8 replies to this topic

gcog
    gcog

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Minecraft: gcoghill

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Will Realms for MCPE have an infinite world for the server, or will it be limited like the app currently is? Seems like there's no reason to limit the world size since the device doesn't need to generate it, but perhaps there's still some sort of limitation in rendering it.

I just realized nobody has a beta for the MCPE Realms since 0.7.0 isn't out yet. Wonder if they are going to release Realms with .7 or if there will be a closed beta? The app previews seem to indicate the functionality will be in .7, but that doesn't mean the servers will be ready then.

Register or log in to remove.

MCKingCreeper
  • Minecraft: MCKingCreeper
  • Xbox:FTG Living Dead

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Postgcog, on 25 April 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

Will Realms for MCPE have an infinite world for the server, or will it be limited like the app currently is? Seems like there's no reason to limit the world size since the device doesn't need to generate it, but perhaps there's still some sort of limitation in rendering it.

I just realized nobody has a beta for the MCPE Realms since 0.7.0 isn't out yet. Wonder if they are going to release Realms with .7 or if there will be a closed beta? The app previews seem to indicate the functionality will be in .7, but that doesn't mean the servers will be ready then.

Although I have no proof of this, I highly believe that this will not affect the map size. Pocket edition has only a certain amount of ram to run off on mobile devices, which means infinite worlds would be very hard, if not impossible to create with todays technology.

gcog
    gcog

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

I'm thinking you are right, although there was mention that expanded or infinite worlds may be coming for higher-end devices. But that wouldn't be possible on the server since it would need to support players on various devices of varying capabilities.

The more I play PE and compare it to the desktop version, the more I miss the exploratory nature and the possibility of getting lost. I love playing on the couch though!

Mineblemone
  • Minecraft: MINEBLEMONE

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Not impossible.
Active RAM takes more space than inactive RAM, so chunk loading will make this possible. It is planned.
Posted Image

gcog
    gcog

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yeah from what I recall the limitation was older devices being able to handle it, not the ability to do it.

takenyadown

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

What I want to know is how to make a realm and how to invite people. Also if it is the same as older updates were you can join a LAN server.

Pokefan203
  • Minecraft: Pokefan203

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

This is not possible with this generation's apple ports.

Pvdude
    Pvdude

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I highly think that this will not happen because Steve Jobs was stupid and instead of using java for iOS he used Objective-C which is very confusing and resource-limited. Posted Image for Steve Jobs!
Posted Image

Unique_447

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

MCPE  user name:Unique_447
device:IOS(apple)
version:0.7.1(Full)
pls invite me I want this soo badly..
IGN:Unique_447

Reply to this topic