• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][0.5.1] Plunder Rummage [Forge 9.11.1][Dynamic Treasure Hunting]

treasure hunting magic uncrafting table adventure new items amazing

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

Poll: [1.6.4][0.5.1] Plunder Rummage [Forge 9.11.1][Dynamic Treasure Hunting] (25 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the randomized map difficulties? (Under "Ideas" section)

1. I like it, add it. (22 votes [88.00%])

Percentage of vote: 88.00%

2. Let me tweak it a bit. . . (post your suggestions) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. I don't like it, don't add it. (3 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

How do you feel about Luck? (Under "Ideas" section)

1. I like it, add it. (23 votes [92.00%])

Percentage of vote: 92.00%

3. I don't like it, don't add it. (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

How do you feel about Tool Modifications? (Under "Ideas" section)

1. I like it, add it. (14 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

3. I don't like it, don't add it. (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Just a couple of announcements to make. A couple of (?) ago I made a couple of undocumented changes to Plunder Rummage that I figured would be nice to have shared with everyone. First off, Enchanted Books can be found in chests (provided you have them available as loot) with 1, 2, or 3 random enchantments, depending on the map's difficulty. The level on the enchantment is just random, these is not determined by the map. Another part of the update also allows player heads to be found chests (again, provided they are available on the loot tables), modified with a random name on my back-end list. Currently, there are only six to collect, but I imagine that after this little announcement, that number will quickly grow from requests from players wanted to be able to have their head looted (sounds kind of sick, doesn't it?).

Also, StratXGaming and I are going to be doing a talk on Twitch tonight about ProSthetics 2 and a -little- about my other mods and what their future's hold, new content for them, and overall what my goals are to achieve for them. The stream will be sometime around 8pm EST, on 12/15 just so we all know (12 hours or so from now). We will answer questions in chat as well, so if you have any, be sure to drop by and check it out! You can find the link to his stream on twitter, and be sure to check there for when we actually get started.

EDIT: The stream has been rescheduled due to some issues both of us had regarding technology. The stream will be on Tuesday, December 17 at 8pm. We hope everything works out this time and hope to see you all there!
Plunder Rummage - my newest mod and a favorite of many! Also creator of (in order): RSMC (collaborative), Building Blocks Mod Maker, Flight Ring, Creeper Sword, Minor Alchemy, and ProSthetics

Register or log in to remove.

Sigma85
    Sigma85

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

I just d/L the newest version of both PR and Guffcore from the OP. Im on 1.6.4.
Spoiler:

Sorry I have so many mods. Guffcore is the only one saying errored though. Man, I really want this mod :(
Posted Image

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostSigma85, on 16 December 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

I just d/L the newest version of both PR and Guffcore from the OP. Im on 1.6.4.
Spoiler:

Sorry I have so many mods. Guffcore is the only one saying errored though. Man, I really want this mod Posted Image
Try testing a game version with only my two mods installed. I'm having trouble pinpointing this one.
Plunder Rummage - my newest mod and a favorite of many! Also creator of (in order): RSMC (collaborative), Building Blocks Mod Maker, Flight Ring, Creeper Sword, Minor Alchemy, and ProSthetics

el_pok
    el_pok

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the motd this mod posts every single time me or any of my players start their client.

First, we get a message informing us that 0.3.8 is out every time we launch when we are already running on v. 0.3.8. That kind of message is helpful when a new version is out, but misleading and annoying if we are on the latest version.

Second, I don't know about anyone else, but I think its bad form to use it to advertise other mods you are working on, especially when it spams a page worth of text upon server login every time. If it was a one time message it may not be so bad. If it is informing us about a necessary dependency (like advising to install GuffCore after installing PR) it is also helpful, but I don't think a forced motd is the way to suggest we download additional mods. (like the attached message regarding RSMC).

Frankly, it was the last straw yesterday evening when it also tacked on a message about ProSthetics.

While I do typically check out other mods by authors of working mods I'm already using, I think the current approach you are using is a little overbearing and at least in my case had the opposite of the intended effect, since I've temporarily pulled the mod from the server since there was no other way to suppress the motd.

To be fair, I did enjoy the PR mod alot, and found it a lot better than many of the other "treasure hunt" mods that sporadically plant chests and dot up unrendered areas on the Dynmap.

I'd maybe suggest first checking out your version check code to make sure it's working properly and then also perhaps make the trailing messages appear once and not on every single startup.

Just my 2 cents for what they're worth.

Thank you all the same for the work on a really cool mod!

