A large bug has been fixed in the NEI plugin. If you downloaded it previously, please download it again.
What is Sorcery?
Sorcery is a magic mod that adds a brand new spell system to Minecraft, along with lots of new items and blocks to play with and aid you in your quest to become a Master Sorcerer.
- 47 Spells with new ones being added every update
- Runestones and MP to cast spells with
- Additions to the HUD to make spellcasting and swapping easy and quick
- Wands, Spellbooks, Spell Tablets, Spell Pages and Staffs
- 3 new metals, Silver, Netherrite, and Infernite
- Multiple new machines to work with
- A new liquid and barrels to store liquids in
- New magical tools and armour
- A new Item transport system
- Inter-mod compatibility
- NEI Integration
Sorcery is still in development, and I have not yet finished documenting all of its features.Until I finish documenting features, I highly recommend that you use the NEI Plugin to view recipes.
You can find the unfinished Wiki here.
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Drop the Sorcery Zip file into the /mods folder inside .minecraft. If /mods doesn't exist, create it.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Grab CodeChickenCore and NotEnoughItems from ChickenBones' forum thread.
- Drop both jar files into the /mods folder inside .minecraft. If /mods doesn't exist, create it.
- Drop the Sorcery NEI Plugin Zip file into the /mods folder inside .minecraft. If /mods doesn't exist, create it.
- Launch Minecraft.
Alternatively, you might like to use MultiMC. With MultiMC, you can have multiple instances of the game, each with separate mods, and even separate versions of Minecraft, all the way back to the very beginning. MultiMC even has mod installation capabilities. You can download Forge from within the launcher without having to edit any jar files. You can download MultiMC from Forkk13's forum thread.
Getting started with Sorcery
If you're looking for a brief guide on getting started ingame with Sorcery, you should check this page on the wiki. It outlines almost everything from making your first forge to adding Spells to Spellbooks and casting spells.
Sorcery is likely to have bugs, as it is still in Beta. If you find any bugs, please submit a reply to this thread in the following format.
Bug Report Description: Steps to Reproduce:
I realise that some of my textures may not be fantastic. I'm a programmer, not an artist, afterall. If you think you could redo any of my textures in a way that still fits the minecraft theme, please message me here on the Minecraft Forums. I'll be glad to take any help I can get, and you'll get a special thank-you in this post!
The guys at the Broken Pie Podcast made this awesome cinematic video using Sorcery!
Check out this review by MrGibbsPowerOn
TheAtlanticCraft checked out Sorcery and loved it
Magic, in the realm of Minecraftia, is a lost art. Thousands of years ago, when life in Minecraftia prospered, magic was used by almost everyone, and they did everything with it. They mined, they farmed, they built, and they fought using the power of magic, but many years have passed since the fall of the Testificate Empire. Now, only lone villages live on, and the use of magic is very limited. If you want to get in there and bring magic back to Minecraftia, you'll need to spend some time tinkering and creating. Magic cannot be brought back to the world with simple furnaces and crafting tables alone, instead, you'll need to put together some brand new machines to get the ball rolling. With your help, magic can return to Minecraftia.I will get around to writing more lore for this soon, as I have many ideas for it now. Stay tuned.
- Some new Building blocks (Slime blocks, metal bricks)
- A Brand new Node based item transport system that works off Vanilla hopper mechanics
- Some new Mixer recipes
- A new potion - Antidote - gets rid of most negative potion effects
- A new potion effect - Frostbite
- A new sword enchantment - Sub-Zero - applies the frostbite effect to enemies
- Some new textures
- A new Biome - Enchanted Forest - with new trees and mushrooms and cool stuff
- A new mob - Unicows
- A new element - Arcane - not currently used in any spells, but it will be used in the new Infuser coming in Beta 1.3 and the new Spell system
- Some new textures
- A change to the way the Forge works - it now has to heat up
- Some awesome new render stuff
- An overhaul to Sorcery's UI. It now looks decent.
- LOTS of bug fixes
- LOTS of behind the scenes work
- A new command to set a player's Mojo and Maximum Mojo - /mojo
- + More I forgot
View the rest of the Changelog here.
- Desks for proper manipulation of spellbooks and spell pages
- A new batch of combat oriented spells
- Magic Armour
- Better Unicorns (More like 1.6's horses)
- A proper spell research system
- Bug Fixes
DO NOT download Sorcery from ANYWHERE other than this forum thread or the official wiki set up by me. Sites such as 9Minecraft rehost content, don't credit the mod creators, and add viruses to their downloads. Only download mods from the official source!
A Sorcery API for other modders wanting to hook into any of Sorcery's machines or add new spells is coming soon.
I would like to thank some people for their help throughout the course of this project.
- J7017 - suggestions, testing, and breaking things
- Cool37132 - suggestions, testing, wiki help, and breaking things
- restlessEternity - suggestions
- InsaneInTheBrain - suggestions
- KamiXero - suggestions, textures
- coolbob44 - hosting, testing, and suggestions
- Pro-Mole - wiki help
- Entrox Licher - wiki help
TERMS AND CONDITIONS 0. USED TERMS MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities. MOJANG - Mojang AB OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code. USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod. 1. LIABILITY THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER. 2. USE Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction. 3. REDISTRIBUTION This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation. 4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
If you are creating a modpack and wish to include Sorcery in it, you can, as long as you make sure to credit me and provide a link back to this thread. Please don't message me asking for permission.