• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.x][Forge] Equivalency - Say huzza! Thermal Expansion 3 and Equivalency!

forge ee3 equivalent exchange addon transmute ic2 forestry thermal expansion

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

Zie
    Zie

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Minecraft: playboi131

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postminecraft666666, on 29 June 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

This looks really good, will be using it.

Is it possible (or have I missed something) that we could get a version for 1.4.7? I would really like to be able to use it with FTB Ultimate!

Thanks

As mDiyo said, FTB is not updating because of red power 2 and red power 2 won't update, or you are stuck at 1.4.7, and no I don't think there is version for 1.4.7 .
Working.... huh :3

Register or log in to remove.

Grasenrack

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

First, love the mod thank you.

Currently Electrum, Lead, Silver, Ferrous/Nickel, and Invar are in their own little loop disconnected from the rest of the stuff.

As emerald appears to be the peak of the main loop and electrum the peak of this one, would a recipe like:
2 emerald <-> 2 electrum
2 emerald blocks <-> 2 electrum blocks
be possible?

PlayerX2000
  • Minecraft: PlayerX2000

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

I think it would be cool to add more transmutations for placed down blocks. Also I would like to see some compatibility for Tinker's construct metals. I'm not sure if Tinker's construct is mostly just stuff that;s already in the ore dictionary, if so there would be no need for recipes. Of course one feature I would love is recipes for Metallurgy. It adds a ton of ores, so there would be a lot of stuff to do. Just saying because when you have Metallurgy installed, you have a bunch of different resources, and when you like to transmute everything, it kind of gets in the way. Maybe I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.

chromo1418

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Sorry for the question, but i am currently playing with DW20 Modpack on Minecraft 1.4.7. Is there a working version for it, cause i got tons of iron but spare amounts of copper and tin and setting instability on Mystcraft off and generating a age with several dense ore symbols does not help, because these ores wont get multiplied in their genereation.

Lomeli12
    Lomeli12

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 614 posts
  • Minecraft: Lomeli12

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Just so you guys know, I do have a copy working in 1.6.x, but since EE3 is not updated to 1.6, it's kinda pointless to release an update.

View PostPlayerX2000, on 10 July 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

I think it would be cool to add more transmutations for placed down blocks. Also I would like to see some compatibility for Tinker's construct metals. I'm not sure if Tinker's construct is mostly just stuff that;s already in the ore dictionary, if so there would be no need for recipes. Of course one feature I would love is recipes for Metallurgy. It adds a ton of ores, so there would be a lot of stuff to do. Just saying because when you have Metallurgy installed, you have a bunch of different resources, and when you like to transmute everything, it kind of gets in the way. Maybe I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.
I'll eventually get to Tinker's Construct, but Metallurgy is a first. I'll look into it.

View Postchromo1418, on 11 July 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

Sorry for the question, but i am currently playing with DW20 Modpack on Minecraft 1.4.7. Is there a working version for it, cause i got tons of iron but spare amounts of copper and tin and setting instability on Mystcraft off and generating a age with several dense ore symbols does not help, because these ores wont get multiplied in their genereation.
Downgrading would be a bit of a pain, since I would also have to downgrade LomLib as well, and i just updated all my stuff to 1.6, so it would be a bit more of a pain than usual. However, the source for both LomLib and Equivalency are both on gitHub, so if anyone wants to downgrade, be my guest.

Posted Image

PlayerX2000
  • Minecraft: PlayerX2000

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostLomeli12, on 11 July 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'll eventually get to Tinker's Construct, but Metallurgy is a first. I'll look into it.
Awesome. If you add transmutation for metallurgy, I will definitely use this mod all the time.

Lomeli12
    Lomeli12

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

If anyone is having problems with any transmutations, use this patch or redownload the mod. I forgot to take into account the damage value of the stones.
https://dl.dropboxus...Patch 1.3.1.zip

Posted Image

Lomeli12
    Lomeli12

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Updated for 1.6.x
  • Added recipes from pre-1.6 version of EE3 since their removal during DynEMC's development.
  • Added recipes for carpets and harden clay

Posted Image

kdawg696
    kdawg696

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostxMoltenX, on 02 July 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

As mDiyo said, FTB is not updating because of red power 2 and red power 2 won't update, or you are stuck at 1.4.7, and no I don't think there is version for 1.4.7 .
Have you looked a ftb recently there are packs for 1.5 .

AlienXtream
  • Minecraft: AlienXtream

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

um...how can this be for 1.6x when EE3 has yet to update?!

Lomeli12
    Lomeli12

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 614 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostAlienXtream, on 20 July 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

um...how can this be for 1.6x when EE3 has yet to update?!