Sigma85
    Sigma85

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

I thought for sure it was a conflict with other mods. But I loaded a profile with nothing but Forge, Guffcore and PR and got this:
Spoiler:

This is likely to be one of my favorite mods should I be able to get it to work :(
Posted Image

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

View Postel_pok, on 16 December 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Hello,

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the motd this mod posts every single time me or any of my players start their client.

First, we get a message informing us that 0.3.8 is out every time we launch when we are already running on v. 0.3.8. That kind of message is helpful when a new version is out, but misleading and annoying if we are on the latest version.

I'd maybe suggest first checking out your version check code to make sure it's working properly and then also perhaps make the trailing messages appear once and not on every single startup.

Thank you all the same for the work on a really cool mod!
When I released v0.0.3.8, I forgot to update the inside version to that, so it resulted in this bug. I fixed it a few days ago, and you'll be happy to know that there is already a config option to disable the check in the next update, whenever that may come.

View PostSigma85, on 16 December 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I thought for sure it was a conflict with other mods. But I loaded a profile with nothing but Forge, Guffcore and PR and got this:

This is likely to be one of my favorite mods should I be able to get it to work Posted Image
Try redownloading GuffCore? Maybe there was a problem and the class file never downloaded or something.

Sigma85
    Sigma85

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Just re-downloaded everything, installed Forge, Guffcore and PR on Vanilla launcher in new profile.
Spoiler:

The only thing I can think of is that my Mac automaticly Un-ZIPS everything when it downloads, maybe thats why ?
Posted Image

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostSigma85, on 16 December 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Just re-downloaded everything, installed Forge, Guffcore and PR on Vanilla launcher in new profile.

The only thing I can think of is that my Mac automaticly Un-ZIPS everything when it downloads, maybe thats why ?
That might be the problem. Make sure you are dropping zips into the mods folder.

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

Another content update, options to disable the new stuff is, as always, available in the config! TWO new maps are available to be obtained as well as FOUR new Teleport Scrolls!

Khormin
    Khormin

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Minecraft: Zenithas

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Isn't the latest Forge 953 or similar?  Also, more helpful than the crash log is going to the folder and posting (in spoilers) the contents of the client-0.log.  If you can do that, I'll take a look as well.  The log-0 is always going to have better info in it than the crash log.  Odd.  But it's the case.

Another content update

Woot!

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostKhormin, on 18 December 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]
Isn't the latest Forge 953 or similar?
Yes, the latest is that version but I have tested it continuously on forge 9.11.1.916 and it works perfectly fine, so that's just what I tell people to use. You can use whatever 9.11.1 version you want in all reality.

Khormin
    Khormin

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

Voted for the written books.  I have ~604 submissions for you, open sourced.  Mind PMing me an email for me to send them through to?

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Just want to give everyone a nice Christmas gift! I appreciate every single one of you that has downloaded and continues to use my mods, despite their flaws. I will continue to create and update my mods as long as they are getting attention from the community, and I especially am grateful for those that push me to improve them even more than what is already there.

What I have for you is, after 75 votes, the written books reward modifier. Anyone that submits a story to me will have the opportunity to have it featured in the stories list (don't worry too much about format, I can fix them before I add them to the list). Write whatever you'd like; short stories, long stories, guides to the game, guides to mods (including other mods, like IC2, BuildCraft, etc). I am also willing to advertise mildly in a special edition of a book - I will NOT make a completely new book for single ads, so players will not get spammed with tons of advertisement books in their treasure hunts.

I am pretty lenient on what sort of books I will accept, so the majority, if not all, will make it into the mod. Anyone who makes at least one submission will also have their name put into the player head modifier (the list for contributors to the Plunder Rummage community). Please not that this is not the ONLY way to get there. If you give me a great idea for an item, map, whatever for the mod and I implement it, your name is there!

On another note with this update, the Uncrafting Table has been given some tweaks, allowing Ore Dictionary recipes to be uncrafted (those pesky gears that you made by accident from BuildCraft can finally be turned back to sticks!) as well as modified behavior for specific items (those that use the traditional recipe format). This is either internal or direct, but requires a modder to use the API if they intend to affect it in any way. ProSthetics is the first mod to officially make use of this, allowing those items to be uncrafted and receive the proper ingots back from the tool.

Finally, just to make sure everything works properly, be sure to get hold of the most recent version of GuffCore (in the OP under downloads) and delete your default reward files. If you can not delete them (due to editing those files which should NEVER be done unless you are simply deleting a reward from them), you may create a new easy file or add to an existing one (which should have been created before. Posted Image) this line:

Written Book, id : 387, min : 1, max : 1, weight : 7

That is the exact format used for this new reward. Currently, there are no submissions at the time of this posting. That's a problem for two reasons. One, you will only be finding my award-winning book, Words of Encouragement, for the time being. Second, take a look at this thread's poll. See that little parenthetical statement? Yeah, I expect 75 submissions within the next couple of weeks, so get to writing and submitting!

