Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge] Extra Utilities v1.0.3c

extra utilities mod 1.5.1 forge 1.5.2 1.6.4

• Please log in to reply
1823 replies to this topic

darkdemon

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

I love this mod, but is there any way you could add some tool/armour/something that enables all blocks to have the same breaking functionality as the angel blocks? I.E. I'm flying over lava, breaking a diamond block.

With this 'tool' equipped, breaking it would just put it in the inventory instantly.

Is it possible?
Jacoblaw.me
@darkdemon

Register or log in to remove.

Papsern
    Papsern

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

I think the sorting pipes are broken in the 1.6.2 beta. They wont let any items into their inventory, even ones that are already in the inventory.
Posted Image

paladinnight

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

Great mod and utilities!  In watching my kids play with the mod, the one recommendation that I have is to swap the magnum torch and chandelier (in terms of benefit and recipe).  The reason being that as I watched my kids play with the mod I noticed they were using the chandelier instead of the magnum torch to try and block mob spawning in their "town".  In fact they though there was a bug in the mod since they were still noticing mob spawning near their houses (16 block radius).  When I asked them why they though that the chandelier would provide a better effect their reasoning was that a chandelier was made up of multiple torches, so it should of course be stronger than just one of the magnum torches....

RWTema
    RWTema

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostPapsern, on 11 August 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think the sorting pipes are broken in the 1.6.2 beta. They wont let any items into their inventory, even ones that are already in the inventory.

Thanks, I've found the problem and it'll be fixed in the next version.

thelord69

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

Bug report, The game crashes when I click on the creative tab.

http://pastebin.com/XvjcGvsX
Posted Image

RWTema
    RWTema

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postthelord69, on 12 August 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Bug report, The game crashes when I click on the creative tab.

http://pastebin.com/XvjcGvsX

I think you may have a block/item id clash.

GeronForever

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

If Divine Sigil do not activate too long and be too close to you, it try kill you. Seriously I do not give spoilers, but it look mystical.
Good work, RWTema.

Posted Image

thelord69

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostRWTema, on 12 August 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

I think you may have a block/item id clash.

Oh, ok.
Posted Image

Graypup
    Graypup

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Minecraft: Graypup
  • Xbox:PC FTW
  • PSN:PC STATE NETWORK

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

Super-technical question: Which side does the peaceful table try first, when it's putting mob drops into inventories?
Posted Image
http://i.imgur.com/s5Xsq5k.png (MCF hates big images :( and text :( )

RWTema
    RWTema

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostGraypup, on 13 August 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Super-technical question: Which side does the peaceful table try first, when it's putting mob drops into inventories?

The order is randomized each time.

Korok
    Korok

Carpenter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Minecraft: KoroQ1701

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Not sure if anyone found this one out but you dont need Buildcraft to use ender thermic pump as said in description at the begining. I am able to pump lava to my Smeltery using EU pipes and peat fired engine from Forestry using ender tanks. Pretty happy and surprised about this.
Just to note: i´m still on the 1.5.2 version so hopefully its not a bug.

eggdropsoap

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

I just started testing the 1.6.2 beta in my private modpack and I hit a block ID conflict: the new Drum is using 4095 and so is RedLogic's lamps.

I moved the Drum to 2242 (which is unused in my pack) and it's working nicely so far!

View PostKorok, on 14 August 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Not sure if anyone found this one out but you dont need Buildcraft to use ender thermic pump as said in description at the begining. I am able to pump lava to my Smeltery using EU pipes and peat fired engine from Forestry using ender tanks. Pretty happy and surprised about this.
Just to note: i´m still on the 1.5.2 version so hopefully its not a bug.

Forestry includes the BuildCraft API, so it's not a bug. The pump just needs a BC-compatible mod installed so that the BC API is installed.

Graypup
    Graypup

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Minecraft: Graypup
  • Xbox:PC FTW
  • PSN:PC STATE NETWORK

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostRWTema, on 13 August 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

The order is randomized each time.
I have an applied energistics system, where there's one side with a place to put the items, and the other, a chest with a sword in it. I don't want any of the items in the chest... Should I use a block with 1 inventory slot, or fill all of the chest, except for the sword slot, or is there a better method?
Posted Image
http://i.imgur.com/s5Xsq5k.png (MCF hates big images :( and text :( )

Tyrellan

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

I have another request:  Create a pipe like the obsidian pipe in Buildcraft (then I'll never have to use BC's pipes ever again :) ) - ie. something that will suck up everything that falls into that block.

You could also create an upgrade: range (sucks up everything in the surrounding blocks).

eggdropsoap

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostTyrellan, on 14 August 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

I have another request:  Create a pipe like the obsidian pipe in Buildcraft (then I'll never have to use BC's pipes ever again Posted Image ) - ie. something that will suck up everything that falls into that block.

You could also create an upgrade: range (sucks up everything in the surrounding blocks).

Hoppers do that. Are they not suitable for what you're doing?

Tyrellan

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

View Posteggdropsoap, on 15 August 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Hoppers do that. Are they not suitable for what you're doing?
Where they do suck up stuff dropped on them, they're completely different from obsidian pipes.  If you could lay a hopper on it's side; it'd be closer.

Thunder7102
  • Minecraft: Thunder7102

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

Is there going to be a patch for the lack of sorting pipes in the near future? I just started a world a few days ago and I'm going nuts without a sorting method, and this mod looks absolutely fantastic otherwise.

Dan1elRulz

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Absolutely marvellous. I like the compressed cobblestone, no other mod lets me put 148769467776 cobblestone blocks into a double chest, so, for that I applaud you.

Posted Image

Posted Image[/center]

Darkona
    Darkona

Carpenter

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

The Drum is an epic idea.

If you compare it to other tanks, however, it beats even steel tanks. Of course it needs balancing, and the fact you can just pick them up and carry them is impressive. I see them being used specially as long-tem storage, kind of like the factorization barrel. I see them getting nerfed capacity-wise, but not that much.

Suggestion: Make the drums craftable with dyes so we can paint them.

EDIT: scratch that, I figured they can be painted with the paintbrush. Awesome.

scantrontb

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostGraypup, on 14 August 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

I have an applied energistics system, where there's one side with a place to put the items, and the other, a chest with a sword in it. I don't want any of the items in the chest... Should I use a block with 1 inventory slot, or fill all of the chest, except for the sword slot, or is there a better method?

not sure if it will work for your exact application, but you could try an AE "precise" import/export bus vs. the "basic" or "fuzzy" ones. a basic one will allow "anything" into/out of it, a "fuzzy" one will take any kind of the same thing, differentiated by NBT damage values, so a diamond pick that is brand new and one that is slightly used will both go in/out of the bus, but a shovel won't go in at all, and for even more control, if you want EXACTLY the same thing (eg. an brand new pick but not a damaged one) then use the "precise" bus... if you put in a brand new diamond pick it will ONLY let that single type in, a diamond pick with even 1 damage will NOT go in any more as it is NOT that PRECISE thing any more...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac