5 replies to this topic

JSX
    JSX

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • Minecraft: JStheguy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

I was looking at the .jar file for minecraft so I could get a good look at the horse, hay bale, and leash textures, and I noticed the jar had the tell-tale sign of modding, the dates being filled in.  On a closer inspection I found files that seem to be from Minecraft Forge in the seemingly modified folders.
Along with the "mod" folder, something tells me Forge is possibly part of the mod api, or at least, a step towards it.
Posted Image
     Also, in the above image you can see a paulscode folder and an ibxm folder, both of which are from AudioMod.  To me, this seems to make sense, there are loads of fan api's for Minecraft already, it would make sense to just grab a handful and incorporate them into vanilla.

DISCUSS!
http://www.youtube.com/user/JSrises - Hazardous Materials Productions

Register or log in to remove.

Debugman18
  • Minecraft: debugman18
  • Xbox:debugman18

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostJSX, on 18 April 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

I was looking at the .jar file for minecraft so I could get a good look at the horse, hay bale, and leash textures, and I noticed the jar had the tell-tale sign of modding, the dates being filled in.  On a closer inspection I found files that seem to be from Minecraft Forge in the seemingly modified folders.
Along with the "mod" folder, something tells me Forge is possibly part of the mod api, or at least, a step towards it.
Posted Image
Also, in the above image you can see a paulscode folder and an ibxm folder, both of which are from AudioMod.  To me, this seems to make sense, there are loads of fan api's for Minecraft already, it would make sense to just grab a handful and incorporate them into vanilla.

DISCUSS!
No. The snapshot contains no such things. It doesn't appear in /bin anyways, it's in /versions.

Posted Image
...but that's just like, my opinion, man.

JSX
    JSX

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • Minecraft: JStheguy

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostDebugman18, on 18 April 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

No. The snapshot contains no such things. It doesn't appear in /bin anyways, it's in /versions.
Oh, that explains it, i was probably looking at a modded 1.5 jar.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JSrises - Hazardous Materials Productions

Debugman18
  • Minecraft: debugman18
  • Xbox:debugman18

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostJSX, on 18 April 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

Oh, that explains it, i was probably looking at a modded 1.5 jar.
Sorry to burst your bubble. :P

Posted Image
...but that's just like, my opinion, man.

Mezona
    Mezona

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • Minecraft: Mezona

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Damn. I was getting excited to see if the Forge developers and Mojang had combined into creating a better jar for mods. Oh well.

/hope ruined

Posted Image

Chefbarbie
  • Minecraft: Chefbarbie
  • Xbox:Aresea74

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

While this case is kaput, either bukkit or forge are the best choices fro a plugin API.