Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Obsidian in minecraft pe

mcpe minecraft pocket edition obsidian

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ingotblood

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hello, I have been playing minecraft pocket edition for about 11 months now and i have played the pc version quite a bit ( so i am not too much of a noob ) but i was wondering what would be the easiaest way to get obsidian in survival if the lava is on the surface? So if have easy accesible lava and water how do i make obsidian.
thanks,
i will welcome any replies

Register or log in to remove.

Cyrartyx
    Cyrartyx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

You cant, well without cheating. Just spawn the nether reactor you get 27 blocks easy.

ingotblood

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostCyrartyx, on 19 April 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

You cant, well without cheating. Just spawn the nether reactor you get 27 blocks easy.
thanks for the help but as you know nether reactors are expensive and are only good to make once a month, i need more than 27 obsidian blocks once a month so i can make my bunker, but thanks alooot for your help , now i am not feeling bad for not being able to make obsidian
thank you so much

Anbu
    Anbu

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2739 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postingotblood, on 19 April 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

thanks for the help but as you know nether reactors are expensive and are only good to make once a month, i need more than 27 obsidian blocks once a month so i can make my bunker, but thanks alooot for your help , now i am not feeling bad for not being able to make obsidian
thank you so much
IT is possible, Some maps, have lava, and Water. (Such as Nyan). Use that to your advantage, and create an obsidian spawner. Or wait till 0.7.0 with buckets.

ingotblood

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostAnbu, on 19 April 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

IT is possible, Some maps, have lava, and Water. (Such as Nyan). Use that to your advantage, and create an obsidian spawner. Or wait till 0.7.0 with buckets.
umm ya i am actually using that seed and that exact map but the problem is , is that it is impossible for the water to get to a lava source block

Anbu
    Anbu

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2739 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

View Postingotblood, on 20 April 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

umm ya i am actually using that seed and that exact map but the problem is , is that it is impossible for the water to get to a lava source block
I made a path, it should work. When the world first generates, they should already connect, but its making cobblestone. However, cut off the source of the water, let the lava flow into a hole. Then resume the water source. Then their should be obsidian.

Unless Minecraft Pocket Edition, Obsidian does not work in that way :x

Kitsune
    Kitsune

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostAnbu, on 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

I made a path, it should work. When the world first generates, they should already connect, but its making cobblestone. However, cut off the source of the water, let the lava flow into a hole. Then resume the water source. Then their should be obsidian.

Unless Minecraft Pocket Edition, Obsidian does not work in that way :x

I thought it always makes cobblestone.

View Postingotblood, on 19 April 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

thank you so much

What's this about nether reactors only being good to make once a month? You can make as many as you want in a month.

Cyrartyx
    Cyrartyx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostTheQuickBrownFox, on 20 April 2013 - 04:20 AM, said:

What's this about nether reactors only being good to make once a month? You can make as many as you want in a month.

He means it take around a month to find the 36 gold needed.

ingotblood

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

ya but it is really expensive
gold is pretty hard to find

Anbu
    Anbu

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2739 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

oh, I thought it also made obsidian guess not.

SuperSheepManOfSheep
  • Minecraft: Pe: CrafterSheep
  • Xbox:TeamSheep

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostAnbu, on 20 April 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

oh, I thought it also made obsidian guess not.

Actually, lava source block + flowing water = obsidian and water source block + flowing lava = cobblestone, so thats why seeds like nyan can't make obsidian. And since there aren't any lava pools in mcpe or buckets, you can't make obsidian, in the next update we will be able to get lava and water with buckets so I guess you could make obsidian in 0.7.0. :)

Doddy12345
  • Minecraft: Cam1234
  • Xbox:Doddy1234

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostAnbu, on 19 April 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

agree on what anbu saying it will be easier to just wait until 1st week of may till the buckets are out
Posted Image