• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

What's going on? I need help with TU10!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

SoarvivalistGizor

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yesterday morning I loaded up minecraft and got the download window, blah blah blah, you know, got TU10, but the What's New tab in How to Play doesn't show it! What's up with that?
What's the leading cause of death in America? suicide.  What's the answer? Jesus.

Register or log in to remove.

UpUp_Away95

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

TU10 was a bug fix (and a hot fix at that) and did not add new content.  I've never really paid attention before, so I could be wrong; but I don't think that any of the previous bug fix updates had "what's new" screens associated with them either.  You can always just reference the changelog (pinned thread).

Neckernack

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostUpUp_Away95, on 17 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

TU10 was a bug fix (and a hot fix at that) and did not add new content.  I've never really paid attention before, so I could be wrong; but I don't think that any of the previous bug fix updates had "what's new" screens associated with them either.  You can always just reference the changelog (pinned thread).
I believe you are correct.  I only recall seeing the what's new list on updates and not bug fixes.

SoarvivalistGizor

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I dunno, because for new people that didn't know the system, when they saw TU5, (1.8) TU7, (1.0) then TU9, if I were them I would wonder where TU6 and TU8 were.

Well, I looked at it, and it only showed TU9 -_- But I remember seeing TU8 on the What's New list. I promise you.
What's the leading cause of death in America? suicide.  What's the answer? Jesus.

ubergine
    ubergine

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

The "bug patch" updates often sneak in a feature or two, eg I think TU6 added Golden Apples.

In those cases they had a relatively relaxed month to get the update out. TU10 had to address dire issues (particularly the Silver Member bug) and speed was important, so no happy bonus features slipped in.

Purplemonkey273

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

View Postubergine, on 18 April 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

The "bug patch" updates often sneak in a feature or two, eg I think TU6 added Golden Apples.

In those cases they had a relatively relaxed month to get the update out. TU10 had to address dire issues (particularly the Silver Member bug) and speed was important, so no happy bonus features slipped in.
The reason they added them in that update was because they had added golden apples but forgot to actually make them craftable.