pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Posted Image

Introduction:
This mod is a collection of different ideas I had. This mod is currently only compatible with universal electricity power. If you want to hook these machines up to your IC2 power grid, use the fantastic converters provided by mekanism.

Documentation:
  • Filler: This is a simple block that...builds a giant stone cube. Just connect it to power, and it will start building a 30x15x30 cube (The cube does not extend downwards). This cube will not replace any blocks, and only changes air blocks.
  • Extractor: This is an autominer, but it works a little differently than blocks such as a quarry, with a focus on convenience. The machine, when it has enough power, scans blocks near it, following a bell curve pattern. It uses a MegaJoule per block of ore mined, and 10 KiloJoules per stone block it scanned. The types of ores it seeks out can be configured, by putting the ores you want to mine in the top row. Redstone, coal and diamond ore are mined by default, as those ores are hard to obtain without the silk touch enchantment.
  • Replacer: This is a machine designed primarily for use with the filler. To use, place a chest on top of it, and fill it with the materials you desire. It will replace the stone nearby, but not stone underneath it, with the materials you put in the chest.
  • Grinder: This is a machine to produce power from raw materials. It produces a KiloJoule of power per item placed inside.
  • Focal Point/Controlled focal point: Focal points are spawned underground, and cannot be moved. Right click them to 'control' them, and turn them into a controlled focal point. This will then produce a small amount of power.
  • Ocean Generator: These blocks are fairly simple. They generate power based on the amount of water source blocks nearby, with a fairly large radius.
  • Single Point Generator: These blocks produce a bunch of power, but only if they are placed at the coordinates (5000,60,5000),(-5000,60,5000),(5000 60 -5000),(-5000 60 -5000). These blocks are intended to spice up SMP raid servers.
  • Laser Emitters: The one you've all been waiting for....ITS LASER TIME. Laser emitters, when powered, create a blue beam by default. You can right click the laser emitter with different modifiers:

Redstone: The laser beam will emit redstone current.

Nether Star: The laser beam will apply a severe debuff to anyone crossing it

Diamond Sword: The laser beam will harm any players or mobs to anyone hit by the laser.

Glass: Works similar to the Sword, but the laser beam is almost invisible

Diamond Pickaxe: The laser will slowly destroy and stone in it's path, using additional power.

Water Bucket: The laser electrifies water, dealing damage to all nearby entities in water.

Minecart: The laser pulls Mobs and Items hit by the laser inwards to the emitter.

Seeds: These create flux, based on conways game of life. At this time, flux has no practical purpose, it is intended as a fun, sandbox toy.
License/Modpacks:
Spoiler:

Downloads:

Register or log in to remove.

ITrAnEI
    ITrAnEI

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Minecraft: Tr4nE

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Wow, looks nice, I'll try it out. :)
'Sorry for my bad English, Im from Russia.  ~~Trane
Posted Image

sacul35
    sacul35

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Minecraft: sacul35

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Lovely looking blocks. Ill have to give it a go sometime.

pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Released version 0.2.9. Contains two new types of lasers and a bugfix where debuff lasers prevent other lasers from spawning during world reload.

heddendl
    heddendl

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: heddendl

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Sounds cool, maybe adding this to my dev-Awesonium version.

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Looks like it could be quite more interesting on SMP than SSP, though everything appears to work as advertised. Nice job on this, look forward to future updates.
Posted Image

pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Well, I was playing around with conway's game of life last night, and it gave me an idea. A few hours of coding later, I present...version 0.3.0, with flux lasers.

Simbaholic

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I get this crash on startup.

Spoiler:

Josh150
    Josh150

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

What or where are the crafting resipies for the blocks?
Posted Image
Epic YouTube Videos await you!

pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

@Simbaholic:
Thats a crash with MFFS

@Josh150
http://pastebin.com/piyriAEC

Simbaholic

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

View Postpixlepix, on 20 April 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

@Simbaholic:
Thats a crash with MFFS

That's weird, it all runs fine when I remove this mod, MFFS included.. hm..

pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostSimbaholic, on 20 April 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

That's weird, it all runs fine when I remove this mod, MFFS included.. hm..
What version of MFFS are you using?

Simbaholic

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

View Postpixlepix, on 21 April 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

What version of MFFS are you using?

At the time of that crash it was v3.0.0.18, I then downloaded the latest, v3.0.0.48, but unfortunately it still crashed there too.

Crash report of that too, though it's probably going to be almost the same.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Well, I'm an idiot, didn't look at the 2nd crash report closely enough and it's a 'slot slready occupied' problem.. lemme go fix that and try again..

EDIT 2: Fixed the conflicts, everything's good now!

pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostSimbaholic, on 21 April 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

At the time of that crash it was v3.0.0.18, I then downloaded the latest, v3.0.0.48, but unfortunately it still crashed there too.

Crash report of that too, though it's probably going to be almost the same.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Well, I'm an idiot, didn't look at the 2nd crash report closely enough and it's a 'slot slready occupied' problem.. lemme go fix that and try again..

EDIT 2: Fixed the conflicts, everything's good now!
Thanks for pointing that out, I definitely don't want a block ID conflict with another UE mod. That will be fixed in the newest version.

killah2km
  • Minecraft: Milkeydee

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

This mod is conflicting with IC2 "industrialcraft-2_1.115.294-lf" IC2 cries about a duplicate extractor when loading. Error below

Spoiler:

Simbaholic

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

View Postpixlepix, on 21 April 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I definitely don't want a block ID conflict with another UE mod. That will be fixed in the newest version.

It actually conflicted with 3 others from MFFS too, 680, 684, and 685.

pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

View Postkillah2km, on 21 April 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

This mod is conflicting with IC2 "industrialcraft-2_1.115.294-lf" IC2 cries about a duplicate extractor when loading. Error below

Spoiler:

This is a simple fix, and will be included in the next build, which should come later today.

EDIT: This was fixed in build 0.3.1.25

OrigamiGuyII
  • Minecraft: OrigamiGuyII
  • Xbox:none

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

this mod is a little OP perhapd... but you delivered an original Idea. the single point generators are smart as paint. well done.

pixlepix
    pixlepix

Stone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostOrigamiGuyII, on 21 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

this mod is a little OP perhapd... but you delivered an original Idea. the single point generators are smart as paint. well done.

What part is overpowered? Most items are balanced by huge power costs.

ZachtheGreat1

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostSimbaholic, on 20 April 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

I get this crash on startup.

Spoiler:
I also get this error