• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Why is Junkboy so secretive about his identity?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

qbicfeet
  • Minecraft: qbicfeet

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

I'm just curious, thats all. In the documentary, he was masked with some pixelated head. His twitter avatar is a man in a lucha libre mask. He is always referred to as Junkboy, never as his real name.

Also, in the LEVEL magazine (Swedish gaming mag, he does some artwork for some articles in it) he's wearing a chimpanzee mask.

Any ideas why? I remember reading something about "he's about to quit his other job and don't want to be identified" but I dunno, he has been wearing that gorilla mask in LEVEL since he joined the crew.

TL;DR: Why is Junkboy obsessed with masks?
qPack 2 - Get the awesome texture pack everyone is talking about here!

lotlat said:

zombies should drop brains which when eaten (eww), will increase intelligence and then there would be no more retarded posts in the forum!

Register or log in to remove.

RedBloodedNinja

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

Calling it right now, he's a superhero and he doesn't want his secret revealed.
Posted Image
Octavia is best pony, yo.

echsi
    echsi

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:11 AM

The Mojang page has his real name: http://mojang.com/about/
So I doubt he is trying to hide from his other boss or something like that. It's probably just his thing.

qbicfeet
  • Minecraft: qbicfeet

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

Austen791 said:

He might have decided to keep both jobs but doesn't want his boss to know he was going to quit... idk? Maybe he is a  :Sheep: IRL.
Negative. I clearly saw that he had arms in the documentary. Plus, how the hell wouls he be able to do such amazing art only using his feet?

The Mojang page has his real name: http://mojang.com/about/
So I doubt he is trying to hide from his other boss or something like that. It's probably just his thing.
Nice find, but really... There's still something he's hiding, cause why would he go as far as replacing his face with an some megaman sprite in a documentary?
qPack 2 - Get the awesome texture pack everyone is talking about here!

lotlat said:

zombies should drop brains which when eaten (eww), will increase intelligence and then there would be no more retarded posts in the forum!

studnicky
    studnicky

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • Minecraft: Studnicky

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Two ideas as to why.

1.  He doesn't want the forums to blame him for everything they don't like or make demands that he add ridiculous, poorly constructed concepts into the game.

2. He wants people to be confused and talk about it.

Both are working already.
Posted Image

SweetLeaf420

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

Because masks kick ass. Hell, I wish I could walk around all day wearing different Lucha Libre masks.