To Submit a Book:
To submit a book to me, simply upload a text file of the book through any file hosting site (no ad sites) or copy and paste the text and send me a link to that file, the name of the book, and the desired author. I need this because I can make the author whomever I wish, so I need EXACTLY what you want the by-line to say. A quick format for you all to use if you need it:

Title:
Author:
Book:
paste link OR spoiler-text here, whichever you prefer.

If you use an ad-website to share a link with me, I will close the download and will not respond to your submission. I will reconsider the submission if it is submitted properly. Posted Image If you do not use spoiler tags, I will not read the submission until spoiler tags are added. For those who don't know, spoiler tags are types like so:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Finally, the download (this will be removed once CurseForge has approved it). Have a Merry Christmas everyone, and enjoy your holiday! I look forward to any and all submissions, and thanks for all of the support!

Plunder Rummage v0.4.6

View PostKhormin, on 25 December 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Voted for the written books.  I have ~604 submissions for you, open sourced.  Mind PMing me an email for me to send them through to?
Holy. . . Read above, you can drop them all in a zip file for me to look at later. Posted Image Looking forward to it.

Khormin
    Khormin

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostGuff, on 25 December 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

Holy. . . Read above, you can drop them all in a zip file for me to look at later. Posted Image Looking forward to it.

Can do.  Most of the books already have the author in the second or third line of the file.  There's two sections - 'public library', and 'creepies' - the 'creepies' contains a selection of open-sourced creepypastas, which goes perfectly with the sorts of places the chests tend to spawn, and novels (or chapters of novels) from public-use Lovecraft stories.  Link up later today - don't want to disturb the bandwidth here too much, it'll be a dropbox link.

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostKhormin, on 26 December 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Can do.  Most of the books already have the author in the second or third line of the file.  There's two sections - 'public library', and 'creepies' - the 'creepies' contains a selection of open-sourced creepypastas, which goes perfectly with the sorts of places the chests tend to spawn, and novels (or chapters of novels) from public-use Lovecraft stories.  Link up later today - don't want to disturb the bandwidth here too much, it'll be a dropbox link.
Oh, I am not really looking for users to submit others' works, but rather writings that you have made yourself. Open source or not, I think it's best if users submit their work directly. If you have any that you have written, I will gladly accept them. Otherwise, I will have to have the author of the work submit them to me.

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

I've updated the mod again to include some tweaks to the written books. Links should be properly determined now to allow certain characters that require URL encoding (%, $, #, &, ^, etc), so those are allowed in the title now; there would have been a problem with apostrophes if this had not been taken care of. Aside from that, it is now possible to convert a written book in-game to a formatted text file by right clicking an Uncrafting Table. A file named Title - Author.txt will be exported to .minecraft/PlunderRummage/Books for easy submission and saving time. Just give me the link!

Plunder Rummage v0.4.6

Sigma85
    Sigma85

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

I just can't get this mod to work for nothing Posted Image  steve so sad !  This really is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen so I REALLY want to play it ! *FrUsTrATioN**
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostSigma85, on 26 December 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I just can't get this mod to work for nothing. steve so sad !  This really is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen so I REALLY want to play it ! *FrUsTrATioN**
Download this version and try again, with ONLY forge, GuffCore, and Plunder Rummage. There is absolutely no reason this should not be working. You might start by updating your system's Java version, just make sure you have the latest. If that doesn't work, then you might make sure that both of my mods are being put in the mods folder (neither of them go into coremods). If it is still not working, make sure all of the files are being downloaded and installed (which should be fine). If the problem continues, go to the forge forums and ask around. I wish I could be of more help but since this so far is the only case of this issue, I don't have much to give in the way of help. If you get it figured out, please come back and let me know so I can help others troubleshoot the problem in the future.

xXTOPWOLFXx

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostSigma85, on 16 December 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Spoiler:

This is likely to be one of my favorite mods should I be able to get it to work Posted Image

I found that this happens with a slightly outdated version of forge. Just beause the forge is 1.6.4 doesnt mean it is updated enough for the fairly new GuffCore. I hope this helped and good luck with the crash

Guff
    Guff

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1785 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

View PostxXTOPWOLFXx, on 27 December 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

I found that this happens with a slightly outdated version of forge. Just beause the forge is 1.6.4 doesnt mean it is updated enough for the fairly new GuffCore. I hope this helped and good luck with the crash
Thank you.