Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge] Extra Utilities v1.0.3c

extra utilities mod 1.5.1 forge 1.5.2 1.6.4

  • Please log in to reply
1824 replies to this topic

#81

Mathir_Girelad
  • Location: Chile

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

WOW... just... wow... i LOVE everything about this! :D
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#82

Antihate
    Antihate

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Location: Under the trolls bed !
  • Minecraft: AntiHate
  • Xbox:MaxAG

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Amazing , Thanks to direwolf20 for introducing this in his forgecraft2 . (:
Has ANYONE made a meme mod ?! ;_;

#83

RWTema
    RWTema

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostAgentRenamon, on 03 May 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

B)

RWTema, just heard about this mod on Direwolf's latest ForgeCraft video; and I have to say that I'm very impressed. The Peaceful Table is exactly I've been thinking about for some time; and that you have a working BUD switch block that won't trigger from another one next to it makes this my new "must include" Mod.

One request if possible for a future update: is it possible to make the BUD switch's redstone pulse directible? That is to say, when the block is triggered have it pulse only 1 of its faces instead of all 6? I have a certain build in mind that could be shrank considerably if that was possible....

B)

hmmmm.... maybe. No promises but I do have some vague ideas for upgraded versions of the BUD, which will be more configurable and able to detect other things than just block updates. However I'm  going to be concentrating on other features, for the moment. It's a definite possibility though.

#84

should1be1awesomecraft

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Nice mod, but some of the items are fairly overpowered. To get around it, I commented out most of the code (sorry for decompiling, i wont steal anything) so only a few items remained. I kept the muffler, compressed cobblestone, unstable ingot, destruction pickaxe, angel block and a few other items. Many of the items are extremely useful (mainly the muffler since i have about 15 tier 5 soul shards), and i can see why you caught the attention of the Feed The Beast team (i saw one of the members on twitch talking about your mod for the 1.5.1 version of FTB, and direwolf20 says he's giving extra utilities a spotlight). anyway, nice mod, but some of the things could be a bit more thought out. I would personally make the reversing hoe do ungrow other crops like nether warts and carrots, and make the peaceful table spawn mobs, but not kill them. make the player build a monster grinder himself. even at the cost of a diamond, its fairly overpowered. i think it should also use fuel (coal or xp) to run, but that's coming from someone who things EE3 and fortune 3 are overpowered. nice mod, ill be using it as soon as i get my computer fixed (with some content trimminh). and no, im not giving the edited code to anyone.

#85

sciguyryan
  • Location: Wales
  • Minecraft: sciguyryan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Postshould1be1awesomecraft, on 03 May 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

but that's coming from someone who things EE3 and fortune 3 are overpowered.

You have a very odd idea of overpowered. You know what they say, if you think its OP then don't use it.

The peaceful table is for peaceful, there isn't meant to be any mob fighting in peaceful so it would kinda ruin the whole point.

#86

RWTema
    RWTema

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postshould1be1awesomecraft, on 03 May 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Nice mod, but some of the items are fairly overpowered. To get around it, I commented out most of the code (sorry for decompiling, i wont steal anything) so only a few items remained. I kept the muffler, compressed cobblestone, unstable ingot, destruction pickaxe, angel block and a few other items. Many of the items are extremely useful (mainly the muffler since i have about 15 tier 5 soul shards), and i can see why you caught the attention of the Feed The Beast team (i saw one of the members on twitch talking about your mod for the 1.5.1 version of FTB, and direwolf20 says he's giving extra utilities a spotlight). anyway, nice mod, but some of the things could be a bit more thought out. I would personally make the reversing hoe do ungrow other crops like nether warts and carrots, and make the peaceful table spawn mobs, but not kill them. make the player build a monster grinder himself. even at the cost of a diamond, its fairly overpowered. i think it should also use fuel (coal or xp) to run, but that's coming from someone who things EE3 and fortune 3 are overpowered. nice mod, ill be using it as soon as i get my computer fixed (with some content trimminh). and no, im not giving the edited code to anyone.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still working on the mod and trying to sort stuff out and any advice or suggestions are welcomed. I agree with the reversing hoe and I'll fix it but it's kinda low priority since it's essentially a gimmick feature. The peaceful table actually does require 'fuel' - you need to place a sword into the chest which takes appropriate damage and eventually breaks. It's still fairly generous but I figure if you're playing on peaceful you're not really in it for 'the challenge'.

Also you didn't actually need to comment out code, there's a feature I forgot to document in the post. If you go into the config file you can disable recipes for all the items, but in addition, if you want to remove a block/item entirely you can set it's default id to 0, and Extra Utilities won't register it or any blocks/items that depend on it (Note: this is something I programmed in and won't work with other mods). I'll document it soonish.

