.bukkit.org...ukkit/list/dev/
2. Select build #2765 (Newest)
4. Create a NEW folder and place your download into the folder.
5. Copy/Paste your RUN.bat file (That you created with your first server) into the new folder.
6. run the BAT file, and update the server.
7. After it's updated, in the Command Prompt, type "stop". After it saves, exit the Command prompt.
8. Open your old server folder, and copy your "Server Properties FILE", Ops TEXT FILE, and the three folders that include your current world data....(Aka, 'nameofworld', 'nameofworld'_nether, 'nameofworld'_the_end)
9. Paste all 5 of those files into your new server folder you created in step 4.
10. Re-run the RUN.BAT
You now have an updated server!
Please note: If this is difficult to understand for a lot of you, I'll upload pictures....
Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:17 PM
Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:28 PM
Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:06 AM
Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:34 AM
Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:40 PM
Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:50 PM
There is a reason why the bukkit staff doesn't link to the dev builds any longer in their announcement posts, and their reasoning behind that is if you can't figure out how to get it and update your server with it on your own, then you probably shouldn't be running it.
Teej94, can you please adjust your first post to make it clear that this is a dev/beta build? Calling it a release makes it sound that the build is considered stable, which is most definitely not the case.
EDIT: A beta build of bukkit for 1.5.2 was just released today. Remember, this may be better than a dev build, but it's still not an RB. There may be world eating bugs in it that have not been found yet. You have been warned.
Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:23 AM
Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:28 PM
Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:13 PM