• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

SkyDoesMinecraft Texture Pack! [1.5.1]

sky does minecraft skydoesminecraft texture pack butter budder gold personalised

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Pop2213
    Pop2213

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostMalcolm5211, on 26 April 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

another butter pack... Posted Image
seeking fame for a simple default edit adding gold to aspects, this has been done just search it and if you want sky and his "army" to see it why not advertise it on his youtube content away from the forums.

Just to clarify Gold is an element, its symbol is Au and has an atomic number of 79. Butter is a dairy product with no relation to gold.
for more info on both substances

Gold
http://chemistry.abo...acts/a/gold.htm

Butter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter

This deserves an
Oh Snap!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Malcolm5211
  • Minecraft: Malcolm5211
  • PSN:Malcolm5211

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostPackAPunchMasta, on 04 June 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Its a joke. the texture looks like butter.
I know that, I just don't think  it's necessary to make loads of terrible default edits to impress a youtuber who will probably never see/use them, he clearly knows how to use youtube so he could make one for his fans if he wanted to.

I don't understand why people want to sit there and watch someone just yelling, screaming, swearing and overreacting at the game. Personally I find playing on a small server with a couple of my mates from school is much more enjoyable and entertaining than to watch someone hallucinate, freak out and infect the world with their disillusioned ideas such as "budder"

That's all I have to say on this topic.

Posted Image

Deonyi
    Deonyi

Enderman Ender

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9117 posts
  • Minecraft: Deonyi

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

You do realise that you cannot specify individual textures for buttons. I feel some post-production has happened here...

Why are you stealing Taiine's avatar?

Posted Image

EndStone
  • Minecraft: EndStone

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostI_LOVE_BUDDER, on 03 June 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Guys just shut up! This texture pack is awesome, especially the little butter ingots on the leave game thingy. if you don't want another budder texture pack then don't download it. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who love this texture pack (i'm one of them) and don't want to hear you complaining!

And where can you download it?

I really want it! Great job, CtrlShiftCreate!

Don't listen to other posts. They're ­­idiots.
You just created a new account to say that?

Posted Image

echonite
    echonite

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostMalcolm5211, on 26 April 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Just to clarify Gold is an element, its symbol is Au and has an atomic number of 79. Butter is a dairy product with no relation to gold.
for more info on both substances
Its "Budder", in reference to a "bud", or weed. Budder is concentrated THC, which when hardened is yellow in color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budder

I agree, it is stupid.
Networking Tip of the Day: Static IP addresses are not always necessary for running a server. DHCP "leases" IP addresses and will often reassign them continually on small private networks by remembering the MAC address of the computer. It is only in larger networks where there are more then ~254 devices connected at any given time where a static IP is a good idea.

PoppingCobble
  • Minecraft: PoppingCobble

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Sky has about as many unoriginal texture packs as he does subscribers...

Posted ImagePower to the PE players!

CyrusOfSky
  • Minecraft: CyrusOfSky

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostI_LOVE_BUDDER, on 07 June 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

qNxX ur suck a b*tch. this texture pack is awesome, but ctrlshiftcreate where can u download it? I tweeted it, but im not sure if sky saw it (probably not Posted Image). I added on the bottom of the twitter post to spread the word, so it can eventually reach sky. I really want it! Where can I download it!?!?!?!?

Yeah, I did because the texture pack looks AWESOME!!!

This seems to be happening a lot lately.. could I give my take?

I'm a fan of Sky. Typically I don't like the types of videos he creates, but there was something about him that's kept me on his channel for a while. They give me a good laugh and brighten my day. I don't call gold "budder" despite gold ingots looking like yellow sticks of butter, because I know it's just the running gag and theme of his channel. I also don't flip a table whenever I see a squid. Nonetheless, I still respect his success, though evidently he isn't for everyone, which is fine as everyone has their own thing.