Lets get back on topic. Firstly, I'm happy to tell you all that I could compile EE3 for 1.6
https://dl.dropboxus...al-preh-1.6.jar

Posted Image

AlienXtream
  • Minecraft: AlienXtream

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostLomeli12, on 20 July 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

dont ya just love opensorce XD

Lomeli12
    Lomeli12

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostAlienXtream, on 21 July 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

dont ya just love opensorce XD
That's why everything I do is open sourced.

Posted Image

NTaylor
    NTaylor

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Liking the look of this mod adds some nice and convenient transmutations, however would like to mention a couple of transmutations that seem unbalanced to me and possibly suggest a few alternatives.

First one that strikes me as off is the leather for sticky resin transmute, 1 leather gives 3 sticky resin currently however due to the trivial nature of acquiring leather compared to the slightly more slow farming of sticky resin I really believe that recipe should be alternated so that 1 sticky resin gives 3 leather.

The next recipes that seem to be off to me are the ones for certus quartz, certus quartz is meant as a fairly rare resource yet you have it valued at just over iron, this seems quite off to me and I believe instead it should cost two gold (I know that is what Uranium is currently at but I also believe that could do with changing in some way as it is also fairly rare though I am not sure of a recipe for that) for one certus quartz.

The final recipe that jumps out as off to me is quite blatantly off and quite OP as well as very open to exploitation. Currently certus quartz dust is set so that one certus quartz gives 10 dust, the main problem here is that certus quartz dust if IC2 is installed can be swapped back to certus quartz in a compressor. However the other thing about this recipe is that certus quartz and dust are equally rare in the world and in the context of the mod can already be switched between the two forms so as such to me should be equivalent.

Aside from that I have a request for a recipe though am not entirely sure what a decent transmute for it would be. A way to make slimeballs would be nice possibly something involving sticky resin to slimeballs.

Just want to state that none of what I have said is a criticism of how you have set the recipes just my opinion on how I think they should be.

KnatteAnka

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

some things i have thought of and that is.
1. there is no transmutation that get you blaze rod.
the thought is that not to use dust to blaze rod but have it like glowstone to blaze rod ( energy category)
2. it would be good if you can transmute stone bricks the other way aroud 2 (2 stone brick give 2 stone brick of the last version)
3.  think i have read it but to get slime would also be a good thing.
4. may be a way to get nether star :)

the reason i what this things is that i work on a world that don't have any thing in it only some minerals .
:D

Meyts
    Meyts

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

problems with any transmutations in version 1.6.2, bugs

Lomeli12
    Lomeli12

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostMeyts, on 30 July 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

problems with any transmutations in version 1.6.2, bugs

If you find a bug, DO NOT post it on the thread or PM me. Visit the issue tracker on github!!
https://github.com/L...ivalency/issues

Posted Image

Goreae
    Goreae

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1047 posts
  • Minecraft: goreae

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

The recipes I do not like are:

1 Coal/CharCoal = 2 Redstone
7 Coal/CharCoal = 1 Lapis Lazuli

It would be so much better if you did 4 charcoal=1 coal and did these recipes for just coal, not charcoal. The issue with this is lapis lazuli is almost as rare as diamond, and is used a lot in mods to add expense to certain items, like with IC2. As the mod currently is, I can put a stack of wood in a furnace and have 8 lapis in no time.   If i use 8 stacks of wood, that's one stack of lapis. Going with the old EE2 EMC values (which are still used in EE3 in all the transmutation recipes so far) wood/charcoal is valued at 32 EMC. Lapis lazuli is valued at 864 EMC. This means that one lapis is valued at 27 charcoal, not 8. The same problem exists with coal. Coal is actually used as a kinda valuable resource with mods because in vanilla, the amount of coal in the world is limited, so some mods (IC2, railcraft) use coal specifically instead of charcoal because it is harder to get. To get charcoal, just chop down some trees. Once you run out of coal, you need to mine more, or rely on an extremely slow trickle from wither skeletons (unless you use a spawner trap for them.) The point is, coal is much more valuable than charcoal, and should be treated as such. in EE2, it was 4 charcoal=1 coal, and I agree with that value. Whether you make it one-way or both ways, I would love it if you added 4 charcoal=>1 coal, and change the two recipes up top to require coal specifically. Also, in EE2, 2 charcoal = 1 redstone, so 1 coal = 2 redstone.

Standard opinion disclaimer: This is simply my opinion and if you don't like it, don't listen to it. It's your mod, not mine.

Come check out the No Topic Forum!

~LINK~

Feel free to PM me if you are having trouble with mods and I will help in any way that I can!

Count_Chuckula

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

So basically... this is a 1.6.2 add-on for a 1.5.2 mod?
Not sure how that works, but good luck.
Spoiler: My mods are on CurseForge

Lomeli12
    Lomeli12

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 614 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostCount_Chuckula, on 01 August 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

So basically... this is a 1.6.2 add-on for a 1.5.2 mod?
Not sure how that works, but good luck.
There's a link on the first post for a build of EE3 that works for 1.6.2.

Posted Image