#87

chaosenatic
  • Location: Gliese 581g

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

Awesome, time to remove the Knockback enchantment on my sword! (Direwolf20 sent me!)
Posted Image Teh signature about microscopes is broken.... =P

#88

SinfulWun
  • Location: Texas
  • Minecraft: SinfulWun

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

So I've found a bug, I'm not sure if its with NEI or Inventory Tweeks possibly both as I have tried enabling and disabling each (which is unfortunate) anyways, pressing R to get a recipie or trying  to sort your inventory with any items from this mod in it will crash the game. This happens with both installed or only one or the other installed.
Posted Image

#89

RWTema
    RWTema

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostSinfulWun, on 04 May 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

So I've found a bug, I'm not sure if its with NEI or Inventory Tweeks possibly both as I have tried enabling and disabling each (which is unfortunate) anyways, pressing R to get a recipie or trying  to sort your inventory with any items from this mod in it will crash the game. This happens with both installed or only one or the other installed.

Strange, works fine for me. Do you have the latest versions of each mod?

#90

ElpiusAmpora
  • Location: Finland

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Heard of this mod from one of Direwolf20's Forgecraft 2 episodes, and i gotta' say, this mod is quite awesome!

It adds so many useful and amazing blocks and items, that still fit quite well into Vanilla Minecraft, which i like.

The angel block is a godsend for me, because it's so annoying to always have to go to MCEdit to put a block into a void world.
The sound muffler is also super useful, i love it!
The pipe transfer system is also a very nice substitute to Buildcraft pipes, and it's nicely simple, and not too complicated.

Edit: Also made a quick signature banner, as you may see there below this text, hopefully you're ok with that.
Posted Image

#91

AgentRenamon
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: AgentRenamon

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostRWTema, on 03 May 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

hmmmm.... maybe. No promises but I do have some vague ideas for upgraded versions of the BUD, which will be more configurable and able to detect other things than just block updates. However I'm  going to be concentrating on other features, for the moment. It's a definite possibility though.

Posted Image

I do thank you for the quick reply; I really will be using this Mod when a few more of my faves are updated, too.

I have 1 important question concerning the Peaceful Table, concerning special Mobs like witches: Does the Table have to be in that mob's special Biome (Witch Hut, Nether, etc), or just anywhere I want to put it? I'm guessing it does; but I want to be certain ahead of time...

Posted Image

Posted Image


#92

RWTema
    RWTema

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostAgentRenamon, on 04 May 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:



Posted Image

I do thank you for the quick reply; I really will be using this Mod when a few more of my faves are updated, too.

I have 1 important question concerning the Peaceful Table, concerning special Mobs like witches: Does the Table have to be in that mob's special Biome (Witch Hut, Nether, etc), or just anywhere I want to put it? I'm guessing it does; but I want to be certain ahead of time...

Posted Image

Yep, it only spawns mobs that would naturally spawn in that specific location.

#93

ElpiusAmpora
  • Location: Finland

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

There needs to be some sort of filter for the Transfer Node, similiar to Diamond Pipes, so that you could make some nice farms or something, as having sorting pipes won't really help when the Transfer Node pulls out something that doesn't have it's own chest and thus' locks the whole pipe system in place.
Posted Image

#94

Freestyler555

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

Any news on the 1.5.2 update? All my machinary utilize your transfer system and the sheep/cows/chickens would drive me insane if I played without the mute box.

#95

harley9699

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just found this md---niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
Hopefully, you'll get the 151 updated before stressing on 152, most of the major mods are still 151. Just my 2 cents. Probably be a while before they're all up to date. Good mod, man.


Posted Image


#96

RWTema
    RWTema

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

View Postharley9699, on 05 May 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Just found this md---niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
Hopefully, you'll get the 151 updated before stressing on 152, most of the major mods are still 151. Just my 2 cents. Probably be a while before they're all up to date. Good mod, man.

The 1.5.2. doesn't seem that bad, certainly not as bad as 1.5 (or god forbid 1.3). You'll probably see most mods put out a quick update soon.

#97

sciguyryan
  • Location: Wales
  • Minecraft: sciguyryan

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostRWTema, on 05 May 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

The 1.5.2. doesn't seem that bad, certainly not as bad as 1.5 (or god forbid 1.3). You'll probably see most mods put out a quick update soon.

I'm surprised it didn't auto work with your mod. I guess you're not using the srg-naming system then? You may want to check it out, it has made it so that many mods automatically work between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 :)

#98

harley9699

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostRWTema, on 05 May 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

The 1.5.2. doesn't seem that bad, certainly not as bad as 1.5 (or god forbid 1.3). You'll probably see most mods put out a quick update soon.
Hope so. Itching to start a new world anyway. Maybe they won't release 1.5.3 or 1.6 next week. :D


Posted Image


#99

Miner128
  • Minecraft: mineandcraft247

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Direwolf20 sent me and this mod is awesome sounding, I can't wait for the 1.5.2 version but no pressure to update it since I am waiting for other mods to update (debating to use thaumcraft 2 aswell when it updates but that is another topic)
You have done a great job

Posted Image


#100

generalpickaxe

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

quick question do you have a version for 1.4.7?