Latest News Article

Hidden Feature: Undead Horses

zombie jockey?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Zombee_Kreepah
  • Minecraft: igotzdamastaplan

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

EDIT: Dangit, can a mod move this to recent updates and snapshots? I messed up.

Disclaimer or whatever you wanna call it: I have not seen any topics on this. I searched it, too. So if there is one, forgive me.

Many of you may not know, but Dr. Zhark and the Mojangstas added something hidden in the new snapshot. Zombie and Skeleton Horses!
Posted Image
What do you think of them? Could this mean Zombie Jockeys? Or a Skeleton Jockey? (Not to be confused with Spider Jockey)
They can also be seen in this video, by GameChap:

As you can see, they don't do much yet. They don't even burn. What will Mojang do with this undead creatures? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Register or log in to remove.

RotomGuy
    RotomGuy

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1749 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

The first pictures are wrong, the undead horses don't have secondary textures.

They do look cool. If Skeletons scrapped the Spiders and rode Skeletal Horses instead the battles would be great.

Forum Rules and Minecraft General Rules
Do read them before posting. I mean it. >:C
Grass Block is still here, though most of you have probably clicked it by now. Posted Image
Do not suggest Vertical Redstone, Emerald Tools, Obsidian Tools and Skylands. They will be burnt in a hole.

Zombee_Kreepah
  • Minecraft: igotzdamastaplan

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostRotomGuy, on 21 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

The first pictures are wrong, the undead horses don't have secondary textures.

They do look cool. If Skeletons scrapped the Spiders and rode Skeletal Horses instead the battles would be great.
Yeah, I knew the pic didn't look right. It was just a random picture I found on Google. And an undead horse would be MUCH better than a spider.

TwentyFive
  • Minecraft: 257477

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

With the skeletons new behavior and if it could ride those horses, it would be EPIC! They would have great aim, rapid fire, and now, the horses could try and avoid you! (Moving too fast for u to hit them but they can hit you) LOOK OUT EVERYONE! SKELETONS ARE GETTING EVEN HARDER! Yea that would be cool...
When in doubt, say MOO!

Jalorda
    Jalorda

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1397 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Skele horse in diamond armor, with a Skeleton on it in full enchanted diamond armor, and a Power 5 Bow.... Vetches, this is all yours.
Posted Image

Khoury
    Khoury

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Not a really big surprise, the ones in the game now are like 90% same as Mo Creatures, except harder to tame.
now they need to add dark pegasus'.
I hate it when people post their computer parts in their signatures, like their bragging "Oh I have a fancy 1000$ computer that I built myself". No passerby is gonna care what computer you have.

DragonHeroBlaze
  • Minecraft: DragonHeroBlaze

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Well, horses can't climb walls, though.
What will probably happen is that zombies will be able to ride on zombie horses and skeletons will be able to ride on both skeletal horses and spiders.
Check out the spoiler for my weather suggestion and a list of other topics of mine I think you should see.

WilchHabos
  • Minecraft: WilchHabos

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

I love the Idea of Zombies and Skeletons mounting their own type of horse. I'm not sure it'd work too well for the Skeletons unless they made some changes to the AI, or better still wrote some AI specifically for mounts, otherwise he'd be up in your face doing very little damage. With Mojang working on Zombies spawning underground in larger numbers when they are attacked (I think that's how the changes are supposed to work), and the possibility of more mounted mobs on the surface, we may start to really get a feel of different atmospherics depending on where we are in-game.

Oh, Unicorns and Winged Horses are a no-brainer, Mojang would definitely be missing a trick if these never got added, even if not right away.

PopuliMinistrum

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostWilchHabos, on 28 April 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Oh, Unicorns and Winged Horses are a no-brainer, Mojang would definitely be missing a trick if these never got added, even if not right away.

Assumptions are a terrible thing my friend, just because you like an idea does not mean it will obviously be added to the game.
The problem with the truth, is that it never lies.

HerobrineWatcher
  • Minecraft: Luker10
  • Xbox:Borderlands1202

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostMinisterofOrigin, on 28 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Assumptions are a terrible thing my friend, just because you like an idea does not mean it will obviously be added to the game.

Agreed.
Undead horses=Zombies and Skeletons running at you with a battle charge. :3
~Herobrine
Posted Image