• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[64x][1.7.x][CTM] Guruth's Medieval / Fantasy Remix V7.1 (Updated 12-3-2013) Textures + Sounds

medieval fantasy remix texture pack sound pack

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pack Information

Detailed picture album inside

Spoiler:

Texture Pack Credits

Spoiler:

Guruth's Graphics Pack 7.1

Spoiler:

Guruth's Sound Pack 7.1

Spoiler:

My World Save

Spoiler:

Update History

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

I just re uploaded the .zip, I wont change the version for it as only a few have downloaded it so far.

However, for anyone that has already downloaded it simply remove Ovo_nether_fence from the CTM folder if you wish to have the darker steel fence.

Jassycats
  • Minecraft: jassycats

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Cool. Chose texture that go well together, and you haven't crossed two types of genres together (like cartoon dirt, with realistic grass), which is good.
<insert random signature here>

Frofster

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

very nice pack; great textures.

nasallyone
  • Minecraft: nasallyone

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

This is pretty good. All the textures blend very beautifully. The screenshots are also nice. :)

xTchael
    xTchael

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Having followed the steps three times, I've yet to be able to use the texture pack. It defaults to (well...) default. I have Optifine installed and have tried both MCPatcher and Optifine to no avail.

I use the John Smith texture pack without a hitch. I'd like to use your path as an alternative "a bit more bright and cheery". There are very few of the brighter texture packs that I like as much as the one you've managed to piece together.

All too often, as Jassycays brought up, there seems to be mixed signals sent by an otherwise great texture pack. Yours sends no such signals. You seem to have hand selected each texture carefully in order to do so.

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

I think most likely the files were re zipped incorrectly.  When you open the finished .zip file you should immediately see about 10 folders and numerous files.  If you see a folder named Guruth-5.33a first then it is incorrect.  

In my video around 6:50 you can see the process of selecting the files to be zipped.

Let me know if this helps, it is an easy mistake to make and one I have made many times in the past when not paying attention.  I think it has the result of going to the default textures as you describe.

And yes, this texture pack has been something I have been tweaking since beta and put a great deal of time into. I am always making changes to it, but in it's current state I am pretty happy with it.  I decided to release it since I have been planing to release my world save which can now be found here if anyone is interested

http://www.minecraft.../topic/1775826-

There are a couple of textures I still need to rework such as the redstone ore and a couple of the food crates (the  eggs and potatoes don't look very good), but I will fix them in time and upload newer versions.

demijan
    demijan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Minecraft: Demmyy

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

looks amazing but takes too much effort to get :D

xTchael
    xTchael

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostGuruth, on 19 April 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I think most likely the files were re zipped incorrectly.  When you open the finished .zip file you should immediately see about 10 folders and numerous files.  If you see a folder named Guruth-5.33a first then it is incorrect.  

In my video around 6:50 you can see the process of selecting the files to be zipped.

Let me know if this helps, it is an easy mistake to make and one I have made many times in the past when not paying attention.  I think it has the result of going to the default textures as you describe.

And yes, this texture pack has been something I have been tweaking since beta and put a great deal of time into. I am always making changes to it, but in it's current state I am pretty happy with it.  I decided to release it since I have been planing to release my world save which can now be found here if anyone is interested

http://www.minecraft.../topic/1775826-

There are a couple of textures I still need to rework such as the redstone ore and a couple of the food crates (the  eggs and potatoes don't look very good), but I will fix them in time and upload newer versions.
That wasn't the mistake, also yes it is a common one and I have made it once or twice - its the first thing I look for.

If you do that the texture pack is grayed out in the selection screen (I know that from some experience from editing a few texture packs myself). It causes nothing to occur. The selection is unselectable.

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

Ah, sorry xTchael, I am not sure what else might be wrong.  

I'm in the process of uploading a new video and cleaning up my first post.  A friend just helped me with a batch file that automates almost the entire process.  It will make future versions much easier for myself to manage, and much easier for everyone else here to use the pack :)

xTchael
    xTchael

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

Bleh. I'll try to track down the culprit. If I find it I'll let you know what is wrong.

I think it may be me unzipping with 7Zip and the original .rar (Misa's) becoming corrupted on a few files (7zip gives an error for 204~ files compression when I unzip her texture pack). So I'll download WinRar to unzip Misa's texture pack with that and see if that fixes my issue.'

E:
Wasnt that, but I wrote a Python script to do the file deletions and the merging and now it works...

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

Great! at least you got it working :)  Hopefully things will be much easier now with the batch file.

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Sorry for the bump, but I have found an issue with some of the CTM files in the current package that may be causing game crashes.  

With my game and mod configuration /ctm/Ovo_vine has been causing consistent game crashes (every 10 minutes or so). Specifically this error java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

I would recommend removing the folder if you are having issues.  Doing this seems to have completely eliminated my crash issues.

Also to be safe you may want to remove /ctm/Ovo_workbench_sides as I still can not seem to get it to work.  If someone knows how to fix that please let me know.

I should also note the next version I release will change a number of wood textures dramatically.  This was done to suit my own world build, but if you are using this package for your own projects I thought I would make people aware of it.

returnthisblockID
  • Minecraft: Maxr1998

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Sorry but what about making a Installer for Linux - or simpler - upload the ready Texure Pack zip file...

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostreturnthisblockID, on 29 April 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

Sorry but what about making a Installer for Linux - or simpler - upload the ready Texure Pack zip file...

Read Misas legal documentation.  There are a great number of files in the pack that are NOT allowed to be redistributed so I have no choice other then having people download her entire pack as a base.

I have gone through a tremendous amount of trouble getting all the proper permissions required for this remix and sorting through and organizing every file to keep my redistribution "legal".

If you do not wish to, or can not use the .cmd file, it is nothing more then a renamed .txt file.  You can open and examine it in any text editor, the functions it performs are pretty self explanatory and can be performed manually.

HotTamales
  • Minecraft: CreeperBatVG
  • Xbox:CreeperBatVG

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Could you pllleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeee make an installer for this? The process to install this is just way to complicated for me :(

Guruth
    Guruth

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

What part are you having trouble with?

Pop2213
    Pop2213

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

PLEASE MAKE A FULL PACK!
Your Textures are amazing!!!
Please do more!
Posted Image

prelate1
    prelate1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

This is very nice, I'm looking forward to trying it. Is there an option to change the texture size of this release to anything but x64? My computer isn't very powerful and I find I have to use lower-res texture packs to maintain a decent FPS.

Thanks

pavlpants

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hey Guruth,
So I'm currently going through the cmd script by hand since I'm on a mac and I noticed a slight oddity in it, now I have zero idea how programming or anything works so everything might be in order and I'm just silly

del /f Misa500\ctm\craft_utility\ladder.properties
?? =>   del /f /a:ash Misa500\ctm\craft_utility\Thumbs.db
del /f Misa500\ctm\craft_utility\workbench_front.properties

Is that intentional or accidental? Posted Image
And part two, I can't figure out how to combine them after deleting the selected files in Misa500