That being said, Budder packs are really overdone. There's a ton of budder mods and budder packs out there (I even found a budder language pack that adds the prefixes "budder" and "sky" to everything in the game <_>), I think it'd be very hard for any possible new ones to be different and innovative, or bring to the table what others haven't in a manner that many can enjoy. It's a specific theme to a specific fanbase as well, not to mention I can't really see how you can properly expand it and integrate it interestingly into the Minecraft world.

It seems a little unhealthy how this whole budder deal has an almost cult-like following. I mean heck, even sky himself had to make a public announcement in one of his minigame videos telling his fans to stop harassing other youtubers, or people in general for saying gold or squids, because the tweets he made with the same request in the past didn't seem to work, and even then only a fraction of his fans took him seriously in the announcement. When he asks his fanbase -publicly- to tone it down, I'd say you probably should tone it down, or at least try not to get offended when people ask you to stop.

I derailed a bit, but the bottom line here is that the project the OP undertaking is one that has been done before. If he can take the "budder" theme, and turn it into a creative pack that many people can enjoy (ie more than just simple edits) then he'd have something with more potential, but as it stands, it's just another pack everyone's seen before, and is growing rather tired of.

EndStone

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

Face it. You have 2 pages of hate. This texturepack has simply 2 things.
Sky wouldn't give a dirt about the toolbar having "SKY" written on it with the feast of flesh font and blurry gold ingots on the menu.

Posted Image

Bleading Bullet

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostPatchworkSnake, on 21 May 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Seriously, we do not need 14 posts saying how this is extremely un-original. If one person has posted something, don't post the same, it's pretty much spamming this topic. And by the way, SkyDoesMinecraft is not overrated, his fanbase of 1 million 8-year-olds make him seem so.
So, I'm not allowed to say what I think of this pack just because someone said a similar thing? I hate to pull the 'freedom-of-speech' card, but you can't silence us as individual voices.

Also, prior to your post, who said Sky was overrated?

Guys just shut up! This texture pack is awesome, especially the little butter ingots on the leave game thingy. if you don't want another budder texture pack then don't download it. I'm sure there are hundreds of people who love this texture pack (i'm one of them) and don't want to hear you complaining!

And you're not? You're complaining, you voice your opinion on the pack, and we're the idiots? You gauge one's intelligence on their opinions? I refuse to take such a post seriously.

Now, onto the actual texture pack. I find that what little is done in this pack is done poorly: The selector, instead of having its RGB values modified to give the texture a very visible orange tint, is simply coloured over with a pencil tool, which are near MS Paint levels of editing. Then there's the "budder". Name aside, there is yet another flaw; during the process of upscaling the tiny 16x16 image, a filter similar to anti-aliasing is applied, in which the original quality of the image is not preserved and the image being upscaled undergoes an attempt at upresing, which can be either an improvement or damage. This is the latter, resulting in this blurriness which, again, detracts from the quality.

gamerdude879
  • Minecraft: gamerdude879
  • Xbox:Playstation.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

And where can you download it?

I really want it! Great job, CtrlShiftCreate!

obvious troll
If Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter were all destroyed, 99% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 1% that would be laughing at them, copy this into your signature and hope it happens.

impulseD
    impulseD

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Minecraft: Lordwh

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

This sky thing is getting annoying. It is cool making a texture pack about your favourite Youtuber, but If you added your own textures to everything, and added the "budder" stuff, it would be cool. But you only added gold and probably a crappy squid texture. So, no I don't support your crappy fan-boy texture pack.

He is probably saying that to the whole fan-base that butter and gold have no relation other than there appearance, and that he thinks it is totally pointless to relate to these two thing as the same.

EndStone

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

*takes the script*
"AHEM
This texturepack is very good and Sky has to see this.
NOW wHERE'S MY MONEY YOU PROMISED ME!"

Basically what a few people are doing here.

Posted Image

Malcolm5211
  • Minecraft: Malcolm5211
  • PSN:Malcolm5211

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

The OP has not replied once and an opinion from every angle has been voiced so please let this topic die, further discussion does not seem necessary.

Posted Image